Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET Sat July 25th ~MASK LABEL~

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Niraflen

Re: Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET Feb 24 **GINGA FORCE**

Post by Niraflen »

colour_thief wrote:
shmuppyLove wrote:Oh also I have a 360 now, not sure if we need an extra one for anything?
I have a second X360 (NA), but only one harddrive/VGA cable. Soooo it would still be better if someone else could bring one. Though in theory it will be competing with Batrider for cab space. :D
BareknuckleRoo wrote:As in, you ordered one of those adapters already and your 360's actually working on a cab?
Audio and video on the cab, but I don't yet have the controller adapter. So it's slightly ghetto in that you would be playing with a X360 controller in front of an arcade machine. Will be fixed ASAP! But not in time for the meet.
Viletim's JAMMA/PlayStation 2 adapters + the 360/PS2 controller adapters from Etokki. That'll be an extremely clean solution for getting the 360 controls into the cabinets. That would've been my next step on those cabs. :P

Glad they're going to be put to good use tomorrow!
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Hey let me know if you order one of the etokki PS2 to 360 adapters. I need one of those puppies and it would probably be cheaper to get two shipped together instead of separate.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

colour_thief wrote: Audio and video on the cab, but I don't yet have the controller adapter. So it's slightly ghetto in that you would be playing with a X360 controller in front of an arcade machine. Will be fixed ASAP! But not in time for the meet.
I can definitely live with this.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

MY BODY IS READY
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Late notice but has all accommodations been handled regarding ride hitching? I have two more spots in the car just in case there's someone out there that still doesn't have a ride.
moh

Post by moh »

tonight was so awesome! and getting the clear on buttrider was baller 8)
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Had a lot more fun this time around. Got to play some more and nearly looped Ketsui. Also got to try playing on a stick for the first time and also played Batrider for the first time as well (thanks to whoever brought that in). Those cabs are really cool but ouch they really do burn my eyes. Guess I'm just not used to them. :P

Ginga Force was a title I wasn't expecting to be impressed too much by and I was turned off by it at first with all the upgrading and no straight-forward game mode to blast your way through the levels but once you start working your way through the mechanics it actually becomes very enjoyable and I certainly got hooked on it. The level design is really unique and levels manage their pacing very well. I found it overall very interesting and even though my difficulty block would be on the boss of a certain stage, I was never bored when I had to replay the stages again. Shame I couldn't really sample the soundtrack that much over all the cabs but I certainly am looking forward to finishing up Ginga Force some other time when I drop by again!

Also, dat Shooting Love 200x ragequit
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
moh

Post by moh »

PROGEAR IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Shoutouts to the following people today.

- Colourthief for hosting a kick-ass meet as usual (+ even more, considering all those cabs hnnngggghh)
- Matt for that god-tier persistence on Aqua Rush's Expert Course. (also that 4400~second clear time)
- Kevin for bringing Batrider and sorta rekindling my interest for that game (Normal Mode is fun as shit)
- brendz, Udderdude, and ShmuppyLove for dropping by cuz I totally haven't seen you guys since forever.
- Skub because he got fucked in Technic Beat
- Moh because fuck you, Progear ended up not working and we ended up playing it on MAME.
- Moh again because fuck you, that shwarma was amazing and it saddens me that I'd now have to travel great distances for great food (read: shwarma).
- Everyone else just because it was cool to chill with this much people in a confined area.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

moh wrote:PROGEAR IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wut

I'm scared it will work totally fine for a while and then suddenly snap and go on a rage-fueled zombie killing spree.

Also yeah, that was a killer meet. Those NNCs, SuperSoaker's mad Ketsui skilla4rilla ON A PAD

PROGEAR RIIIIITTTTH FWUM YOR GWAAVE
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

SFKhoa wrote:- Moh because fuck you, Progear ended up not working and we ended up playing it on MAME.
Especially fuck you, Moh, because now Progear is apparently working. ;_;

Also, fuck you Khoa, for reminding me how much I fucking suck at Progear, watching you weave through patterns like they're nothing that I find tough as nails, mindblowingly awesome stuff against the final boss. I'll get better someday (i hope)

Thanks again for the Futari 1.01 DLC, Moh. Just so you know, the redeem code isn't region-locked, you don't need a JP account to use it.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Mushi 1.5 Ultra Max is retarded :3
colour_thief

Re: Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET Apr 6 **GINGA FORCE**

Post by colour_thief »

Have some busy weekends coming up. So it's a bit far away but here's a date for the next shmupmeet... Saturday April 6th! People are welcome come any time after 11am.
SuperSoaker360

Re: Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET Apr 6

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

With the date nearing, I gotta know if I'm going to be able to catch a ride with someone again this time around or if I'll have to sit this meet out.
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
colour_thief

Re: Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET Apr 6 (cancelled)

Post by colour_thief »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to postpone the meet. A bunch of stuff has come up, not least of which is my main TV is busted. :cry:

I really want another meet ASAP though, sorry for the delay and I'll keep you guys posted.
moh

Post by moh »

aw :(
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Nuts.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Please let skub know of any possibility of impromptu button pushing.

The locals will literally drop almost anything for Mr. Driller, Star Sweep, Aqua Rush, and/or Money Idol Exchanger.
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

Anyone want a minimeet tomorrow afternoon? I'm still down my main TV, but now I can at least play X360 games on a NNC cab.

Picked up an EXIO add-on board to let me play Mr. Driller G in 480p also! :D

<EDIT FOR GOOGLE SEARCHES>
Hadn't tested the EXIO board... Following testing the Mr. Driller JVS screen offers the same standard resolutions. The only new thing is the possibility of choosing separate sync instead of composite sync. Don't buy an EXIO board and expect to get Namco System 10 games to run at 31kHz.
Last edited by colour_thief on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'd be up for hanging out for a bit. Probably not a whole day thing, bit too busy I think to stay as long as I usually do. Strania'd look good in your hori cab I imagine. :P
moh

Post by moh »

can't make it :(

Already made commitments to go to the toronto meet.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

looking up mushi tama vids, I found this

be afraid
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

haha oh man

I thought you were going to link a 1CC and prove me wrong but no.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

You're partly right; I was looking for a 1cc vid just out of curiosity (though I figured you'd probably already done the same) and I found that. Maybe there's a 1cc of mushihimetama on Nicovid?
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

I checked there a while back, I think I found a credit feeding vid but that was it.
colour_thief

Re: Waterloo Ontario SHMUPMEET May 4 (CALADRIUS)

Post by colour_thief »

So we should meet again and play Caladrius or something. I'm still down my main TV and would be surprised if I get it fixed in time, so please reduce your expectations accordingly. :( But we can probably work something out with the 3 cabs. I'm thinking X360 on the vert with random puzzle games on the others, or maybe even Progear if we can convince moh to bring it.

Sunday May 5th from noon until late.
Last edited by colour_thief on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skub

Post by Skub »

colour_thief wrote:Saturday May 4th
For a second, I thought that was going to interfere with the Toronto Comic Arts Festival, WHERE I'LL GET TO MEET TAGAME GENGOROH
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Let's pray that Progear actually works this time around. :lol:
moh

Post by moh »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:Let's pray that Progear actually works this time around. :lol:
>_>
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Intending to crash this partay! :D
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.