RQ:Raiden III Bomb Usage/Suiciding and score

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ForteMP3

RQ:Raiden III Bomb Usage/Suiciding and score

Post by ForteMP3 »

In the "official" Ace Play files, the player seems to use bombs quite often, and even suicides to restock his bomb count (Albiet, he always suicides BEFORE any medal pickups). My question is this:How vital are your bombs/lives when it comes to scoring? I know they provide end level bonuses, but the Ace Plays seem to suggest you don't need to rely on these for scoring.

I've yet to become good at strategic bombing, as I typically use bombs as a defense. So my question is this:If I want to play for score, which is more important...Stocking lives/bombs or using them to get higher multipliers?
YOU ARE APPROACHING THE TARGET OF ATTACK! THE MISSION STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?!
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

The majority of your score comes from survival and the medals. You need to stay alive to get 10k for each medal, so lives are important in that sense. Boss milking, aggressive point blanking (in difficult spots, anyway) and planned deaths should be saved for when you're fairly comfortable with the game. Just try not to die and practice the bosses/stages and you can score quite a bit.

In other news getting that damn 1up in 6 is damn near impossible without a bomb for each tier. I haven't tried this section with the blue laser yet, maybe that's it.