RQ: Hidden 1ups bonus in Musha Aleste?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Turrican

RQ: Hidden 1ups bonus in Musha Aleste?

Post by Turrican »

So, I finally grab myself a copy of Musha. :D

And I've played it happily in these two days. Just like Zanac Neo at first, at every play I reach the final boss without losing a life, only to lose all my lives on it. :x

The game is very well balanced, but I feel like recovering from a death is a painful process. That's why of course it's much common to lose arm's level than an entire life. But I noticed that some times you lose your arm weapon without losing its level. Is this possible or I mistook?

Anyway, I was just playing (default settings) and my lives were x04 at the second stage, as usual (you do two extra lives in the first stage). at a certain point, right before the mechanical face:

http://www.classicgaming.com/shmups/rev ... 3l2mid.gif

while dodging those walls, I heard an unexpected sound. I checked my life counter and it was x06. Has this happened to anyone else? It cannot be score, as I usually reach x06 by fourth or fifth stage.
X - P - B
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

C'mon, Turrican, this is a strategy post. You ought to know that.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Huh, yeah, but the only GD topic on Musha is quite deserted and I thought I'd get more exposure here.

Also, I don't really need a strategy ^_^; I just wanted to share with people this bizarre occurance I had.
X - P - B
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Turrican wrote:Huh, yeah, but the only GD topic on Musha is quite deserted and I thought I'd get more exposure here.
This is what RQ's are for.

Thread moved and re-titled.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

It was not a request of help, and it was meant to be a more generic topic about my impressions on the game.

But it's all good, if you want it here it's good anyway :)

EDIT:

Ok, I just 1cced it. ^_^ (scored 134043550 at normal for who cares). But I was unable to find that extra life bonus, I wonder what was that. :?:

Anyway, really awesome game. I'm still leaning toward the Gunhed /Super Aleste gameplay, much more varied, but the style of this one is truly something. I can't remember many 1990 games visually so impressive.

Err, now I should get his PCE cousin Spriggan :-D
X - P - B