RQ: Gunbird train in Strikers 1945

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
landshark

RQ: Gunbird train in Strikers 1945

Post by landshark »

Can someone please post a video or replay or something that shows how to trigger the gunbird train in Strikers 1945?

It is explained a bit in the hiscore thread in this forum, and mannerbot provided some screenshots. But I'll be damned if I can get it to work. I'm not sure which trees are which for triggering on various stages. I probably gave it about 30 or so tries yesterday and never once got it to work.
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

Super short & crappy MAME+ .inp fileI just knocked together. (MAME32plus 0.96u1)

This is assuming Germany is your first stage, of course. I believe you need to hover over the tree to the immediate right in each case should Germany be your second stage.
Last edited by elbarto on Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
landshark

Post by landshark »

Oh sweet. Thanks Elbarto. I'll give it a look when I get home.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Thanks. Now I can at least get it done on stage 1.

I'm not sure how someone said they could get 160k on germany, but I'm sure there is a way. I was only able to pull off 120k with perfect gold. Must be missing something. The tank blows up before I can knock all the turrets off.
DEL

STRIKERS 1945 MASTER REPLAY

Post by DEL »

Mills would like to know if there are any Master Replays out there to view. Something in the range of 2mil+.

Can anyone help? - Icarus maybe?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Haven't seen any Strikers 1945 replays going around lately (just checked my usual sources, and my archives as well, and nothing).

If the tricks for Strikers 1 are anything like Strikers 2 though, repeatedly powering down in key places to generate more powerup-carrying drone formations will play a big part in generating more points. (If you're interested in seeing this done in Strikers 2, let me know and I'll chop out small clip from a replay.)

If you're interested though, there's a few Chinese capture guides at STGClub. If you have the patience as well, you can maybe go through their vast Psikyo forum for info and maybe the odd MAME replay.

Also: Doesn't the JPN version of the Strikers 1 and 2 pack for PS2 have a superplay DVD with it? I thought that had a Strikers 1 replay on it...
DEL

Strikers 1945

Post by DEL »

Thanks for the links Icarus!

Maybe the JPN version of the PS2 1 & 2 pack does have a reasonable replay DVD with it.? Perhaps someone else can confirm?

The constant powering down thing could play a big part in Strikers 1, as you say. Mills only powers down like this at the start of the game. Maybe he should do it throughout.

Cheers, DEL
landshark

Post by landshark »

Here's a 2-ALL replay using the BF109.

Mame32Plus 0.100 needed (supplied at the link).

http://www.geocities.jp/unknown6543212001/s1945j.html

Final score is 1,639,700. I actually thought this was Mills playing at first because of how he handles the 2nd loop (only shooting when he has to).
Icarus

Re: Strikers 1945

Post by Icarus »

DEL wrote:The constant powering down thing could play a big part in Strikers 1, as you say. Mills only powers down like this at the start of the game. Maybe he should do it throughout.
I'm not sure where the best places are to attempt it (Mills would be the best person to find out) but I think that powerup formations only appear in certain locations. Careful rapid powering down in these places to force these forms to appear might be a way of generating more points.

I remember seeing a Strikers 2 Pancake replay where the player does this repeatedly against the stage 1-8/2-8 midboss (the big square thing with six legs and the instakill laser, as you "drop" down a tunnel in the background) getting stacks of points. He also does is a few times in the sky stage before the large Lightning-shaped aircraft (Syumi Type0) and several times against the second form of the submarine boss in stage 6 (Cross Sinker).

Another thing to thnk about is drone milking. Since bosses get support fighters occasionally, milking these support fighters can also give you a small score boost. (See if you can milk the large missiles in one of the S1945 bosses, stage 5 or 6 I think.) Be wary of boss timeouts though.
landshark

Re: Strikers 1945

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote: Another thing to thnk about is drone milking. Since bosses get support fighters occasionally, milking these support fighters can also give you a small score boost. (See if you can milk the large missiles in one of the S1945 bosses, stage 5 or 6 I think.) Be wary of boss timeouts though.
That same replay has the player milking the level 5 boss first form (turrets on left and right that respawn).
DEL

Strikers 1945

Post by DEL »

Thanks guys,

Landshark - I'll try to show your replay link to Mills, he's averaging higher than 1.6 though.

DEL
landshark

Post by landshark »

Mills needs to make a mame replay. This game consistently kicks my ass at level 6's boss.