G.Darius

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Zach Keene

G.Darius

Post by Zach Keene »

Full defaults, one credit (no beginner mode, PSXers.)

Code: Select all

#   Name                           Score Rank          Path                   Rev
1.  T4N3                      52,159,680 Silver Hawk   αA-γE-ζL-κS-οV'(ALL)   PSX
2.  Smraedis                  28,818,160 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-εI-θO-νY (ALL)   PS2
3.  TVG                       25,482,410 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-ζL-κS-οV'(ALL)   MAME  
4.  copy-paster               22,351,570 Gold Condor   αA-γE-εI-θO-νY (ALL)   PSX (ePSXe)
5.  saucykobold               21,945,840 Gold Hawk     αA-γE-ζL-κS-οU (ALL)   MAME
6.  LtC                       21,886,590 Silver Hawk   αA-γF-ζK-κS-οU (ALL)   PC
7.  Icarus                    21,813,150 Silver Hawk   αA-βC-δG-ηM-λU (ALL)   PSX
8.  Prinny                    20,463,090 Silver Hawk   αA-βD-δG-ηM-λU (ALL)   PS2
9.  EmperorIng                20,392,500 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-εI-ιQ-ξX'(ALL)   PSX
10. Exed Exuna                20,005,470 Silver Hawk   αB-βD-δG-ηM-λV         PSX
11. Enhasa                    18,418,330 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-εI-θO-νY (ALL)   PS2
12. zoydo                     17,686,640 Iron Hawk     αA-βC-δG-ηM-λU (ALL)   PSX
13. doctorx0079               15,435,970 Iron Hawk     αB-βD-εI-θO-νZ (ALL)   PSX
14. gameoverDude              13,396,550 Iron Hawk     αB-βC-δG-ηM-λU         PS2
15. ChainsawGuitar            13,098,850 Silver Hawk   αA-βD-εJ-ιQ-ξW (ALL)   PS2
16. Zach Keene                11,464,500 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-ζ?-ι?-ξ?         PSX
17. thesuperkillerxxx          9,597,210 Iron Hawk     αA-γE-ζK-κS            PSX
18. Kaiser                     9,458,540 Gold Condor   αB-γE-ζK-κS            PSX
19. RGC                        8,923,010 Silver Condor αA-??-??-??            PSX
20. icepick                    6,087,010 Iron Condor   αA-βC-δG               PSX
21. Hanuman                    2,776,940 Iron Condor   αB-βC                  PSX
30 Boss Endurance
(PSX Boss Rush mode, all 30 bosses turned on, start with level 1 weapons.)

Code: Select all

#   Name                           Score Rank          Stage
1.  DJ Incompetent            33,960,540 Gold Eagle    ALL 
2.  RadiantAnsel              10,052,670 Silver Eagle  O
3.  Exed Exuna                 9,587,920 Silver Eagle  N 
4.  Zach Keene                 8,058,290 Iron Eagle    ?
5.  zoydo                      3,311,230 Iron Eagle    K 
6.  Kaiser                     5,101,830 Gold Swan     K
7.  Hanuman                    2,844,320 Gold Swan     F 
Last edited by Zach Keene on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:31 am, edited 41 times in total.
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

I'd post my score, but forgive this stupid question... What is 'Rev'?
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Which version you're playing (PS1 or Arcade).
Rob

Post by Rob »

How do you want the path written?
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

My old thread used the same format as my FAQ; something like:

alA - gaE - zeL - kaS - omU'

means you took the "A" branch of zone Alpha, then the "E" branch of Gamma, then "L" branch of Zeta, etc.
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

Thank you for the info, your great FAQ, and for posting this score topic :)

This score is from some months ago, I recorded a 'No lost life' play movie. Not perfect or high-scoring, but the mission was a success :)

This score is also 2 million points lower than it should be, due to my selecting '1 life' on the option menu, instead of leaving it at the default 3. Maybe this score isn't valid then!

Exed Exuna - 16600930 - Silver Hawk - alB/beD/deG/etM/laV - PC (based on the PS1 version)
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Well, I guess that technically violates the "full defaults" rule but I'll go ahead and put it up anyhow. :)

(I'd forgot there was a PC version, heh.)
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

Yay! Finally broke the 20 million point barrier, thanks to default settings, a change in strategy, and the silver orbs being kind to me :)

Exed Exuna - 20005470 - Silver Hawk - alB/beD/deG/etM/laV - PSX (lol... yes, I have both versions)

Not the most point-filled path to take, but it's my favorite for some reason :)

Now to attempt that 30 boss rush battle!
Skyknight

Speaking of the boss rush...

Post by Skyknight »

Shouldn't it be 28? There isn't any attack style difference between the two versions of Lightning Coronatus, or those of Great Thing...
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

You can still turn both forms on, resulting in a total of 30 boss battles.
Skyknight

What I meant was...

Post by Skyknight »

Why make the CHALLENGE 30 bosses? If we can cut down Lightning Coronatus-U, there isn't going to be much question about V...
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

The 2 GT's attack the same, but the 2 Lightning Coronatus' are slightly different, since U starts on the right, and V on the left. Also, I have no trouble fighting L.C. V, but L.C. U gives me major problems due to the mirroring.

Keep them all, I say... makes the scores bigger :)

And my first decent attempt... assuming 1 credit and 3 lives are the set options for this as well?

Exed Exuna - 9587920 - Silver Eagle - Area N

This was the first time I've even tried fighting some bosses of certain areas... Area N Fire Fossil is pure evil... I lost 2 lives fighting him (My other life lost against Absolute Defender L's flame waves). Area N F.F. should truly be a level 5 boss!
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Exed Exuna wrote:And my first decent attempt... assuming 1 credit and 3 lives are the set options for this as well?
Yeah. I also forgot to mention leaving weapons on their weakest setting before starting.
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

My above score did use Normal weapon settings... I actually prefer that over the higher weapon settings, fighting Tripod Sardine with Wave cannon really messes up my strategy.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Well I just got this game recently; so don't laugh at my pretty meagre progress so far.

By the by, I'm on Hard, is that a problem? Everything else is default.

Arcade

6 223 250

Silver Condor; Zone theta

Vs. Boss

4 087 560

Silver Swan; Zone epsilon-I
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Does Hard have more enemies or anything else that would affect scoring? I can't recall.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

btw there is a PC port. plas beautifully. get it at <warez link deleted>
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

I really don't know; I'm afraid of setting it on "Normal," I don't want to risk ruining the game!
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

jeesh. i idn't know that site was taboo.

I know they have popups from hell, but they at least TRY to only put up stuff you can't buy. If they know where to get it, instead of putting in a download link they will say "buy it at (link here)"

Also if a game's copyright owner contacts them and tells them to remove a game, they will.

Believe me, if I knew where people could buy the thing I'd have pointed it out.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

isn't that the really dodgy version which goes too fast at places? :D
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

If you mean "doesn't slow down when the ps1 does" then yes. (laugh) I've never seen anything that looked like a problem to me...
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

Well, I am actually going to post a score to a High Score thread...

thesuperkillerxxx - 9,597,210 - Iron Hawk - alA/gaE/zeK/kaS - PSX

beat my old score by nearly 3 million, helps to beat Absolute Defender for the first time too.
Exed Exuna

Post by Exed Exuna »

If you mean "doesn't slow down when the ps1 does" then yes. (laugh) I've never seen anything that looked like a problem to me...
There are some rare places in the game that speedup the game to what seems to be 3x or 4x the speed! Pray you're not maneuvering through a stream of bullets at the time the speed-up hits!

But I've found that using FRAPS to record a video actually prevents the speed-ups from happening.

Does Hard have more enemies or anything else that would affect scoring? I can't recall.
The only differences between difficulty modes that I've ever noticed is the speed of certain bullet attacks, like Eclipse Eye's triple bullets.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

A temporary score post while I get reacquainted with the last stage and my old strategies.

Icarus - 13,594,880 - Iron Hawk - alA/beC/deG/etM/laU - PSX

Taking the all up route at the moment (and because I want to avoid the left-side-start against Lightning Coronatus). No-missed to the start of Lambda but lost the first life trying to capture the Captain - had to stall as I had no Capture Balls left, and got hit just as a Capture Ball appeared - and the run went to pot after that. Need to redo my route so I have at least one spare Capture Ball once the Lambda Captain appears.

WR for the Lambda route is 31mil, so anything over 20mil is optimal. I'll be taking the high-scoring Omicron route once I get this Lambda no-miss ALL out of the way. ^_-
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

I remember it taking me ages to break 10 millions many years ago :D I used to use the PS1 version but it was just way too slow, but I may have to go back to it now ;)
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Smraedis wrote:I remember it taking me ages to break 10 millions many years ago :D I used to use the PS1 version but it was just way too slow, but I may have to go back to it now ;)
Yeah, the PSX version is plagued by slowdown, but its still very playable. It'll do until I get the PS2 version on Taito Memories 2, at least. ^_^

30 Boss Attack is great fun as well. ^_-

Right now I'm going for a 20mil+ Lambda clear, which won't be too bad provided I ALL the game without dying (around 7mil in end-game bonuses). Lambda is the lowest scoring route though - WR is 31mil - but once I get this out of the way, I'll be taking the Omicron route with Great Thing as the end boss - WR is 56mil there. ^_-
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

I'm sure you'll make the 20m ALL too :)

I know I'd be really impressed if you did a good omicron run, getting to G.T. is the hardest part ;) I used to practice milking him on the boss mode too, and loving the end boss music ^_^
I never had a good omicron run though, but I was happy with my Nu score :)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Smraedis wrote:I'm sure you'll make the 20m ALL too :)
Hopefully. If I had an extra Capture Ball at the start of Lambda I might have, instead of flapping about waiting for one to appear, and subsequently getting killed by the Captain. -_-;;
Smraedis wrote:I know I'd be really impressed if you did a good omicron run, getting to G.T. is the hardest part ;) I used to practice milking him on the boss mode too, and loving the end boss music ^_^
I never had a good omicron run though, but I was happy with my Nu score :)
It's a new route for me to take - I usually go to Lambda (easiest route), Xi or Mu - but since the WR for Omicron is much higher than the other stages it might present more scoring oppurtunities. I definitely know that a large portion of the score is based on milking Great Thing, just like in Darius Gaiden.

I'm very impressed with your Nu 26mil score. I could never take on the Embryon without loads of things going wrong. According to AIVA, the WR for Nu was 37mil, so your score is excellent. ^_^
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Icarus wrote:It's a new route for me to take - I usually go to Lambda (easiest route), Xi or Mu - but since the WR for Omicron is much higher than the other stages it might present more scoring oppurtunities. I definitely know that a large portion of the score is based on milking Great Thing, just like in Darius Gaiden.
Omicron should actually take you some time to learn ;) and a huge amount of the score is from Great Thing, no suprise really :D
Icarus wrote:I'm very impressed with your Nu 26mil score. I could never take on the Embryon without loads of things going wrong. According to AIVA, the WR for Nu was 37mil, so your score is excellent. ^_^
Thank you very much! I just played it for days at that time, not caring if the end boss fight went wrong, I couldn't imrove from that 26m score.
I'm going to play it right now though, and see what I get ^_^
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

umm.. I forgot how hard Theta really is, I think I need to put in some time on this game again.
I think I'll focus on the 11 million on Darius Gaiden first, only been trying about 3 times a day lately.