TRP-STGT Conversation Week 1: Akuu Gallet

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
trap15

Re: TRP-STGT Conversation Week 1: Akuu Gallet

Post by trap15 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09WXMnO9h4

See, Hunter Seeker isn't shit :wink:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

But it still isn't as good as the missiles.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Especially with all the strange route decisions, like going after powerups (at full power) instead of gold medals, ignoring medals, etc. Great achievement nonetheless!
Haha, thanks. I basically ignored medals after stage 3, and once I died there, my playing was a lot more nervous and improvised, with en even heavier emphasis on survival. There's not much of a "second place" for collecting medals, so if you miss even one in a stage, its better to focus on the 2000pt powerups when given a choice. I can get perfect for stages 1&2 so far, but don't really try after that.

This evening pinball outing really cut into my practice... tomorrow I must break 8m, bahhhhhh...
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

I challenge KAI to be my rival for the rest weeks.
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

I realize its a little late, but here is a .143u6 mameplus build with the lagless patches applied. It has savestate support for air gallet and can do autofire etc.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Challenge accepted. Time to play Air Gallet again.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

blackoak wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:Especially with all the strange route decisions, like going after powerups (at full power) instead of gold medals, ignoring medals, etc. Great achievement nonetheless!
Haha, thanks. I basically ignored medals after stage 3, and once I died there, my playing was a lot more nervous and improvised, with en even heavier emphasis on survival. There's not much of a "second place" for collecting medals, so if you miss even one in a stage, its better to focus on the 2000pt powerups when given a choice. I can get perfect for stages 1&2 so far, but don't really try after that.

This evening pinball outing really cut into my practice... tomorrow I must break 8m, bahhhhhh...
I'm not going very far into the game, but I have no problem being very aggressive in going after medals in the first few stages.

And going after powerups (at full power) in the middle of the screen instead of a line of gold (2000 point) powerups about to leave the screen didn't look like a good decision to me (there weren't any enemies onscreen when that happened).

Anyway this sure is some sour grapes on my part, but I think there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Once you get more familiar with the game, then that shouldn't be much problem. I hear you about being nervous - even the piddling stage 1 boss's first salvo (in its final form) still can scare me a bit.
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

Ed Oscuro wrote:Anyway this sure is some sour grapes on my part, but I think there's definitely a lot of room for improvement.
Oh, definitely. I mainly uploaded the run because I wanted to learn about mame recording, and I was asked to. Re: inexplicably avoiding medals, often I did that just to stay on the safe side. Missile allows you a lot of leeway with positioning and all. Once I lost a single life I played super-conservative in hopes of at least getting the 3m extend bonus, but alas, that stupid plane in stage 6...
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

"ENERGY FART!" Image
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Cagar wrote:"ENERGY FART!" Image
You have spoken a truism! - Linus
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Less than 20 hours left to submit scores! Practice up and get those scores in! Next game in under 22 hours!
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Trap, I think I'm going to have to step out. I thought my problem with last STGT was the games but I just don't like the format, and besides I'm really busy with clearing the Touhou games and college prep right now.
hzt

Post by hzt »

I liked this game. I liked it so much I stayed up playing it and woke up a couple of hours past the score submission deadline with my hands still resting on my stick. My arcade stick.

I will try to do better this week.
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

I didn't get to play this much. I lost power for a couple of days and have been busy with kids and school shit. Hopefully I have more time for the new game. This was a pretty good game though that I will have to revisit sometime.