Ge-sen Love, the new triangle Service !!!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mero

Re: Ge-sen Love, the new triangle Service !!!

Post by Mero »

New promo video is up. New info on their site as well.

Looks like the full title is now something like "Arcade Love With Pengo!".

The 'Power Rangers' section seems to have a whack-a-mole element to it now. 4 player simultaneous on all modes by the look of it, and should the mood take you you can rotate the screen as well :? .

Release sounds like it's fairly imminent, if it comes out on the same day as Under Night in-Birth it'll be next Thursday.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

The power rangers section still seems a bit crappy, but 4 player simultaneous Shmups Skill Test and CombatZeal actually do look like fun.
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

Hope they can get a home port out for this, even if it's download-only. Perhaps Qute or G-Rev would be willing to assist with publishing duties.

Or maybe the whole point is that it's ARCADE love.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Some new much longer vids are now up on Youtube. I think it's definitely out anyway.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Any idea what kind of hardware this is running on ?
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Mero

Post by Mero »

Yeah, it's on Sega's ALL.Net P-ras MULTI. Their equivalent of Nesica I think.
rtw

Post by rtw »

Mero wrote:Yeah, it's on Sega's ALL.Net P-ras MULTI. Their equivalent of Nesica I think.
Thanks!
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
VixyNyan

Post by VixyNyan »

Ah, it's good to see the 8-BIT game is still there, with WASi303's music included. Even the song "Eternal Traveler" (永遠のTraveler) is there~ <3

I hope there will be a home port later! It's funny how you can mess around with the other players by flipping their screens around, specially in that Gradius-powerup type mini game. :lol:
Rebecca Loveheart - Love & Snuggles~ <3
[ TrueAchievements | PSN Profile | Youtube | LiveStreaming ]
Giest118: SDOJ is great and the port will also be great.
moh: play games. they're fun.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Honestly... why bother.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I can't seem to find a more relevant thread for this one, but I just ordered the Switch port off Play-Asia and was curious to get some impressions. I'm quite interested in the "gamer age" concept, as self-defeating as that sounds. It was a bit on the pricey side, coming in at $50 US, but it also seems like one of those oddball titles that will only go up so I jumped on it while I could. I should have my copy next week, so I'll post some thoughts when I have it in hand.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Wow, dang, guess I'm flying solo on this one: https://www.play-asia.com/arcade-love-p ... /13/70cqr3

Got my copy today, so I'm jumping in tonight after work. I don't expect much, but it seems like some good party game fun.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

It made me happy to see a Triangle Service thread arisen from the grave this morning. I don't know why but I really love this company. I never bought the home port of Gesen Love, but I've played it quite a few times in the arcades. It's really great if you have others to play with, but played solo I prefer Shmups Skill Test.

Did anyone on here realize Triangle Service has a new game out in arcades for the Sega ALL.Net P-ras MULTI (the ALL.Net 2 basically, it runs DOA6 arcade)? Unfortunately it's not a shmup, it's a brain teaser kind of game called Tapping Skill Test. They obviously have no budget whatsoever at this point, but it makes me happy they are still making games in 2019.

https://apm.sega.jp/ver3/title/tsta/
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Mero

Post by Mero »

Yeah, I remember watching a video some time back. I think there's also a pc version.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

ACSeraph wrote:They obviously have no budget whatsoever at this point, but it makes me happy they are still making games in 2019.
This pretty much sums up my feeling so far. The shmups skill test is pretty neat, and probably the highlight of the pack. I was able to get into some multiplayer Pengo, and we had some laughs, but it's fairly clunky/slow and we pretty quickly jumped back to Killer Queen Black after a few games. Sadly, the Power Rangers-inspired mini-game collection was a hot mess, with poor hit detection and just awful presentation. My girlfriend remarked it looked like, "A fake game you see people playing on a sit-com when they can't get the rights to something real."

I'm definitely not sorry to have it in the collection, but it's unfortunate they are charging so much for it. At $20 or so it'd be a easy recommendation, but it's currently more in the $50+ range, and that's a tough Pengo to swallow.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Does this game have a Bandai Namco copyright on it? Pengo was originally developed by Coreland, a company that later became Banpresto and later absorbed into Bandai Namco. Seishun Scandal/My Hero on the Astro City mini has the copyright.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Jonpachi wrote:I'm definitely not sorry to have it in the collection, but it's unfortunate they are charging so much for it. At $20 or so it'd be a easy recommendation, but it's currently more in the $50+ range, and that's a tough Pengo to swallow.
I'm biased because I love the game and I thought Pengo was hilariously fun to play as a party game with a crowd... but if you don't have a group of people, then yeah, $50 is an especially tough sell, I can understand that. It's still a lot of fun, and CombatZeal is especially good, better than their other Shmups Skill Test games, and I'm glad to have it. Nice to see it got a recent Switch release, too.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Nice to see it got a recent Switch release, too.
The Switch version has the 8-player Pengo mode from the arcade that was missing from the 360 version, too. 360 had a max of four players. It'd make a great party game (if we weren't mid-COVID).

Looks like used copies of the Switch version go for between Y1800 and Y2500, which is a little easier to swallow.