STGT'12 Week 2: V-V

Emuser

Re: STGT'12 Week 2: V-V

Post by Emuser »

You know, Gus does raise a point that has always been on my mind concerning why you are only around for one portion of a given year. I mean it just doesn't really make any sense in my mind, just to me at least.

Personally I love STGs and always have, and when I found out about this place I lurked for a year because I was just too nervous for some reason and never had anything interesting to say. Once Arcade UFO got DFK though, I started posting my scores and meeting people on here especially since last STGT. What I don't get is why you are only here for STGT and then disappear till the next one like Gus says. In my mind if I was able to get such insane scores on things, I'd be here way more often than just 5 weeks of a year because of my obvious interest in the genre.

I want to ask you why though Sikraiken, its so hard to get any how or whys out of you whenever we want to ask you these questions.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Marvarous!

edit: also, sikraiken is usually around most of the time, you just never see him.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Wonderful!
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Any time I haven't been around has been due to personal things. The last time I "wasn't around" for a while before this most recent time was early 2009. So yeah, all the time when STGT isn't going on, just like you said. ;)

I don't really like these forums, but I'll still post occasionally. I like a few posters on here and some of the people IRC. You'll find me discussing things with them more often on IRC. Always have been willing to discuss games with people. I've been in and out of #shmups since early 2003. I've been around "competitive" MAME (MARP) since 2001. I've been losing interest for a while (which has nothing to do with me being around or not, though).

I've already answered questions before. I'm lazy, or I wanted to do things a certain way and it didn't happen, or I don't care anymore.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

sikraiken wrote:I'm lazy, or I wanted to do things a certain way and it didn't happen, or I don't care anymore.
So which one of these happened for the Parodius replay you (seriously) promised 13 months ago?

I mean, just curious. By the way, if you don't want to go through the effort of making a video, just posting the inp file takes literally no effort at all you know.
stanski

Post by stanski »

ResumeDPosition wrote: I want to ask you why though Sikraiken, its so hard to get any how or whys out of you whenever we want to ask you these questions.
After spotting many cheaters (keep in mind many of these people were very very good players but just couldn't stand being second, so they still cheated) on the sonic center I have noticed they all act like Sikraiken does. They'd show a few replays, but not all of them ever, and would be very mysterious about stuff/act like they "didn't care" and that's why they weren't releasing replays. It happened so many times and then someone would figure out a time/score they posted was impossible, or they would eventually feel bad and have a big sobbing post about how sorry they were for lying to everyone through the years and that some of their scores were made up. It was really frustrating for me in a few cases because I was trying to beat records that weren't even humanly possible, tough this did push me to the human limit so i guess that's something.

Its super standard to act like I'm "wasting time complaining" to deflect focus off the fact that I am certain sikraiken makes up scores/uses savestates to pick scores that are "out there but not out of realistic reach if he played a lot." Like I'm sure he's really talented, but his ego/competitive drive is so big that if he doesn't spend a billion hours with a game, he just can't help but savestate score a game, and i am 95% confident of this based on seeing people act exactly like him countless times.

I personally think any time its easy to record a run that it should be done, and in the case of MAME ITS A FUCKING JOKE HOW EASY IT IS TO SAVE REPLAYS! Any excuses Sik gives is just trying to give himself credibility and deflect criticism to me "wasting time" instead of the point that he is flat out is a great player but also a cheat.

Someone who isn't a cheat acts completely differently when accused of cheating. They go to great lengths to explain themselves, are apologetic, immediately post replays (in the case of poker drama bomb threads on twoplustwo.com this is so true as well), and immediately try to clarify the situation. Anyone who chooses not to do this I'm immediately suspicious of cheating, because its just too fucking common that they turn out to be cheaters/in the case of poker lying or stealing money or doing something else shady.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Haha, ok. I don't need to lie. :)

Jaimers: laziness. Daioh only came out because I wanted my teammates to have something since nothing good existed. I like to have inp + video at the same time, bothers me if I can't. Why don't I have someone else do it etc - I want to do it on my own, the way I want it. Varth inp only got released mostly because I knew Gemant was interested in it and he/italy would be all ~falsificare~ if I didn't.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

sikraiken wrote:laziness.
You can still post the inp now if you ditched the whole video thing for it! You can still come back on your earlier promise this way and that would show stanski, right? :)

Also, didn't Nereid volunteer to make you your videos?
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Are shmups forum members the new Italians / AEX falsificare crew?

Do you, sikraiken. Don't listen to doubters or "haters." I know you're talented as fuck, and I've seen your old videos which is saying a lot.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

How can you be so good at a time consuming genre yet too lazy to post a small .inp
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Are shmups forum members the new Italians / AEX falsificare crew?
omg shmupsfarm must be italiens

also french is italiens let's not forget ddp screenshot war
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Its super standard to act like I'm "wasting time complaining" to deflect focus off the fact that I am certain sikraiken makes up scores/uses savestates to pick scores that are "out there but not out of realistic reach if he played a lot." Like I'm sure he's really talented, but his ego/competitive drive is so big that if he doesn't spend a billion hours with a game, he just can't help but savestate score a game, and i am 95% confident of this based on seeing people act exactly like him countless times.
Sikraiken never really posted scores that are too far away from being realistic. He sometimes gets 2nd and if he's first, usually the other scores are rather close behing him most of the time.

The only score I've personally doubted, because it was just too ridiculous, was Daioh. But then again he has released a video for it. I really want to doubt the Daioh replay as well, because it's just too fucking good. It would be more comfortable for my mind, if people weren't so talented. But sikraiken really is. It's depressing sometimes, no need to scream "falsificare", just get over it. I have to do the same. Happens to me everytime I watch japanese superplays.

It's a bit difficult for me to speak up for sikraiken, bacause we're in the same team and all. Maybe it's just a big conspiracy, y'know...
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Plasmo wrote:Happens to me everytime I watch japanese superplays.
Except you can watch these runs instead of seeing a bunch of high numbers along with excuses why you can't show the run to others
Naut

Post by Naut »

SOF-WTN ;_;
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

VTF-INO :(
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I love you, Sikraiken.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Plasmo wrote:Sikraiken never really posted scores that are too far away from being realistic. He sometimes gets 2nd and if he's first, usually the other scores are rather close behing him most of the time.
That V-V score though...
I mean I have no idea where he got that extra 800k from and that is an absolute GIGANTIC amount of extra score in this game.

Any insight sik? Did you find a trick?
stanski

Post by stanski »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Are shmups forum members the new Italians / AEX falsificare crew?

Do you, sikraiken. Don't listen to doubters or "haters." I know you're talented as fuck, and I've seen your old videos which is saying a lot.
I myself stated in my post that he was extremely talented, and that many of the players caught cheating on other forums were also extremely talented. Just because someone is talented doesn't mean they aren't a huge egomaniac who won't accept 2nd place even if they don't have time to put into a game. People cheat all the time that are talented, in fact I don't know a single player caught cheating at the sonic center who wasn't extremely talented and world class at their game.

Plasmo, I think you misread my post because I was saying all his scores were definitely realistic, meaning I am claiming he probably played through on emulator with savestates to make sure the score was possible but didn't actually put a full run together.

I am not calling him out because I think his scores are unrealistic or his gameplay is unrealistic, I've been called out for cheating plenty of times in the speedrunning community (youtard comments are constant calling me TAS/hack/etc.) and you know what I do when that happens? I actually explain to people why they are wrong and how things they thought weren't humanly possible actually are/show them video proof of myself actually pulling stuff off, as other players have done as well (someone who mashes at 17+ presses per second posted mashing video). Sikraiken isn't even doing stuff thats humanly impossible since AFAIK he isn't beating any japanese records, I have no problem with that at all, I have a problem with the fact that replays are an absolute joke to save and he refuses to release them because he's "lazy." Thats just a joke of an excuse. I'm calling him out for lying repeatedly and being completely sketchy when questioned about it.

All he's gotta do to shut me up is release inputs when asked for them when it is extremely easy to record them, I don't see what is unreasonable about that at all. Otherwise he comes off as a huge scumbag when he promises them and then all of the sudden can't produce them. Luckily his score is locked in place and matching it would be pretty hard so if he actually releases something he can insta shut me up :-)
Last edited by stanski on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

He's not sketchy about it, most of the folks in one of the channels he and I are both in constantly joke about his falsificare, and he doesn't act strange :lol:
sikraiken wrote:You guys need to chill out, haha.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
stanski

Post by stanski »

trap15 wrote:He's not sketchy about it, most of the folks in one of the channels he and I are both in constantly joke about his falsificare, and he doesn't act strange :lol:
sikraiken wrote:You guys need to chill out, haha.
He stated he would release an input for this game. He didn't release the input, and players in the competition itself want to see it. How is that not sketchy/acting like a scumbag? Its amazing how trusting you people are, just because he's a good player doesn't mean shit. TSA was the best zelda speedrunner in the entire world for a good 5 years and admitted years later to cheating on one of his runs because he couldn't put as much time into it as he wanted to, this shit happens way too often (and in that case there was even video proof that wasn't caught immediately).

Its worthless posting numbers on a screen, and it just holds the competitive community back when people don't bother posting inputs and really makes the community into a huge joke. One of the many reasons i don't bother with STGT anymore. Do you notice people like prometheus, icarus, plasmo, Rob, etc. always post their inputs/videos? And how much more they contribute to the growth and strength of the community vs. if they just posted random meaningless numbers?
Last edited by stanski on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Yes he did. And I'm sure he will. You have to be patient and chill out. I'm not trusting him for no reason, I know the guy pretty well. :roll:
stanski

Post by stanski »

My main training ally in one of the games I played competitively and talked to nearly every day cheated on some high scores in sonic 2, it means absolutely nothing if you "know someone" really well to truly know their character. Competitive people cheat and do what they can get away with, that is just their nature. Knowing someone really well has nothing to do with the fact that I strongly believe he often savestate-plays through games to get scores. Some games he does legitimately make amazing runs for and he has posted those videos, there should be no reason not to post them all though besides the fact that he is clearly a scumbag cheat.

I will continue to call him out on this, like i have called him out in IRC in the past and in this competition a few years ago, because he's just sketchy about shit and I truly think he's a huge cheater in addition to being a great player. Its easy to prove me wrong though, and I'm not sure why he doesn't do that, besides the fact that "lol'ing" and acting like he doesn't care deflects harm from him since he's well liked in the community etc.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

A MAME .inp by itself doesn't prove authenticity if you really want to doubt someone, so does it really matter for that purpose? Cheating cheaters will cheat, and it's not that hard to get past the hurdle of needing an .inp, especially with unlimited time on your hands as an after-the-fact thing. It's a judgement call really, not something you can decide with a technological solution, and I'm not sure it'd be wise to think an .inp is a 100% sensitive cheater test.

Now .inps for the purpose of seeing strategy or tricks (like that extra score on V-V)... that could be interesting!
stanski

Post by stanski »

Nothing is safe from cheating, even photos of arcade cabs can be photoshopped, direct feed videos cut/compiled to look smooth, etc. but its a hell of a lot better than just posting a number.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

trap15 wrote:Yes he did. And I'm sure he will.
sikraiken wrote: A little over 8hrs, I just learned how to get through the other stages and didn't bother with them besides that, special stage was where I spent most of my time on but it isn't that difficult.

As I said, replay tomorrow (serious)
Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

stanski wrote:Nothing is safe from cheating, even photos of arcade cabs can be photoshopped, direct feed videos cut/compiled to look smooth, etc. but its a hell of a lot better than just posting a number.
Actually I take that back, it's true that an .inp would be handy to examine if there's anything seedy... but it's still mainly a judgement call, and I think most people have solidly made up their minds by now.

We need Change Air Blade, Twinkle Star Sprites, Senko no Ronde and POFV for a funnier tournament :P Or Cotton, Trouble Witches, Deathsmiles and Strike Witches.
Last edited by Aliquantic on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

I'm with stanski on this one and frankly I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of players or spectators that found all of this rather sketchy. If you are seriously so talented that you can pull of near-WR scores in a week then logically you'd have a reason to be proud of those scores and you should be happy to show your runs to people that are eager to watch them. Why wouldn't you want to show them? Either because you cheated or because you're unhappy with them. How in the world could you be unhappy with being #1? It makes very little sense to me. Sikraiken's character is truly sketchy. As stated, his behavior is quite similar to how cheaters usually behave. If your ego is big enough, you could easily tell yourself that submitting a savestate run is OK since it's after all realistically possible to pull off a full run, it just takes so much more dedication. Maybe he's just enjoying the attention. "Lazy" as an excuse doesn't cut it, it's completely illogical considering how hard it is to get high scores in shmups. No matter how talented you are, you have to spend the sufficient amount of time to memorize your route and execute it with near-perfection. If you can do this, then you are not too lazy to post an .inp.

Please show your runs, Sikraiken. A lot of people would like to see them, including other high-level players like Jaimers. If .inps were a requirement for top scores then none of this would even be a problem... I believe there are more people that are doubting his scores and for good reason.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Jaimers wrote:
Plasmo wrote:Sikraiken never really posted scores that are too far away from being realistic. He sometimes gets 2nd and if he's first, usually the other scores are rather close behing him most of the time.
That V-V score though...
I mean I have no idea where he got that extra 800k from and that is an absolute GIGANTIC amount of extra score in this game.

Any insight sik? Did you find a trick?
The WR is 36,8mill. There's still plenty of room. An extra 800k doesn't sound that much.

stanski wrote:I am not calling him out because I think his scores are unrealistic or his gameplay is unrealistic, I've been called out for cheating plenty of times in the speedrunning community (youtard comments are constant calling me TAS/hack/etc.) and you know what I do when that happens? I actually explain to people why they are wrong and how things they thought weren't humanly possible actually are/show them video proof of myself actually pulling stuff off, as other players have done as well (someone who mashes at 17+ presses per second posted mashing video). Sikraiken isn't even doing stuff thats humanly impossible since AFAIK he isn't beating any japanese records, I have no problem with that at all, I have a problem with the fact that replays are an absolute joke to save and he refuses to release them because he's "lazy." Thats just a joke of an excuse. I'm calling him out for lying repeatedly and being completely sketchy when questioned about it.
Ever thought that he maybe doesn't give a damn if people call him a cheater?

He's maybe not satisfied with his replays, so that he doesn't want to release them. They might be #1 STGT scores, but sometimes very far away from the WR. Different people have different expectations.

chum wrote:If you are seriously so talented that you can pull of near-WR scores in a week then logically you'd have a reason to be proud of those scores and you should be happy to show your runs to people that are eager to watch them. Why wouldn't you want to show them?
I'm afraid I have to call you narrow-minded. Just because some people behave different when they get good scores, doesn't mean that they're lying. There are thousands of logical (horrible word, but you started it ;)) reasons not to release your replay after getting a WR score. Some people just don't want to share their runs - Which is a pity! Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to watch some of sikraiken's replays, but I have to accept, that he won't release them. Just because I don't get to watch them, doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Donpachi 84mill+ - What the...!
Batrider 29mill+ - Not humanly possible!
Pink Sweets 20mill+ - No way!

I can't even theoretically think of how these scores could remotely be possible. Should we maybe call them fake aswell? Why are japanese people more trustworthy? Just because they're biologically superior? Is sikraiken half japanese?
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
chum

Post by chum »

But you have to ask yourself why, and when you do it all starts to seem sketchy. As I mentioned, it can't seriously be due to laziness, that's utterly laughable.