Northeast

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
chempop

Re: Northeast

Post by chempop »

It's about 1h30m from me, consider me interested. Saturdays are best for me.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Well then, I'm gonna try and talk to the owner and see if we can get a date for the first ever Northeast shmupmeet.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Brooklyn
man9child

Post by man9child »

Queens, NY.
SolderFace

Post by SolderFace »

I think I counted 3 other people in RI and one in attleboro MA which is pretty close to providence. I'm in the south of RI. almost in CT. attleboro or hartford is the same distance for me. we could get together at button mashers in warwick RI or maybe Dave&Busters in providence. I have never been in D&B. button mashers has 6 LCD's setup for NES, SNES, 64, DC, PS2, 360. then 2 pinball and a MK3 cab. you pay by the hour but you have access to the entire library of games on EVERY CONSOLE. if we ask the owner maybe we can bring more 360's. they charged me $5 an hour but I'm sure we can get a group rate. the place is usually empty.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Anybody in NYC have a candy cab? If so, I am now your best friend and we will drink beer and play whatever you have on it.
noiseredux

Post by noiseredux »

SolderFace wrote:I think I counted 3 other people in RI and one in attleboro MA which is pretty close to providence. I'm in the south of RI. almost in CT. attleboro or hartford is the same distance for me. we could get together at button mashers in warwick RI or maybe Dave&Busters in providence. I have never been in D&B. button mashers has 6 LCD's setup for NES, SNES, 64, DC, PS2, 360. then 2 pinball and a MK3 cab. you pay by the hour but you have access to the entire library of games on EVERY CONSOLE. if we ask the owner maybe we can bring more 360's. they charged me $5 an hour but I'm sure we can get a group rate. the place is usually empty.
never heard of Button Mashers. I'm in MA, about 30 mins from Providence. The Summer is a little busy for me, but maybe come Sept some of us RI and surrounding dudes can organize a meetup. Hell, even some of the CT people could probably make the drive right?
zendor118

Post by zendor118 »

I'm 15 minutes south of boston. When I was a student at boston university, the basement of the GSU had a rec room with a couple billiard tables and raiden fighters along with some other arcade games. I remember putting in many quarters into that game, for billiards, you'd need a student pass, but you didnt for the arcade. D&B recently opened in Braintree as well, it's 18+ unless you're accompanied by an adult.
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

Anything ever come of this? I am in Andover again so I'm pretty close to Framingham.
CDiablo

Post by CDiablo »

Im in Albany NY. I could possibly do NYC or somewhere in CT/MA. I suck at shmups so Id probably just lurk and watch the masters.
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

We could plan a meet-up at the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH...
Octopod

Post by Octopod »

EllertMichael wrote:We could plan a meet-up at the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH...

Never heard of that place before and it is only 20 minutes from me. I'd love to check it out sometime. Oh man, they have Hot Rod. I hope it is the four player table version. *Edit: It is. Cool. This place is about to become my new second home. They have a decent selection of games and everything looks nice, clean and in working order.