RQ: Raiden Fighters Jet stage 30 (4-B)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Twiddle

RQ: Raiden Fighters Jet stage 30 (4-B)

Post by Twiddle »

I don't know what's going on here.

There's no real markers past the two bomb carriers, so there's nothing to memorize, therefore, I catch an invisible bullet when trying to chain the planes without bombs.

On top of that, there seems to be literally no way to dodge the boss pattern after the Garegga bullet trap. So I have a choice here -- die by invisibullets or die by this pattern because I'm out of bombs.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thats the sky stage, right? The one with the ships that rush in from the top and give you Quick Shot bonuses aplenty?

Might want to take a look at this then:

http://www2c.biglobe.ne.jp/~abfuku/raiden/ayjet30f.html

If you are using the Slave, you can just park near the bottom middle of the screen and let the rapidfire wide shot take out everything that appears, only moving to pointblank large planes when they appear. Other ships will have to use a bomb to safely quickshot everything without a fast bullet tagging you.

The Garegga bullet trap - I assume you're talking about the fanwave that has a gap in the middle of it, followed by a spread pattern? The spread I believe is aimed, so if you are alert to it, just tap-move along the screen to avoid it, you should always end up in the gaps as the spread itself is aimed.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Got the planes part down, at least. Now I need to work on stage 45 Image
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
finisherr

Re: GD: Raiden Fighters Jet stage 30 (4-B)

Post by finisherr »

Can't see bullets on this stage. They just blend in with the background and explosions.
azinth

Re: GD: Raiden Fighters Jet stage 30 (4-B)

Post by azinth »

finisherr wrote:Can't see bullets on this stage. They just blend in with the background and explosions.
Learn how to Quickshot all the enemies in the stage so you don't have to worry about seeing bullets. It's the best strategy for both score and survival.

If you're using the Slave, getting there with the spinner or triangle formation will help a lot. Also don't be afraid to use a bomb or two, you get two during the stage.