RQ: Gleylancer stage 5 extend triggers.

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
andsuchisdeath

RQ: Gleylancer stage 5 extend triggers.

Post by andsuchisdeath »

I don't know if this is common knowledge for the few that actually play this game....but during the stage 5 boss, on it's 3rd and last part I locked my twin gun shot on the boss with him being in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

My ship was located on the very bottom toward the left. The boss literally did not move as I was shooting.

After it was destroyed the screen scrolled forward a little and two 1 ups appeared. Whoa.

Edit: I also feel as if I posted this improperly when looking at the other posts in strategy. Someone relieve me of my ignorance.

(Mod edit: changed the title to an RQ. All the prefixes are explained here. -Ghegs)
andsuchisdeath

Re: SD: Gleylancer stage 5 extend triggers.

Post by andsuchisdeath »

The second time I tried this the extends didn't show up. Does anyone know anything about this?
BPzeBanshee

Re: RQ: Gleylancer stage 5 extend triggers.

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Think this happened to me once and I was just like "WTF?" but couldn't replicate it myself. I'm sure there's a trick of some sort to getting it.
beblesia

Re: RQ: Gleylancer stage 5 extend triggers.

Post by beblesia »

It seems to me that for the 2 extends to appear, you just have to wait until the stage scrolls far enough. If i destroy the boss as soon as possible, the stage ends without the 1ups appearing. If i wait a bit while fighting the boss, they usually appear.

Also, in the stage with the red/orange cloud background, there's a hidden 1up after the first part with the "grey metallic things" that open/close the green gates. Shoot to the right of the last topmost "grey metallic thing".