3 Pin UK PSU for NTSC-SNES??

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lettuce

3 Pin UK PSU for NTSC-SNES??

Post by lettuce »

Anyone know where i can get hold of a UK 3 Pin PSU that fits the NTSC-US SNES, as the PAL PSU's dont fit the NTSC consoles?
-SD-

Re: 3 Pin UK PSU for NTSC-SNES??

Post by -SD- »

Try Maplin. My local store had quite an impressive range of PSUs available when I went to get one for the Framemeister.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Any ideas what size socket is need for the NTSC console, i know its larger than the PAL console. Not sure about using Maplin, they'll probably charge £20 for a standard 10v adaptor lol
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

"With UK 3 pin plug. 230V AC input. Specifically for use with a American NTSC Super Nintendo consoles imported into the UK. Has the special large plug to fit US consoles."
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.
Damn! Should have bombed.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

stuntman wrote:http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

"With UK 3 pin plug. 230V AC input. Specifically for use with a American NTSC Super Nintendo consoles imported into the UK. Has the special large plug to fit US consoles."

yeah i came across that site the other day. Order one and it turned up today, its actually a Atari Jaguar PSU, with the 'Jaguar' blacked out with marker pen (WTF??) Did the official Jaguar adaptor have the same socket fitting as the US SNES or have they just chopped the wire and added the correct socket??
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

I have a couple of those Jaguar PSUs for use with MegaDrive 1 and PCE. As you suspect, the plug was probaly replaced for the bigger SNES (US) one. I've always had reliable service from there, so I'd trust that he's tested this solution.
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.
Damn! Should have bombed.
fagin

Post by fagin »

Is this a different connector than the JAP SNES, as I have always used a MD PSU with that, since the day I bought it nearly 20yrs ago.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

lettuce wrote:
stuntman wrote:http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

yeah i came across that site the other day. Order one and it turned up today, its actually a Atari Jaguar PSU, with the 'Jaguar' blacked out with marker pen (WTF??) Did the official Jaguar adaptor have the same socket fitting as the US SNES or have they just chopped the wire and added the correct socket??
When I first bought a USA NTSC region Atari Jaguar, I was surprised to see that the A/C adapter was the same make and model like that of the earlier released Sega Genesis 1 A/C adapter (if you bought a Sega Genesis 1 at retail back in 1989). On a whim, I used the Atari Jag A/C adapter on the Genesis 1 console and it worked like a charm.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~