Next Tokyo Meet - TBA 2017

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Animaitor

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - ??/??/201?

Post by Animaitor »

Hey Shou, thanks for the show :) Impressive set up and collection you got at your place. Next time, I want it all cleaned up and organized :P
brentsg wrote:rancor can bring kit-kats.. :mrgreen:
He almost made it but didn't show up at the end. I brought chocolates from Spain, not as exotic as his tik-taks but tasty.
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
rancor

Post by rancor »

yeah - sorry about that. I got home from work late, took care of the baby for a while and thought "I'll just lay down here for a few minutes before I ca.... ZZZZZZZZ" Three hours later I woke up and it was 10pm.. :cry:

Hopefully we can meet up again next time. Shous place is a blast, huh?
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

No worries, man! My fault for not trying to meet you guys earlier on my trip. Hopefully next year I can come again.

Shous place is paradise. He just needs to get SDOJ though. Maybe you can bring yours to his place and convince him to buy it :wink:
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
mdl

Post by mdl »

Damn it, I don't watch this thread for a moment and an impromptu meet happens. Oh well! I should make whatever happens next...
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

rancor wrote:Hey Dudes!

I just bought SDOJ today for my cab. It should be here between the 23rd and 25th.. Whats everyone think about having a meeting sometime after that, and we can watch NTSC-J run it into the ground...? :twisted: I'm free every Friday and Saturday.
Keep forgetting to check this forum...but yea, I'm down. Saturdays are better for me, generally.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

Plans changed so I'm in town through July as my visa and passport gets updated. I can host or may be interested in going to Ebisen (it's around Ekota right? there's a good Israeli restaurant around there)
become history
rancor

Post by rancor »

Sounds great! So, starting for July can we narrow down these dates? All are Fridays and Saturdays.

Any of those days are good for me. I only put those up because I'm off to the US on the 19th, and I don't want you guys meeting up without me!

That Israeli restaurant sounds awesome. I'm totally up for that.
mdl

Post by mdl »

Sounds like someone's going to miss out one way or another. I'm leaving today, and back on July 18.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Looking at Ebisen's lineup, I have all of the shooters except Death Smile MBL and DDP Daifukkatsu 1.5. Don't think any of us are going there for the puzzlers so I'd go more for the food than playing lol
become history
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

Hi all, just got the heads up on this fine gathering! I will be in Tokyo in July. Would you mind an extra guest with his wife in tow? ;)

Edit: should mention 13, 14 or 15 are good here. I'm doing tourist stuff then heading to Dubai after so won't be in Japan the following weekend.

Would be great to meet you all anyway. :)

EDIT 2: Looking at my schedule, I will be out of Tokyo city on the 13th so the 14th or 15th would be the only days really as I leave the 19th for Dubai.
--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

rancor wrote:Sounds great! So, starting for July can we narrow down these dates? All are Fridays and Saturdays.

Any of those days are good for me. I only put those up because I'm off to the US on the 19th, and I don't want you guys meeting up without me!

That Israeli restaurant sounds awesome. I'm totally up for that.
Unfortunately, those are the only two weekends in the foreseeable future that I'm busy, so count me out this time.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Shou wrote:Looking at Ebisen's lineup, I have all of the shooters except Death Smile MBL and DDP Daifukkatsu 1.5. Don't think any of us are going there for the puzzlers so I'd go more for the food than playing lol
You might find one or two fighting games for your own pleasure... or maybe non. Block Out and Tetris are taking over Ebisen! :lol: At least is a 50yen each game, SDOJ included.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Hello guys !
Posting in this thread because I will be in Tokyo from July 28 to August 29, and I would love to meet you Japan-residing shmuppers ! I will be posting again closer to my arrival, but I hope we can hit an arcade together and hang out. Can't wait to see what the hell those arcades are really like lol >.<

Really excited to finally visit Japan!!
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Shou

Post by Shou »

I'm now unavailable for all of July except for maybe the final weekend.
become history
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Deexor (top Akai Katana player) is coming to Tokyo this weekend and I'm gonna take him to Ebisen on Saturday night. Waiting on confirm from him but I've suggested meeting at 5 p.m. at south entrance of Ekoda station. Israeli food + shooter heaven, if you're down hit me up. I'll be playing DFK as always.

Prometheus, let's hit up Ebi-sen while you're here. I'll have them put in a Dodonpachi and/or DOJ board for you to shred and show them your skills.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

adversity1
yup sounds great ! Really want to meet all of you guys who are in Tokyo. Would be fun trying to play DDP/DOJ in a Japanese arcade. I can be pretty inconsistent playing with sticks cause I only play with them at meets a very few times a year but sometimes I pull a good run anyway. If I could possibly meet any Japanese players who are great at DDP/DOJ or even some other game that would be super awesome too but I have no idea if they hang aroung anymore or if they're willing to talk to foreigners or anything lol.
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

There's a guy that plays at HEY on Sundays who gets 2.6 billion+ in DOJ BL on a regular basis who you might be interested in watching/meeting, but that place is so loud, it's a bit difficult to have a conversation.

Of course there's also SOF-WTN who frequents Ebisen...
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Omg SOF-WTN awesome. I want to meet that guy if I can.
That other DOJ guy at HEY would be interesting to watch too, definitely.
Will you be around in Tokyo at that time too NTSC-J ? Would be cool to meet you.
Follow me on Twitch??
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Prometheus, you should straight up get a hotel near Ebisen and just grind there for a month. ;) You can rent PCBs for 600 yen for a couple hours.

Anyways, I could meet you on August 4th. Everything before that I'll be hammered at work.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Omg SOF-WTN awesome. I want to meet that guy if I can.
That other DOJ guy at HEY would be interesting to watch too, definitely.
Will you be around in Tokyo at that time too NTSC-J ? Would be cool to meet you.
I'll be out of town from the 2nd through the 15th of August, but I'll be free the rest of the time you'll be here so I'm sure we'll be able to hit up the arcades together. I don't know what your travel schedule is like, but I could meet you around the end of July if you'd like a tour of some of the nerdy hot spots.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

adversity1 wrote:Prometheus, you should straight up get a hotel near Ebisen and just grind there for a month. ;) You can rent PCBs for 600 yen for a couple hours.

Anyways, I could meet you on August 4th. Everything before that I'll be hammered at work.
Well I'm not gonna spend the whole month in arcades, this is my first time in Japan man ! Trying to get a DDP 2-ALL in a Japanese arcade would be a fun challenge though, but I really don't know how much time it would take.
Anyway August 4th at Ebisen sounds great !
NTSC-J wrote:I'll be out of town from the 2nd through the 15th of August, but I'll be free the rest of the time you'll be here so I'm sure we'll be able to hit up the arcades together. I don't know what your travel schedule is like, but I could meet you around the end of July if you'd like a tour of some of the nerdy hot spots.
Very cool, definitely up for a tour of some nerdy Tokyo hot spots indeed ! I guess I'll need 1 or 2 days to find my bearings but July 30th or 31st should work no problem.
Follow me on Twitch??
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Prometheus, we have a change in plans for August 4th ;)

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 19&start=0

Let me know if you want to go so I can get you a ticket in advance. Any other Tokyo shooter folks should mob out as well!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

That sounds like something I shouldn't miss. Do you know how much the tickets and transportation would be ?
Follow me on Twitch??
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Yo, tickets are 4500 yen for one day, 7500 yen for both. It's a bit steep but not surprising for an event like this in Japan.

Transportation is about 1600 yen one way depending on where you leave from.

There is a nearby campground that people can stay at apparently but it costs money, not sure how much that will be but maybe 2000 a night?

In that case,

MAX
2 days
7500 yen entrance fee
3200 yen transportation
2000 yen campground fee

12700 yen

MINIMAL (one day only)
4500 yen one day fee
3200 yen transportation

7700 yen

I'll probably be doing the two day course.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

That's pretty steep yeah but I think I'd be down to go there for one day. It would be stupid to miss it.
Follow me on Twitch??
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Ok man, looking forward to it. We'll have to get some arcade time in before or after that.

Tried picking up tickets today but looks like they're not on sale yet. Will keep checking.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Damn, I should have planed my trip one month later. Enjoy guys!
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I should check this out too!
Will be in Tokyo from the 26th to the 7th of August.
Would've loved some kind of regular meetup too.
Ebisen/HEY etc.

BTW, has anybody got some kind of recommendation for a cheap place to stay?
Preferably as central as possible.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Eaglet wrote:BTW, has anybody got some kind of recommendation for a cheap place to stay?
Preferably as central as possible.
definitely http://www.couchsurfing.org (it's free and much better than any hotel)
Follow me on Twitch??
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Hey folks, anyone else heading out to Game Summer Festival 2012?

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42019

If so you should get your tickets sooner than later, Tougeki tickets tend to sell out.

Eaglet let me know if you need me to get you a ticket and for which days if so. I could do an Ebisen meetup on the 28th or 29th?