ESPGaluda (Arcade and Arrange)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
javel

Re: ESPGaluda (Arcade and Arrange)

Post by javel »

Been working a bit on my Tateha score. I think I can beat shuppons 46 mil at least, this run had several instances of bad timing and only three lives and a half barrier for the end bonus.

Javel - 43,644,020 - ALL - Tateha

The jewel counter bug in mame is quite annoying.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

I know it's not really in the realm of competitive, but I was super psyched to break 10M

Matskat

Post by Matskat »

MaTsKaT - Ageha - Stage 5-1 - 18,830,670 PCB

So, I'm getting close to the end.

What kind of bonuses are awarded after TLB?

I can't see myself with my current route squeezing more than 4+ million points out of Stage 5...I'm just trying to survive. :)
IF...and it's a BIG IF...but if I can take down the last boss what kind of additional score would I be looking at?

It seems to me, based on existing scores, that the eng-game bonuses could more than double your score going in....am I right?

I can feel the 1cc coming...It'll be my first....ugh....the pressure :p
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

I think you get 1 million points per life container, 0.5 million points per life remaining, and between 0 and 1.6 million points depending on how much barrier you have left. There's also some bonus points for gold, something like 1000 points per gold.

So for example, if you beat the game on your last life with 5 life containers and no barrier you'll get around 3.5 million bonus I think. It tops out at around 11 million if you can beat it without dying and with a full barrier gauge.
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

Sadface :(

It appears that my scores just suck in the grand scheme of things :)

Looks like I need to work on scoring stage 1 and 4.....

Think my TIP TOP stage 1 score is 2.5 million....I know there's opportunities for gold missed...
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Been at it off and on for over a damned month (to be fair, mostly off, and save states weren't working for me until a week ago [thanks again, Udderdude]) and I'm finally done. Shitscore and I don't care. I just wanted to 1cc this with 35mil and be done with it. Mission fucking accomplished. The fact that so many people consider this to be one of the easiest CAVE clears and it took me this long concerns me!

Ransom - 36,007,410 - ALL - Ageha
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

CaptainRansom wrote:Been at it off and on for over a damned month (to be fair, mostly off, and save states weren't working for me until a week ago [thanks again, Udderdude]) and I'm finally done. Shitscore and I don't care. I just wanted to 1cc this with 35mil and be done with it. Mission fucking accomplished. The fact that so many people consider this to be one of the easiest CAVE clears and it took me this long concerns me!

Ransom - 36,007,410 - ALL - Ageha
Not a shit score. Well done.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BKR - 18,051,240 - 5-2 (second last phase of final boss ;_;) - Ageha

I had a couple embarrassing deaths (stage 3 and stage 4, both incredibly stupid and unnecessary). Am I correct in assuming a large amount of the points comes from keeping your gold counter up at 1000 in the middle of stages?

Edit: Up to 23 mil now, still getting held back by stupid deaths. When I wasn't so worried about score I could actually no-miss to stage 5, lol.
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

Yeah, survival is very important in Galuda 1 (which is why my 1cc where I died on stages 3 and 4 had a lower score than my not-beating-the game run where I was fine up to stage 5). Dying costs half your gold counter, which at max crashes the value per ingot from 900 to 400 (before multiplier). Extra lives (and life "containers") also factor heavily into the endgame bonus if you get that far. Also, your overmode rank resets, which causes you to get a lot fewer gems. If you don't know what that means, read the ST for this game, but basically spending time in overmode makes the red bullets go faster, but also makes enemies spawn more gems when they die. Generally this is mostly done at the stage 1 boss (second form) since you can "milk" it (by doing nothing) for as long as you need without giving up potential point sources like you would on the stages. There's a couple places in the game where you can bring it back up without losing huge point sources or making things really hard for yourself (i.e. certain boss attacks don't get much harder in overmode because it incurs enough slowdown to mostly cancel out the speed increase) but the easier way to look at it is, don't die.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Spoiler
I know the score is not very good but here is my 1st Galuda 1cc.
:oops:

Akraten - 22,048,230 - All - Ageha
Last edited by AKRATEN on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonK

Post by TonK »

AKRATEN wrote:Image

Congrats man. The 1CC still eludes me.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Ugh, finally nabbed that 1cc. Cranked overmode to up max level at the end of stage 1 for the extra gems. Scoring wasn't particularly good in Stage 4 and it went pretty much to hell in Stage 5 since I'd autobombed a few times. On the other hand, I was happy to have no-missed up to the second Seseri fight with Overmode level maxed out, rank certainly goes up a bit.

Definitely got to hunt down a copy of the PS2 version for the arrange as well, looks like tons of fun.

Final boss fight went terrible, ended with one life out of 6 boxes. Must improve. ;_;

BKR - 27,952,410 - ALL - Tateha (MAME)
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats AKRATEN and Roo!
Definitely got to hunt down a copy of the PS2 version for the arrange as well, looks like tons of fun.
Arrange is fun, and twice as difficult! :twisted:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

chempop wrote:Congrats AKRATEN and Roo!
+1, great job guys!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Thanks! :o
That last part of the boss was so tuff!
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

AKRATEN, this is such a great accomplishment. You can do whatever you put your mind to! I played today inspired by my Nanio Shooting Teammate's 1cc and I got to the "alarm" sound of Jakou's last form but didn't quite pull it off. I'll keep trying for the sake of the team!!!
AKRATEN wrote:Image

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Thanks for the encouragement. Improved my score today (still finished with only one life, 6 boxes left but had a full bomb meter and better stage scores). Especially happy that I managed to milk the heck out of the Alice section in 5-2, although I'd gotten hit once so my multiplier was crap. :/

BKR - 30,399,770 - ALL - Tateha

Am I the only one who finds the very last attack (where the final boss absorbs your bombs) not particularly difficult? I have a much easier time seeing the openings and getting through them compared to the final boss's other attacks (I consistently have to bomb it or screw up when it pulls out its big glowy wings). Guess I just don't have enough experience dealing with the earlier attacks.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

I'm so happy to follow AKRATEN having 1cc'd Espgaluda. Your advice really helped man!!! It is so much fun to try and try and then 1cc the same game with your friends. Nanio Shooting Team represent!

Frenetic - 20,651,960 - All - Ageha

I want to also add on how happy I am to have 1cc'd Espgaluda before Mushimesama HD comes out. Then I can concentrate on that game. Gosh, it FEELS SO GOOD to 1cc!

Cheers,
--the F-man
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Grats on the clear, it's certainly tough to get used to beating Jakou's final form without having bombs or kakusei as backup damage.

Why does everyone seem to favor Ageha for their first time clearing the game? I can understand his pinpoint shot being more accurate for score (and I do like him since he's like DDP's B-Type), but Tateha seems to be easier to go for a 1cc. I switched to her when I found her normal mode laser was actually doing a bit more damage than normal mode Ageha's laser (sounds crazy, I know), and her kakusei mode shot is pretty darn powerful if you can get close (the world record is apparently held by a Tateha player so she can't be bad for score either).

I wish I could get my gold up to 900 in stage 1 like Icarus' replay does. Just can't seem to replicate those techniques yet. Still, I'm thinking with the clear bonus if I learn to actually survive some of the final attacks I might be able to get a 40+ mil score.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Frenetic wrote:
Frenetic - 20,651,960 - All - Ageha

Congrats Frenetic!
hiryu999

Post by hiryu999 »

Mi first post in here...

Hiryu999 - 11,880,880 - Stage 4 - Tateha

Not very much but i'm learning it!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

hiryu999 wrote:Not very much but i'm learning it!
Keep at it, you'll clear it eventually. It's one of the easier CAVE games to do so if you're just aiming to beat it, I found most of my improvements came from making sure I actually bombed more instead of risking it and getting hit.

BKR - 30,560,130 - ALL - Ageha

Beat the game with 2 hearts, 6 boxes. Stage scores kinda sucked, I still can't seem to get to the Alice section of 5-2 without getting hit stupidly beforehand. Although I'm getting good enough that I can take 5-1 Seseri down without getting hit and using either 1/2 bomb or ~200 kakusei on the second phase.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

After taking the time to understand some of the game's mechanics better I am enjoying it a lot more.

endoKarb - 14,789,360 - 4 - Tateha

I don't think it'll be long before I beat this score, but I wanted to post it anyway because I hadn't been improving at all for quite a while.

Oh, and hello everybody. My first post here. 8)

EDIT: I knew it was coming:

endoKarb - 16,328,190 - 5-1 - Tateha
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."
friedrich

Post by friedrich »

Finally managed to beat this game. My first Cave game 1CC :D

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BKR - 32,354,040 - ALL - Ageha (4/6 Lives, Full Bomb)

Stupid death near the end of the Alice segment (half a bomb gauge left, oops) and a silly one at the very last attack (had enough kakusei to dodge through a tight wave, didn't use it, derp). Otherwise I was quite pleased with how the run went, the first time I'd no-missed up to 5-2 and got to Alices with 900+ counter, although I seem to be having trouble hitting 40 mil. :/
GIA

Post by GIA »

GIA - 23,071,290 - ALL - Ageha (1/5 Lives, Full bomb)

Nothing to write home about, but I felt proud as this is the first Cave game I've 1CC'd. Overconfidence and sloppy play on non-dangerous parts is what cost me. Still, it feels good.

Also, this is my first post!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Great first post, imo.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Arrange

CSF - 277,624,055 - 5-2 - Black

pic

First time seeing 5-2; I no missed Seseri which was amazing. Should have easily gotten the extend, but I wasn't able to take advantage of most of the opportunities in 5-2. Some of that last boss's attacks are absurd... if I want to clear, I'll have to work on conserving enough lives to have lots of barrier to throw around. I'm considering getting an emulator and save stating to practice the end.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

RNG - 33,488,430 - ALL - Ageha

Perfected the last pattern with a friend watching. Otherwise unremarkable - I hope to improve on this come STGT.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Amazing Arrange score CStarFlare! Such a difficult mode, mad props to anyone who even makes it to 5-2.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc