Great Mahou Daisakusen (Dimahoo)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
dunpeal2064

Re: Dimahoo/Great Mahou Daisakusen [Arcade]

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I would pay you for a superplay, especially using Solo-Bang.

Are there any good written guides to this? Or yuotube SPs? I'm trying to learn as I go, and at this rate, I might break 10m ... in 10 years. :lol:
chempop

Post by chempop »

Dunpeal, are you as sick to your stomach as I am seeing 80+mil score?
I'll do a victory dance when I hit 10mil, I've hit 6.5 on my best.
Then again, I'm trying to figure it all out without replays, it's not helping, I've cave in soon.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Gus

Post by Gus »

Figuring out what's going on in Clover's blurry replays is half the challenge. :lol:
CulDad78

Post by CulDad78 »

How long did it take you to hit 6.5 chem? I'm 6 days in and slow but steady progress, but only 2.2 mil.
chempop

Post by chempop »

1-2 months of on and off play. I like typically rotate what I'm playing every week to keep things fresh.

Regularly completing one item set on the first stage has really helped. On a good run I have X3 by the second boss, and then it's just mayhem up until stage 5 boss (if I'm lucky enough to get there).

Have fun man, it's a doozy! :twisted:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

In what order do you go for items Chem? I've been trying to aim for axes, which I can usually finish on stage 2, but then I am usually missing something from Food/Shoes. If I could complete 3 lists, I think I could just survive and get a half-decent score.

I will be jumping up and down when I clear 5mil. :lol:
CulDad78

Post by CulDad78 »

I'm using the same strategy now, go for axes and food / shoes usually take care of themselves by middle of stage 2. If I could manage to get axes/accessories/food/shoes all in the same run, and early on, I see my score improving exponentially.

Learning the stage 2 midboss bonus trick has helped nicely.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Yeah, that Stage 2 midboss is a pretty easy trick to pull off I think.

Also, on stage 3, as you are approaching the ship with tons of tanks, you can bomb and get a Dragonfly I think?

those treasure chests are dicks with those suicide bullets, but they give such good items that I can't NOT charge shot em.

Such a noob at this game.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Well I hit +6mil a couple times tonight, usually ending my credit right before or at Infernon (stage 5 boss).

I start my run with a charged lvl 8 and get th pinwheel, then I do a lvl 7, then 6, then 5, and usually get food out I the way by the first boss, sometimes shoes as well (I think). I struggling g to consistently get the fairy wings and ruby before accidentally killing him.

Once you guys are getting 4 or 5 sets you are in for a ride in stage 5... REMEMBER TO SEAL BIG GROUND ENEMIES
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Finally got a score I feel is worth posting, although its far from what Zeron has accomplished :lol:

Dunpeal2064 - 3,928,380 - Stage 4 - Karte - 71

That Stage 4 boss just creams me.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Awesome! Once you start hittin the second extend (5mil) you'll be feeling alot better!

Also, the Spider boss isn't really that tuff, which attack is a problem?

I'm finally getting the hang of Infernon, also pulling more fairies off of bosses, although the gems are a royal pita.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Its just my inexperience, only fought fim twice now. In that run I was on my last life and the blue lazers did me in.

Starting to have a more organized approach to this, which is helping a lot.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Once you know all of his attacks very little he does becomes a threat. I had trouble with him at first but now he's a non issue 90% of the time. Are you going for Fairies and Gems on the bosses? I haven't yet on 3rd and 4th. I'm also playing fully powered now, the extra damage more than makes up for the rank increase I believe. Most of the rank comes from items I think.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I can only get the fairy/gem on the 1st boss, and occasionally I can get the gem from the 2nd.

I actually didn't know that power added to rank, I thought it was just items, so I've been goin full power this whole time.

I do need to look up stage 4s secret item too. I only know of the Pinwheel, Legend Sword, and Dragonfly (bosses aside)
chempop

Post by chempop »

Pretty bummed how this run went, all 5 deaths were in random spots that usually don't give me any trouble. That's what happens though when you have high multiplier going on and precious shiny things to collect... This could have easy been my first 10mil run if I kept my cool :evil:

chempop - 8,190,530 - Stage 5 - Karte - 76
CulDad78

Post by CulDad78 »

A damn fine score chem, damn fine.

I'm still hovering in the 3mil range - just can't seem to put it altogether. Been awhile since i've played a game such equal parts frustrating and satisfying.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Been awhile since i've played a game such equal parts frustrating and satisfying.
QFT, that's Raizing for ya! Don't let it get to you, it's took me a long while just to start seeing the second extend. At one point, stage 3 boss seemed impossible, he still messes me up from time to time - I've only got the gem from his once or twice!

This is a slow game to learn, I highly suggest playing a handful of runs without any item collecting, just to learn stages 1-4 - anticipation is THE KEY for success, and memorizing certain elemental waves is necessary for survival. Also, learning the bosses at low rank pays off BIG, the attacks are usually the same, just a lot slower, great for practicing!
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Damn, nice one chempop.

I had a decent run going earlier, but I just could not complete sets.

60 items and 1 set :(
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Been working on this for a couple weeks now. Finally made it to the boss rush, where I promptly died to Busturtle-R trying to charge up for the kill.

Zerst - 19.613.920 - Stage 6 - Golden - 96

Played on the Euro version, if that matters.
Edit: Zerst - 9.304.340 - Stage 5 - Birthday - 86
Edit 2: Zerst - 19.811.840 - Stage 6 - Birthday - 96
Edit 3: Zerst - 25.870.180 - Stage 6 - Golden - 99 /// Replay here - http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dimahoo
Last edited by Zerst on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Impressive! A few weeks you say? That's nuts!

Its cool to see someone using Golden too!

I think Dimahoo will go back in the cab today, my ass is healed after the last raping.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Wasn't going for score at all, so no new best...but I got the 1cc finally.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
Chirpy13

Post by Chirpy13 »

Last edited by Chirpy13 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Wow, congrats Zerst!!!

I'm dying to know how many westerners have cleared it, not many, that's for damn sure.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I am very happy right now! Been hovering around 9.5mil for a while dying at Infernon if I even get that far... Somehow I just broke 10mil before even starting stage 5, then I crushed Infernon getting his Fairy while I was at it!

Chempop - 14,053,520 - Stage 6 - Karte - 86 - PCB
chempop

Post by chempop »

Oh man, somehow got 4 sets by the beginning of stage 2, and missed out on virtually every special item I usually have no problem getting... Had a X9 multiplier going through stage 6... This would have been a huge run for me but I blew it. At lease I made it to the colosseum for the first time (and promptly died for no good reason). Ended with 12.5mil so no high score, still, progress is progress.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Damn chempop! You are a beast!

4 sets at stage 2? Nuts.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

I'm assuming you got food, shoes, accessory, and finished axe early in st2? I'm starting to really think about optimal routes. At this point, i'm almost thinking going for complete sets in st1 may be a mistake. Instead, making sure to get armor+shields off the tank and dragons, while still getting some axe and shoes along the way may be the way to go.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I think that's correct Zerst. I usually only get food and shoes in St1, then Ax at the beginning of St2.
Interesting idea about going for the other items first!

At this point I'm considering switching characters, because I know those later bosses are going to be difficult with Karte.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

After messing around a bunch as all the characters besides solo-bang, I can say with almost 100% confidence that Chitta and Gain are the worst and second worst in the game. Slow charge time, low shot power, and charge shots that leave too quickly (Gain) or stick around too long, barely shooting (Chitta). Birthday is actually quite usable in comparison, with her fast charge, and high damage charge shot.

I didn't take down my exact scores yet, because I know I can easily do better on a couple of them, but here's a breakdown of around what I've got:
Golden - 26.9m
Grimlen - 20.Xm
Birthday - 19.6m
Miyamoto - 18.5m
Karte - 17.4m
Gain - 8.5m
Chitta - 6.Xm

I've been saving all my mame inps. I have my bests for all but chitta (and of course solo-bang, whom I haven't tried yet). I also have ones for my first 1cc (7m) and a more recent clear on a scoring attempt with real rank (23m with golden). Will upload them somewhere at some point.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Any tips on how to survive Infernon with Grimlen? That one attack where the center fires aimed shots non-stop at you always get me.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.