RQ: Zen-Ichi Game & Scoring System

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
SAM

RQ: Zen-Ichi Game & Scoring System

Post by SAM »

Any one could explain the Game and Scoring System of this game?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
MASTER SATAN

Post by MASTER SATAN »

i have zen ichi. if you're thinking of getting it you wont be dissapointed. some parts of zen-ichi are manic. i have tried many, many times but cannot pass the 5th stage. the game will make your scalp tingle at times from the intense gameplay.
SAM

Post by SAM »

I have the game (Full version), I just don't understand it's game and scoring system.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

Random bump wtf.

Blue gems restore life.

Multipliers (may be wrong, I just stuck some random numbers in)
x1 for 0-50% life
x2 for 50-75%
x4 75-87.5%
x8 87.5%-100%
x16 during fever

Fever charged and replaces bomb when both life bars full.
Shield active when 1 life bar full.

+rate for quickshotting large enemies
+rate for destroying parts (stage 1 boss guns + drones, stage 2 gun platforms etc.)
+1 rate for finishing fever
+1 rate for charging bomb bar
Bomb bar is charged by collecting purple gems during fever. Used to recharge bombs.
No bomb penalty for having 0 bombs in stock (points are deducted constantly).
Killing enemies fast may spawn bonus enemies. Up to 5 huge jets can spawn at the beginning of stage 2.
Minor life bar + bomb bar charge for buzzing.
There's a rank system, but it doesn't seem worthwhile to control it.
Not sure what fever levels do, but they max at 10.

End of stage bonus = stage * 100,000 * remaining lives * bonus rate.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
daliscar

Re: RQ: Zen-Ichi Game & Scoring System

Post by daliscar »

Rise up! This is such a great game though all sorts of graphics issues with Windows 7 so I have to fiddle around with compatibility settings, and isn't there supposed to be a Zen Ichi 2 coming as well.
Anyway, what determines the Bonus Rate which is displayed on mid-left screen and acts as an end of stage multiplier?
LtC

Post by LtC »

daliscar wrote:Rise up! This is such a great game though all sorts of graphics issues with Windows 7 so I have to fiddle around with compatibility settings, and isn't there supposed to be a Zen Ichi 2 coming as well.
Anyway, what determines the Bonus Rate which is displayed on mid-left screen and acts as an end of stage multiplier?
I'm quite sure your question was already answered by shoe-sama. I think there were also penalties to the bonus rate like getting hit and/or dying. I'm also almost certain the rank is strictly tied into the number of lives you have left.
daliscar

Post by daliscar »

LtC wrote: I'm quite sure your question was already answered by shoe-sama. I think there were also penalties to the bonus rate like getting hit and/or dying. I'm also almost certain the rank is strictly tied into the number of lives you have left.
Muy bad! I just reread his post and saw all the "+1 rate" info so thanks for pointing that out :oops:

Isn't this a great game though?
LtC

Post by LtC »

daliscar wrote:Isn't this a great game though?
It's surprising how little attention this ever got on the forums. The game is very solid and it takes everything that's good about Raiden Fighters and mixes up with cave style bullet hell.

I don't think it ever even had a scoreboard on the Hi scores section. I don't know if it's just because the game isn't very well known or because of the graphic issues.

Haven't heard of Zen Ichi 2 but I remember reading a while back that a HD re-release was supposed to be released at comiket but I never heard anything about it.
daliscar

Post by daliscar »

OK so more questions-is there a high scores list saved anywhere in the game apart from the top fighters screens after game over. I can't see a rankings menu anywhere.
Also how do I exit the game so my high scores are saved on screen? I use escape key and my replays are saved as are the top fighters results but the high score display on the game screen resets to 1000000 when I restart.