RQ: Cave high scoring videos

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Fu

RQ: Cave high scoring videos

Post by Fu »

I'm looking for high scores videos on Original, Maniac and Ultra. There is a video uploaded by Sapz on youtube on youtube, but I have no idea where the top scores gets 150 million points more.
Last edited by Fu on Sun May 06, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illyrian

Re: RQ: Mushihimesama Futari 1.5

Post by Illyrian »

Here is a run 4 million less than the world record.

1.5 original mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ7Yw9s ... ature=plcp
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Illyrian wrote:Here is a run 4 million less than the world record.

1.5 original mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ7Yw9s ... ature=plcp
wow, what an amazing run. After watching that I think I could actually improve my score (217M-1CC) by just trying a few things.

Does anybody know if the world records for a lot of CAVE games have been significantly improved since all the 360 ports came out? I would expect them to since there's practice modes.
Last edited by burgerkingdiamond on Thu May 03, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Ultra has been counterstopped at least twice on the 360 leaderboards, with the best replay attaining it shortly after the stage 5 midboss—a LOT earlier than the first public counterstop by Dame K.K. I'd estimate that at least a hundred million more would be earned with an uncapped counter.

No progress on 1.5 Original and Maniac as far as I know, but BL records have enjoyed quite some progress the last two years.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yeah, Ultra is pretty much the shining example of a mode that didn't much play in the arcades but has taken on a new life with the port. Sucks Cave never fixed the counterstop as I doubt Dame K.K. would still be listed as the world record holder after seeing what guys like CHUBOW have done in the mode.
Fu

Re: RQ: Cave high scoring videos

Post by Fu »

I edited the thread's title. Now I'm looking for high scoring videos of Ketsui. The highest I have is 507M with Type B by ZAP. Highest with Type A is the one from the official DVD. I don't have the Xbox 360 so I don't know how high the scores are. Does anyone know where we can find some higher scores ?
Gus

Post by Gus »

I think those are the best available. Last I checked the best one on the leaderboards is "only" 470m.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

There's a 512 million Type A run on the Death Label DVD. (don't know if you meant this one of the Second Apocalypse DVD; Death Label is higher)
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Fu

Post by Fu »

I'm working on Ketsui's stage 5. I'm recording videos since the first day I'm practicing on it. Would anyone be interested in watching them? I have a few questions about some enemies I can't overcome. It's only my 2/3rd day on it and I can see progress I do, but there's a particular enemy that you need to kill very fast otherwise it seems to lead to a death/bomb.
This thread could turn in a WIP on Ketsui, but I don't want to bother people on the strategy board and will start it only if people are interested.

My idea was to do a montage over these days and edit annotations about my remarks and questions. This video can last from 5 to 20+ minutes. I only use save states of course.
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

Something I'd appreciate if anyone can help me out with it is a good/decent A-Power replay for DFK (1.5). I only have the EU version right now and there's...not much to see. I have no idea what might be on the JP leaderboards but even just something with decent scoring on first loop would be really nice. All I've been able to find on youtube and nico are Sapz' no-boost-no-hyper run (which is pretty sweet, just not what I'm looking for) and a very conservative Hibachi run.