Cloudphobia

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
gs68

Cloudphobia

Post by gs68 »

Cloudphobia is a PC doujin horizontal shmup developed by Marsbound, well-known for its "don't let enemies escape the screen" mechanic.

The official website, including a download for a 2-stage trial and a digital download of the full version for the low, low price of 840 JPY, is here.

Entry format:
MODE - WEAPON
NAME - SCORE - STAGE - TIME (if ALL Clear)
Rules:
- The current version is Release No.38 (May 21, 2010). Please make sure you are playing with this version.
- If you have an exceptionally high score (enough to topple the online leaderboards), I expect you to submit a replay (cloudphobia\Replay\[something].cpr). Otherwise, your score may not be accepted.
- I am taking entries for all weapon-sequence combinations. If the weapon-sequence combinaton you used does not appear, it's because there's no entries yet. So long as there's at least entry for a particular combination I will put up a table.
- I will also be doing a time leaderboard! That is, once we get some ALL clears on the tables.

SEQUENCE: NORMAL - Rifle

Code: Select all

RANK    NAME                    SCORE       STAGE
=================================================
   1    gs68                    39628600      4
shmuppyLove

Re: Cloudphobia

Post by shmuppyLove »

Presentation is very nice, the style and graphics and sound are very cool. And hey, who doesn't like giant robots?

The 'tower defense' mechanic seems very cheap though ... I don't like that there's a penalty for missing enemies. Shouldn't it just be about not scoring as well / chaining / comboing?