[GD] 1-sissy Progear No Arashi, high time I cleared it !

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Hydeux

[GD] 1-sissy Progear No Arashi, high time I cleared it !

Post by Hydeux »

As I explained earlier, I with some friends created "1-sissy" for our French site Shmup'em All. They're videos explaining how to clear easily a game, far away from the superplay videos we're used to !. We got more than 40 by now !

I've dubbed some in -rather poor- English :
Mushihimesama Futari BL
Karous
Gradius Rebirth
EspGaluda II Black Label
DDP DaiFukkatsu 1.5
Under Defeat
EsGaluda

And this time it's for Progear No Arashi !
Note that I'm not the player for this one (can't see anything on Progear or on Akai Katana, so I'm just the one talking gibberish...), the run has been played by Trizealbis, one of our great French player.
I must also mention Baboulinet, another great French player, who encoded the video.
You'll find the video here (down the page) : http://shmupemall.com/?page_id=2844

Hope this may help some of you !
(And if you're interested : you'll find there all our other 1-sissies, but dubbed in French.)
STG

Re: [GD] 1-sissy Progear No Arashi, high time I cleared it !

Post by STG »

Hydeux wrote: And this time it's for Progear No Arashi !
Note that I'm not the player for this one (can't see anything on Progear or on Akai Katana, so I'm just the one talking gibberish...), the run has been played by Trizealbis, one of our great French player.
I must also mention Baboulinet, another great French player, who encoded the video.
You'll find the video here (down the page) : http://shmupemall.com/?page_id=2844

Hope this may help some of you !
(And if you're interested : you'll find there all our other 1-sissies, but dubbed in French.)
Nice video, really enjoyed it! Good use of bombs too, as many of the patterns they were used on can get quickly overwhelming for the player IMO.
BulletMagnet

Re: [GD] 1-sissy Progear No Arashi, high time I cleared it !

Post by BulletMagnet »

Whew, quite the imposing candidate this time around!

Great stuff once again, though I would be interested to hear (unless you did discuss it and I just missed it) why the player chose the pilot/gunner combination he did...I would guess that Bolt's speed and Rivet's homing projectiles made it easiest to escape all those tight spots you mentioned?