RQ:Mushihimesama Button Config

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mjclark
Banned User

RQ:Mushihimesama Button Config

Post by mjclark »

So listen up all you Mushihimesama adepts- have you got your head round this counter banking thing (where child counter is added to parent counter when options stop firing) and what button config do you use to achieve it? I'm playing it on PS2 and it's absolutely doing my fucking head in trying to switch firing modes. If I'm using auto shot I can just tap rapid auto to switch off the option lasers and bank the child counter, but I wanna use normal shot to focus the lasers and get slow speed but then tapping rapid auto doesn't work and I have to completely switch buttons then switch back again- and there's nothing onscreen apart from dull numbers to show you if and what you've banked. Help!
Someone on another thread suggested not bothering about counter banking cos it was so fucking fiddly and annoying, so either just play Original mode which has almost no mechanics at all or play Maniac/Ultra for survival not score.
This is such a pretty gameand lots of fun but I wanna hear from someone who's got this counter banking down please :D
Aquas

Re: RQ:Mushihimesama Button Config

Post by Aquas »

I played Maniac Mode with a PS2 pad and I'll tell you how I did it:

Set FULL AUTO to R1. Shot to Square.

Should be manageable.

You need to watch a replay for some of the proper timings for properly milking midbosses and such.

I liked studying MACO's replays on youtube. But kind of poor quality videos.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro