5 minute - 1,205,200
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Update like a mofo:
Soldier Blade 2 MINUTES:
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Recca Time Attack - 4:02:26

I don't think breaking 4min is possible, unless maybe I could kill that first boss faster.
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

It is possible to break 4:00.00, if you can get 1M well before the second boss. I saw a claim of 3:47.xx, supposedly recorded on VHS, on some JP shop site once. And one time I did get about 975k by the 4:00.00 mark with enough missed items/enemies to account for the remainder (FCE Ultra, 60Hz, I assume the timing is about right). I'm not about to try it again any time soon though.
"Can they really get inside my head?"
"As long as you keep an open mind."
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

shiftace wrote:It is possible to break 4:00.00, if you can get 1M well before the second boss. I saw a claim of 3:47.xx, supposedly recorded on VHS, on some JP shop site once. And one time I did get about 975k by the 4:00.00 mark with enough missed items/enemies to account for the remainder (FCE Ultra, 60Hz, I assume the timing is about right). I'm not about to try it again any time soon though.
Wait, what determines when the time attack ends? Your score? A few times I went past the second boss, so I thought maybe you had to just have a certain score by the time you got to him.
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

Earlier in the thread...
Ghegs wrote:The idea of Time Attack is to reach a pre-determined amount of points in the shortest time possible. 5:00:00 is the "deadline", if you can't collect the necessary points by that time you've failed.
The goal is 1 million in Recca. The second boss is worth 200,000, so it will usually push you over that threshold. Unfortunately, there's a gigantic difficulty jump from having 800k+ by the second boss, in which case you win by killing it, and having 1M+ before the second boss to finish any faster. If you want to try it, good luck.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Let's welcome a new visitor in the Caravan family: Star Soldier PSP. (only if Ghegs would add this to the list. :()
This one has 3 ships to use: A.Caesar [main ship], Enigma, and Rijndael

2 Minute Mode: 374370 - ship used: Rijndael
EDIT: 594830 - A.Caesar
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

SFKhoa wrote:Let's welcome a new visitor in the Caravan family: Star Soldier PSP. (only if Ghegs would add this to the list. :()
It's more than welcome, hopefully it'll bring some heated competition to the thread.

And like I've said a few times already, I'll add ANY shmup with a caravan mode IF somebody posts a score for it. I won't add the games just for placeholding's sake. So if somebody has a wicked Gunhed Caravan or GC/PS2 Star Soldier 2-min score they want to share, just post it. It will be added without a doubt.

On a semi-related note, I'll try and work the score post into a more compact form later today. Getting crowded in there.

EDIT: And done. Hopefully it displays properly for everyone.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

The new setup is sexy.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

agreed, very nice work indeed. thanks ghegs, and hopefully when i get my duo set up again, i'll be spending more time with soldier blade. there are so many scoring opportunities i'm missing...
I have no sig whatsoever.
Redfield1

Post by Redfield1 »

My first post on the forum. :)
My name is Samuel, from France and i'm 28 years old.
I'm interested in video games since my 10th birthday when i had a Atari VCS with one of the first shmup, Space Invaders! :wink:
Since, i have played on about every system except computers. I never have handle with mouse/keyboard gameplay.... :lol:
My favorites system are PC-Engine (I'm moderator on major French speaking forum) and arcade. I own an Aero City cab.

http://membres.lycos.fr/ilovemypcengine ... Soukyu.JPG

(Mod edit: changed embedded image to a link -Ghegs)

So, my Caravan High-Scores.

Final Soldier - 2 minutes mode:

Super Star Soldier - 2 minutes mode:

... Redfield1 ...
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Star Force: (SNES Caravan Shooting Collection)

Cowboy-NOA - 759,700 - Area X
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

eek, i just scored copies of Final Soldier, and Super Star Soldier so i will be able to submit for those in a few days. and again thanks ghegs for being a bastion of caravan. ^_^
Redfield1

Post by Redfield1 »

1 324 200 Pts for 5 minutes mode of Super Star Soldier

... Redfield1 ...
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

man every time i get a new caravan game, i feel compelled to thank ghegs...

anyway, just received Super Star Soldier, and Final Soldier, so submissions will be forthcoming.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Star Soldier Vanishing Earth (N64)

2min mode:
Cowboy-NOA - 25,255,780

5min mode:
Cowboy-NOA - 121,822,518
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
it290

Post by it290 »

Super Star Soldier

2 minute mode:

it290 - 471,800

I've been trying to milk a few more points out of it, but that damn Turbo pad makes my hand hurt like a bastard. Time to get a joystick rigged up or something.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
caincan

Post by caincan »

? i figured there was a huge video somewhere for ps2 star soldier on 2mn mode, ( it's so hard to believe that namco ps1 arcade stick is not supported :roll: ) analog controllers are shame to play

i'm only at 150300 on it :cry: dunno if it"s good or not, i cant find anything related on google or forum

and 287590 on pce 2mn mode of Gunhed (rom emulated)

Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Recca Score Attack

434 434

Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Recca Score Attack

461 774

Ceph

Post by Ceph »

I improved my score slightly:
Recca Score Attack 463,099

I'd really like to know how you (Ghegs and Shiftace) got more than 500,000 - I collected every bonus item and destroyed pretty much every enemy for the above score...
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Ceph wrote:I'd really like to know how you (Ghegs and Shiftace) got more than 500,000 - I collected every bonus item and destroyed pretty much every enemy for the above score...
I'm sure you've read the section 4.3's "Recommended scoring strategy" in shiftace's Recca ST. That's pretty much it. But it took me many, many, MANY tries. Timing is everything here, and it's very harsh.

I should be able to do decent video capture now and I plan to do one on Recca in the near future. It'll take me a while to get back into the groove though, it's been ages since I got my 512k.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

I'll mention that for weapons, I used V+F for Score Attack and L+F for Time Attack. There is one thing I wonder about score attack. Is it better to fight the boss as quickly as possible, to get a few extra enemy waves and a useless 1Up, or to just eat the boss' bullet spirals and kill it at the last moment? You have adjustable speed, and I think you can stick the charge right over the spiral's origin, so you can get a few thousand points per attack. You could probably use C pods to do some damage, too. On the other hand, it would be about 10 times as hard as the usual approach...
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Interesting, for my best results I collected the first V (because then you have a level-2 weapon right from the start) and switched to L as soon as possible and upgraded it to level 3 with the next powerup.

My mistake may be that I kept the shot button constantly pressed instead of pushing it repeatadly when shooting, that probably explains a few thousand missing points.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Final Soldier 5 min Game

PlasmaBlooD 1,846,400
ahnslaught

Post by ahnslaught »

Whew! Just getting into Spriggan:

Spriggan score attack (2 min)

ahnslaught 454,650

Will have to work on time attack soon...
Ben...

Post by Ben... »

Hi! :)

Seirei Senshi Spriggan
2mn Score Attack : 961,730

Ben...

Post by Ben... »

Star Parodia
Score Attack 2min
Ben... 644240 (Paro Ceaser)

PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »