Triggerheart Exelica (new thread)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
nZero

Re: Triggerheart Exelica (new thread)

Post by nZero »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:Are the 360 and DC/ARC version scores comparable?

I know that the 360 version doesn't have the multiplier under the item count which I think is the weight if I remember correctly, but I see the 360 version still credits a weight bonus at the end of the round. Let's forget the 133M at the end of the round and talk about the 1.13M after the intro. I can only get about 300K copying what he does... I assume there is a reason? (other than "you suck noob")
They're not really comprable. The overall scoring potential of a full run is roughly the same but the actual system is changed so the methods are different and so are the sectional scores. If you'd like to open a thread or reply to one of the existing THE threads in the Strategy section, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions in detail when I have the time.
DrTrouserPlank wrote:Still can't get the Feintear 3rd level fight. Managed to get the final boss form in practice once and died trying to copy what I'd seen in above superplay. I'm sure I managed it on the DC before.
Bosses behave differently in the 360/PS2 version compared to the DC/ARC versions, mostly noticable on the St.2 and St.4 bosses, but I don't remember it having an effect on how to approach the 3rd boss fight.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

God I am such an arsehole! I always mess up in the most ridiculous spots. Personal best stages 1 and 2 gave the the extend by the end of stage 2. Wanked 2 lives away on the third stage and didn't even get far through stage 4. There's a "free" 10M at least for making it to the part with all the blocks that shoot.

Xbox360
DTP - Stage 4 - 69756181 - Exelica - Off
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Umm, nZero, how come you added S.P's. scores when you said yourself that its not accepted due to him not playing on defaults, shouldn't it be removed? Or is this an exception of some sorts.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
nZero

Post by nZero »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Umm, nZero, how come you added S.P's. scores when you said yourself that its not accepted due to him not playing on defaults, shouldn't it be removed? Or is this an exception of some sorts.
I didn't add the score(s?) where he admitted using the wrong settings but I never took down the scores he submitted from before then. That's all.
Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Not sure if this is still possibly going to be updated. It has been a long time apparantly
Due to the low volume of scores (and a sufficiently high post count :P) I usually just stealth update. The last edited date from 2009 is an artifact from the forum being upgraded to phpbb3.
Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

DC - Arcade
SIK-07 - Stage 5 - 126,900,501 - Exelica - ON

old score but I wanna get back into this, how does scoring work in Arcade mode?
Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

DC - Arcade
SIK-07 - ALL - 174,135,699 - Exelica - ON
http://twitpic.com/7zuvhu

getting the hang of scoring now, still can't get the 1st extend in stage 1 though.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Sik-07 wrote:how does scoring work in Arcade mode?
I wrote a basic description of scoring while describing the differences between the game modes in the Dreamcast version. It's still heavy on the boss milking to reach 300M and up but the focus is on holding a high multiplier rather than strictly medal count.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Small improvement after not having played for a few weeks.

XBox 360 Live Arcade
DTP - Stage 3 - 68,332,346 - Crueltear - OFF

Activated Feintear on stage 3 and died, got my achievement for what that's worth but probably would have scored more if I'd avoided her.

Edit: I see that I don't even have a Crueltear score registered here. I thought this was a new highscore for me overall but it's not :(
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Massive improvement should be coming. Had 44M after stage 1 (not too sure how) and about 64M at end of stage 2.... made a real mess of it after that.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

XBox 360 Live Arcade
DTP - Stage 3 - 80,492,381 - Crueltear - OFF

2 lives lost to Feintear again. Need to get a strategy and then the 100M will come for sure.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

I'm going to post this here because it relates to score more than anything else.

Is there a bug in the 360 version of this game? I've noticed that the second boss' bonus counter starts to run down before he can be hit. This may or may not be fine as I've not noticed whether this happens on other bosses, but I have also definitely had it where the counter doesn't start to fall until he becomes hittable. At first I thought that it was to do with killing all 5 pieces of the pre-bpss on level 2, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Maybe, unless its a bug or just purely intentional, bosses from stages 2 and 4 suffer from the score problem, this only happens on the 360 port while the Arcade/DC port doesn't seem to suffer from it (since it counts down when the boss starts to attack), IDK about the PS2 version, since I really don't know about that.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Finally got my 100M.

XBox 360 Live Arcade
DTP - Stage 4 - 107,757,097 - Crueltear - OFF
nZero

Post by nZero »

Congratulations :D Updated.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Decided to pick this game up again.

XBox 360 Live Arcade - Crueltear
SuperSoaker360 - ALL - 141,822,192 - Crueltear - ON

I should really look around to see how people are netting these crazy 200,000,000+ scores.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:I should really look around to see how people are netting these crazy 200,000,000+ scores.
Lots of practice, not getting hit, expert use of the anchor/medal/point system, and so on. Also, I am one of them that also went up to 400 Mil. (Normal Dif. for both characters.) But if you go to the game's online leaderboards once in a while, check out the gamertag LSE RevC, and this guy has insane scores, you'll see. (It's like its his/her pastime to get better at it, alot.)
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
SuperSoaker360 wrote:I should really look around to see how people are netting these crazy 200,000,000+ scores.
Lots of practice, not getting hit, expert use of the anchor/medal/point system, and so on. Also, I am one of them that also went up to 400 Mil. (Normal Dif. for both characters.) But if you go to the game's online leaderboards once in a while, check out the gamertag LSE RevC, and this guy has insane scores, you'll see. (It's like its his/her pastime to get better at it, alot.)
He's still setting 700-800M scores weekly If I recall correctly. It's a shame that THE on XBLA has no replay features.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Yeah, would be real nice to see how they score so high, and one time, there was a user that went up to 900 Mil. (on Exelica/Normal) but that score is gone, because for some odd reason, if you don't play Triggerheart for a certain amount of time (probably long), your scores on the leaderboards just get wiped for no reason. Which I find weird...
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Yeah, would be real nice to see how they score so high, and one time, there was a user that went up to 900 Mil. (on Exelica/Normal) but that score is gone, because for some odd reason, if you don't play Triggerheart for a certain amount of time (probably long), your scores on the leaderboards just get wiped for no reason. Which I find weird...
Yeah, nZero says that they are wiped one year after being posted.

LSE RevC just posted a new highscore for Exelica this week; Around the 840M mark I think.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

XBox 360 Live Arcade
DTP - Stage 4 - 138,048,022 - Crueltear - OFF

Complete fluke.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I never could play with Autoswing Off cause I found it too hard to control. It's definitely the best way to score though, and it looks like you'll beat my score even without a 1cc. With a 1cc or even 1 life clear, you could probably end up with over 200 million.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:I never could play with Autoswing Off cause I found it too hard to control. It's definitely the best way to score though, and it looks like you'll beat my score even without a 1cc. With a 1cc or even 1 life clear, you could probably end up with over 200 million.
You're probably right.

With a decent run through stage 4 (that newest score was a bad run with 2 deaths in the "swingy" section of stage 4) I think I'd be getting 160-170M by the time I beat the stage 4 boss because his bonuses are usually reasonably large thanks to you having loads of fragments once you reach him.
Kagami HiME

Post by Kagami HiME »

XBox 360 Live Arcade
Kagami HiME - Stage 3 - 48,476,041 - Exelica - ON
Kagami HiME - Stage 3 - 68,762,665 - Crueltear - ON

Just started playing this again from about a half year ago. Still need to work on Stage 3 Faintear. Ah well, at least I got Stage 1 Faintear down (though I definitely could try to gank more medals off her instead of going straight for the kill).
Always be attitude for gains!
Twitter: Kagami_VM
XBL: Kagami VM
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

It took 5 years of lurking but I'm finally ready to get more involved in this whole shmupping thing. Self introduction can be found in the Gamer Handles thread.

Anyhow lets start by resurrecting Triggerheart Exelica from the dead!

Ill try to keep updating my scores as they get better, and I'd love it if some other people would like to get back into this game. Anyhow because I love this game way too much, I'll post a score for every version:

Arcade version (Club Sega Akihabara)

ACS - Stage 4 - 57,322,348 - Exelica - Off

Dreamcast Arcade Mode

ACSeraph - Stage 4 - 71,992,175 - Exelica - Off

Xbox 360 Arcade Mode

ACSeraph - Stage 5 - 73,695,474 - Exelica - Off

PS2 Arcade Mode

ACSeraph - Stage 5 - 106,790,831 - Exelica - Off

I'm coming for you 1cc! Wait for it!
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
nZero

Post by nZero »

Updated. Since this thread is back, I'll try to remember to convert the list into the new table format after I get back from my trip next week.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

It's not a huge improvement over my other score, but It has been one of my dreams to earn the true ending of this game. I've finally done it, and even if the score is so-so, I'm proud of it:

PS2 Arcade Mode

ACSeraph - ALL - 111,729,099 - Exelica - Off
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Finally got my 1cc on the 360 version, quite a bit more difficult than the PS2 one, but things went more or less according to plan and I managed to keep my shit together and farm medals off the final boss for a solid score. Got me 17th place on the Leaderboards, so I'm proud of it:

ACSeraph - ALL - 138,453,064 - Exelica - Off
TLB

Post by TLB »

Congratulations! I've been thinking about picking this game up on 360 lately. If I like it I might get the DC version.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Thanks! You should definitely do it. It's a really fun difficult shmup with thick patterns to navigate, but it never feels cheap there's always a way out of everything. I also like that unlike a lot of the Cave stuff Exelica has a lot of flexibility with regards to surviving stuff. In Cave it seems like you always needs to know exactly where to be and what to be doing to survive, so extremely detailed memorization is necessary. In Exelica you still need memorization and a solid plan, but it is also much easier to dodge patterns on reaction so your memorization doesn't have to be perfectly detailed (To survive at least). The anchor system that lets you catch and throw enemies feels amazing too. I would suggest you learn to play with auto-swing off, because nothing feels better than swinging an enemy yourself and lobbing it into its friends. It gives you more flexibility too, so it's well worth the extra effort.

PS2 and 360 versions are mostly the same aside from slowdown (PS2 version is Excelica: Baywatch) and an additional character. I'm working on the DC version 1cc right now though and it is a bit different actually. The pattern speeds are occasionally different which leads to some evasive techniques I used on the 360 version not working in the DC one, and slowdown also feels quite different from 360. Some patterns seem a lot easier on DC, and some seem harder. It's great though and it has a badass arrange mode that feels sort of like a Cave Black Label. It wants to see you bleed.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Hey, thanks! I'll let you know how I like it :D