Next Tokyo Meet - TBA 2017

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
rancor

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - 17/12/2011

Post by rancor »

Helluva meet - Thanks dudes. Special thanks to Shou for once again hosting our mess. Hope we didn't require too much cleanup time since you were sick.
I realized on the ride home that I didn't play a single game the entire 5 hours I was there, but I still had a blast just meeting everyone and talking shit about all the people on this board. hahhaa :mrgreen: I'm not sure, but I don't think NTSC-J played anything either.

Let's do it again real soon! Hopefully we can bring in another out-of-towner next time as well! so far we've had:

greg
CHI
burgerkingdiamond

Who else is coming to Tokyo in the next few months?
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - ??/??/201?

Post by Shou »

Thanks for coming over guys. Apologies for the mess in the room and being so sick, I actually slept most of the day yesterday and probably going to go home from work early today.

Gun Ball is pretty good, isn't it? I'll be taking it up to Try soon for others to have a go at it. Just loaned out Thunder Dragon 2 to Natsugame Museum for the soundtrack release this week.

By next time, I should have the setup all streamlined.
become history
LSU

Post by LSU »

I'll be in Tokyo from March 3rd to the 8th, if anyone would be interested in meeting up for an evening..?
Shou

Post by Shou »

I'll probably be out of town for business during that weekend but could meet up one night after work.
become history
LSU

Post by LSU »

A weeknight evening would work fine for me. :)
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Hello everyone! I'll be visiting friends and family in Tokyo between May 17th until June 15th. Is anyone up for a shmup session? I know some of you but I'm afraid I didn't have a chance to meet the rest. We could spend some time at a game center or an evening at Shou's would be lovely if he doesn't mind. Either way, let's start planning!
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
Shou

Post by Shou »

I don't know my schedule yet but I'm sure we can set something up.

Also, my retro setup is dismantled at the moment as I am reorganizing the massive amount of wiring to make it cleaner and putting in a new speaker setup.
become history
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Shou wrote:I don't know my schedule yet but I'm sure we can set something up.
Hey Shou! That sounds great but no pressure man :) We still have plenty of time to decide the date and place. If your setup is not ready we can go somewhere else. Do you guys have any preferences regarding game centers? Since adversity1 took me to Game in Ebisen, it became my favorite place. A little small but quiet, smoke free and cheap. What's your choice?
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
Shou

Post by Shou »

I'm flexible as long as it's not too far away so Mikado, Hey, Try, etc are fine.
become history
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Game in Ebisen is not too far from Shinjuku. Take Seibu Ikebukuro line and exit at Ekoda sta. south gate (I think it was the third stop if you leave from Ikebukuro). 2 minutes walking distance from the station. Made this a while ago for a friend:

But whatever you guys feel more comfortable with. I don't mind going anywhere really. Mikado and Try might be less crowded?
mdl

Post by mdl »

After years of waffling, I finally made the move to Tokyo about two months ago, and soon would be a good time for a meet or two, what with SDOJ having just been released. :) I might be gone during June, but I'd be back by July.

I can go anywhere, but Hey and Mikado are my favorite spots if we're going to an arcade, though I'm up for new places as well.
cyprien

Post by cyprien »

I also just made the move out here in the middle of last month. My wife and I moved out to Fukaya in Saitama. Meeting up with some English speaking shmuppers would be awesome.
What are We, candy corn?
rancor

Post by rancor »

Lets do this shit! It's Golden Week!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So lets start talking about dates. I'm free all of Golden Week.. (married life is...)
But once business starts back up its strictly Fri. and Sat. for me.
We should hit up the third floor of that newly remodeled Sega arcade in Akihabara. All STGs, and not a soul there since no one knows about it yet. I was there last weekend and had an SDOJ cab all to myself. They have 3, along with most anything else we'd want to play. (sorry, no Guwange for GP)

Anyone else up for it?
cyprien

Post by cyprien »

Unfortunately, we still don't have the net setup at the house so I'm just now checking in.

I'm headed to Odaiba tomorrow to see the Gundam stuff that's there then headed to Yokohama for a friends birthday party.

The following weekend will probably be alright but it's hard to say for sure just yet as I'm working remotely for my company back in the US and my hours are all over the place right now.
What are We, candy corn?
mdl

Post by mdl »

This weekend works for me (especially Saturday), but that only makes two so far.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Would love to join you but I won't be in Tokyo until the 18th.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Back in Tokyo now and have put back together 95% of my retro room setup. Found some retro PC hardware has gone bad though so those will be out of action in some capacity if people want to hold session at my place.
become history
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

We should do another meet soon. I'm all for it! Been having an itchy trigger finger lately and my console games aren't cutting it
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Already in town. Shou or game center sounds great to me. After this weekend I can meet you guys pretty much anytime and since I'm the one on vacation I have a much flexible schedule :mrgreen:
Shou

Post by Shou »

I'm out of town again from Sunday night.
become history
mdl

Post by mdl »

Gone from 5-29 to 5-31, but back until 6-19, then gone from then until 7-??. :)
rancor

Post by rancor »

Hey Dudes!

I just bought SDOJ today for my cab. It should be here between the 23rd and 25th.. Whats everyone think about having a meeting sometime after that, and we can watch NTSC-J run it into the ground...? :twisted: I'm free every Friday and Saturday.
Shou

Post by Shou »

I'll pretty much be out of town until the 2nd week of July from next week...
become history
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Well, it seems I won't be meeting some of you for the time being. I really wanted to see Shou's place. Maybe next time? :)
Shou

Post by Shou »

Come by this weekend? Please buy something :)
become history
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Ok, tomorrow evening then. Anyone else wants to join? What time is good for you by the way. Show me what you have for sale tomorrow :) Just need your address. PM me whenever you can, please.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Doing a special session for our special guest from Spain tomorrow night from 19:00 at my place. All are welcome to join if you want. PM me to RSVP and get directions.
become history
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Very kind of you, sir! :mrgreen:
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

rancor can bring kit-kats.. :mrgreen:
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Shou

Post by Shou »

Any quick requests on boards? I've got 3 AV7000s now so potentially we can have 3 setups going simultaneously; 2 are horizontal, 1 is vertical.

The place is a bit of a mess from me hosting a VF session earlier, being out of town for awhile and just me being a slob. :)

Actually, I'm cleaning out stuff to sell so bring your wallets lol
become history