RQ: Ketsui 3rd boss.... help please!!!!

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
crackfox

RQ: Ketsui 3rd boss.... help please!!!!

Post by crackfox »

This boss is giving me a large head ache...
I have beaten it a few times but very luckily..
Does anyone have any good tips on how to handle this boss?
Thanks, CF.
Ketsui..... Never has constant death been so much fun!!!!
Subterranean Sun

Re: RQ: Ketsui 3rd boss.... help please!!!!

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Well, I strongly recommend that you make a save state and practice him a few times. Although he might be a big problem at first, this battle will be much more manageable once you are familiar with his attacks.

Attack-specific tips:
First form:
First pattern: Not much to say here. If you have problem with it, do some practice. If you still can't get through it consistently, you might want think about bombing this pattern.
Second pattern: This shouldn't be too hard. The third wave can be easily dodged by performing a large movement.
Third pattern: If you can dodge the first pattern, you can dodge this.
Fourth pattern: Not much to say here either.

Second form:
If you are using Pazer Jager, you should know that your regular shot actually deal more damage in this form. You can kill it fast using this trick.
First pattern: Don't stay at the bottom of screen, otherwise you will find yourself trapped at the worst time. Dodge around the centre of screen and you should be fine.
Second pattern: Switch to shot for faster movement.
Third pattern: This one is easier than it seems. If you can dodge one wave of bullets by staying in one spot, you can dodge all of them in that spot.
Forth pattern: Again, easier than it seems. Stay right before the boss's face, and when he fire out the blue orbs, move down. This should make it very easy to dodge.

Third form:
This one is pathetic. Stay adjacent to the stream of blue orbs. That's all. The red orbs can't actually hit you this way. Crazy, but it works. I don't know either.
crackfox

Post by crackfox »

Thanks for the great explanation...
I will try it out...
Ketsui..... Never has constant death been so much fun!!!!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Large sweeping lateral moves really opens up a lot of gaps in the patterns. Works for just about every pattern, except the last pattern.

When he tosses those fast blocks of walls at you, let off of the laser and go around em (especially if you choose the faster ship). Otherwise, put on some glasses and go through the tiny gaps in the walls.

On the last pattern, hug the blue bullets (sort of as a reference point to be) while you look at the pink bullets to make sure you don't run into any. In any case, as the line of blue bullets moves, stay close to it and you basically won't get hit.