Xeno Fighters EX & R (new thread)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
BPzeBanshee

Re: Xeno Fighters EX & R (new thread)

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Submitting my new score for Stage 1:

Stage 1 - BPzeBanshee - 13,635,829 - 34 - Twinbee (EXPERT MODE)
Is 15 million even possible now for Stage 1? I swear I chained perfectly throughout the entire stage.

Then again...I did use all my bomb stock and I only got like 1 Destroyed At A Time bonus.
nZero

Post by nZero »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Submitting my new score for Stage 1:

Is 15 million even possible now for Stage 1? I swear I chained perfectly throughout the entire stage.

Then again...I did use all my bomb stock and I only got like 1 Destroyed At A Time bonus.
I don't use Twinbee but yes, fullchaining the last half of the stage and then quick-killing all of the boss's first form parts (read: well-placed bomb) at x10 should net you over 15M.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

nZero wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:Submitting my new score for Stage 1:

I don't use Twinbee but yes, fullchaining the last half of the stage and then quick-killing all of the boss's first form parts (read: well-placed bomb) at x10 should net you over 15M.
Hmm, the boss parts eh? I thought I did that okay too but I guess I'm still missing something. Then again I don't normally use Twinbee, I just happened to be using him at the time and it worked. Alluro really did a good job rebalancing him. :o

By contrast the A6M Zero is impossible, or at least very difficult to use for scoring. Ive figured out how to get the first fairy using it but after that things are impossible for me to keep together through the stage without getting shot by some fast bullet or losing a chain somehow. I dont suppose you've ever used it before for lulz eh nZero? :lol:
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

A new Conquest Mode score using a different ship for a change:

Stage 4-A - Alluro - 24,669,229 - 43 - Pollux (EXPERT MODE)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbb3cMpbh4Y

This run took me about 2 hours to perfect, since I had to choose the right weapon for every situation and know where to be 100% of the time, as well as timing the destruction of enemies to keep my chain going for as long as possible to get the highest scores.
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

WINNING!

Stage EX-3 - BPzeBanshee - 30,324,909 - 18 - Falchion Beta (EXPERT MODE)

I didn't think I'd ever top Alluro's Raiden MK-II score but I did and with only one serious try with this ship too of all choices! :lol:
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Updated the scoreboard to reflect the changes from v0.11. I've been a little out of touch with this game, so if anyone doesn't mind correcting some of the structural mistakes on the scoreboard, feel free to point them out.
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

As far as I can tell there actually is no change in the stage progression. I'm pretty certain there's at least two reports of not progressing to an EX stage after obtaining all of the Micluses in prior EX stage. Would like to be proved wrong though.

There is also a bug in which your Arcade mode score is not reset after you Game Over, and when playing on Arcade rank difficulty the game errors when you reach the high score board. This means that one could just continue playing and getting a higher score afterwards to gain additional score and since the medal value is not reset either it's quite the cheat, so I'd be invalidating all scores submitted for Arcade mode in this release (though I may be a bit too judgemental, makes sense though).

Furthermore, I think starting from the next release you should wipe the scoreboard since there have been various changes made to the game and all of the ships (not to mention now that the roster's cut it'd be silly to have a Jade Knight/Lord British/anyremovedship score up there for v0.12 even if it's by me).
XIV

Post by XIV »

Hi guys, it's been long time not active on the forum, here's my play in Conquest Mode. All of the stages are played in Normal difficulty:
EX-1 - XIV - 39367879 - 32 - Miyamoto

EX-2 - XIV - 51563060 - 57 - Miyamoto
XIV

Post by XIV »

Score update:
Conquest Mode:

Normal - EX1 - XIV - 47469409 - 52 - Miyamoto

Normal - EX3 - XIV - 31218269 - 18 - Miyamoto

Normal - 2 - XIV - 26336299 - 40 - Miyamoto

Normal - 6B - XIV - 11669389 - 16 - Miyamoto

I think retrying the stages should not count as continue, because retrying means start over from beginning of the stage.
XIV

Post by XIV »

Score update:
Conquest Mode:

Normal - EX1 - XIV - 72549169 - 50 - Miyamoto

Discovered some crazy strategies for EX1
Ixmucane2

Post by Ixmucane2 »

Two years without scores! I'm casually practicing Conquest mode, one stage at a time with all ships.

Conquest (XF-R 0.250) - Normal - 2 - 44997139 - 41 - X-36

The X-36 tends to be what I score best with, probably because of slightly higher damage output or because of the efficient moderately wide frontal shot.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Since someone else is playing, I might as well post these. They're all sloppy but should give an idea of what unconvoluted chaining routes add up to.

XFR 0.250 Conquest
Expert - 2 - Lethe - 69,266,949 - 50 - Raiden mk-IIβ
Expert - 4-A - Lethe - 119,580,599 - 45 - X-36
Expert - EX-5 - Lethe - 63,392,929 - 27 - Raiden mk-IIβ

I should have another go at EX-6 with the 0.250 changes. I was hoping Hummingbird would show up at some point...
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I don't think Aru-san's active anymore. I tried pinging him a few years back regarding this thread but he never responded.

Given the significant changes that have occurred in the last few years regarding the project it may be prudent to start a new scoreboard. If one of you guys are willing to do that I'd be most grateful.

Also, XFR's at v0.256 now, with fixes regarding ships, scores and crashes, so I highly recommend updating.

D/L: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c3qyY3 ... sp=sharing
Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/wUNuhJy