megadrive 2 clear audio mod help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Strider77

megadrive 2 clear audio mod help

Post by Strider77 »

I have a megadrive 2 that I need to have the crystal clear audio mod done on. Can anyone help me out with this or point me in the right direction to someone who does the service?

Also will this mod work in conjunction with a mega cd 2?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
trunk

Re: megadrive 2 clear audio mod help

Post by trunk »

I'd recommend doing reading in the Tech Aid Forum at http://www.sega-16.com, in particular this thread http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread ... ersion-1.0

I figure they'll also be more aware of who would be able to do it for you if you choose to send it off.
Current Setup:

720P------------------------v
240P->XRGB-3->Edge->4x2 matrix->DLP HDTV
480i/P->YPbPrselect-^ . . ^ . . V-->hdmi2vga->Super Emotia->Tate CRT SDTV
PC->vga2hdmi-------------^
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

With this mod and the right video chip, you can make a Genesis 2 have the video and audio quality of a Genesis 1, can't you? I've been trying to sort out the details, but that Turrican recording from that Sega-16 thread sounds pretty damn good if you ask me.

Strider77, it might be worth the effort to learn how to do it yourself. Soldering is somewhat fun once you figure out how to not solder the wrong wires to the wrong jumpers on your Sega Saturn while Battle Garegga laughs at you from across the room. And you never know when that skill could lead to a conversation that helps you get a job or meet your future soul mate!

Then again, that circuit does seem a bit beastly.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Soldering is not a problem it's just that diagram is greek to me.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?