RQ: Carrier Airwing - Secret items

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Seahawk

RQ: Carrier Airwing - Secret items

Post by Seahawk »

I've found the following secret items in Carrier Airwing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I was wondering if there are any more, because in the graphics viewer in MAME there are small objects (meat, Mobichan, a milk jar?) that look like bonus items, but I haven't seen them.

And if not....well then this is now a guide for the secret items in the game :). 10,00 points each!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

In my last run I missed the item in the 2nd screenshot (man) and the 3rd screenshot (star), plus the rabbit which is also on stage 3. You're missing a few more than just the rabbit.

Checking my replay:

Stage 2 - At the very end of the highway where you fight the mid-sized helicopters at the top of screen the astronaut (mobichan) is revealed.

Stage 3 - Destroy all the trees in the first half of the stage and the rabbit is revealed.

Stage 8 - Once you reach the oasis (palm trees) there should be some houses in the foreground. The between last house and the water is an astronaut with flags.

Stage 9 - In the last part of the stage with the green control rooms (hanging from the top and standing on the bottom of the screen) there should be a Yashichi on one of the bottom platforms (in a turret).

Stage 10 - On top of the first form of the final boss, the red turret should reveal the last bonus, Yashichi #2.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Seahawk

Re: RQ: Carrier Airwing - Secret items

Post by Seahawk »

You are the MAN! I wish I could shake your hand. Thanks to you I finally have a very hard playthrough (4th redo) that I can feel satisfied with.

I'll update this thread later after I get some pics of the bonus items, to make it a complete reference.