SD: Dragon Blaze - Coin Chest Locations

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Icarus

SD: Dragon Blaze - Coin Chest Locations

Post by Icarus »

> Dragon Blaze - Coin Chest Locations <

On every stage is a hidden coin chest (two on stage7), uncovered by destroying a particular enemy with your dragonshoot attack. They make up a portion of your total score, and are pretty tough to get in the later stages, but are vital to making 1mil+ scores in the first loop. Here's the approximate locations of all the coin chests per stage.
  • Sky Stage:
    After the wave of bats at the start of the stage, some flying gremlins with bows will appear. The target is the third gremlin to appear on the left side of the screen.

• Flower Stage:
    At the start of the stage, multiple sets of 3x drones fly in from the top corners. Behind the second set to appear on the right is a single drone, which is the target.

• Sea Stage:
    One of the green things that appears to the far right with the wave of purple thingies and exploding bombs at the midpoint of the stage is the target, before the octopus monster.

• Sand Stage:
    After the second large turret carriage, along with the green lizards that pop up at the right side of the screen is a mass of flying round spikey things. A lone spikey thing will fly straight down the right side of the screen. (It appears at the same time the goblin trio on the left side of the screen does.)

• Stage 5:
    With the fourth turtle tank in the stage appears two downward arcing lines of drones that appear from the upper corners, before the set of statues. Its either the last drone or the middle in the formation of three on the right side. (kill both just to be sure.)

• Stage 6:
    After the skull and bones midboss is a wave of flying skeletons. Behind the first set of three on the left is a lone skeleton. Best way to take the chest is to stop firing after killing the skull boss, and track the trio formation down until the loner appears, then slap the whole formation with dragonshoot.

• Stage 7:
    Destroy the triple headed midboss with dragon shoot. Two chests appear, one from the left head, one from the right head. You can get about 50k from both chests with the aid of a bomb to clear the screen.

Herr Schatten

Re: SD: Dragon Blaze - Coin Chest Locations

Post by Herr Schatten »

So that's where the coin head is in the desert stage I only ever triggered it by accident, although I knew where it was to appear.
Icarus wrote:Sky Stage:
After the wave of bats at the start of the stage, some flying gremlins with bows will appear. The target is the third gremlin to appear on the left side of the screen.
If the sky stage is the 3rd or 4th stage, it's the second gremlin to appear, because the game skips one of them.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Rob

Post by Rob »

With the fourth turtle tank in the stage appears two downward arcing lines of drones that appear from the upper corners, before the set of statues. Its either the last drone or the middle in the formation of three on the right side. (kill both just to be sure.)
It's the second one coming down from the upper right corner (in a line of 5, it looks like).
Psikyo_Ball

Post by Psikyo_Ball »

Im trying to do a good strategy for get the 2 coin chest on 1-7 without bombs (Sonia). I leave the dragon on right upper corner , but is hard for get the left coin chest for me, because sonia is too slow and her shoot without dragon sucks. When i try it always i get killed or touched (power down). My big problem is i cant found a good replay with sonia. I think i must start play with quaid, but i dont like his charged shoot.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

Psikyo_Ball wrote:My big problem is i cant found a good replay with sonia. I think i must start play with quaid, but i dont like his charged shoot.
A well-known Japanese player named Archer recorded a Sonia run, available at the top of this page. Let me know if the download links don't work for you; I'd be happy to upload the videos to Mediafire or a similar site.
Psikyo_Ball

Post by Psikyo_Ball »

Thanks!!. Is hard his technique for get this coin chest... Im working on it.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

No problem, dude. Good luck with Dragon Blaze. :)
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

saucykobold wrote:
Psikyo_Ball wrote:My big problem is i cant found a good replay with sonia. I think i must start play with quaid, but i dont like his charged shoot.
A well-known Japanese player named Archer recorded a Sonia run, available at the top of this page. Let me know if the download links don't work for you; I'd be happy to upload the videos to Mediafire or a similar site.
Nice find! Thanks for this, that's a really impressive replay.
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1