GD: An incredible discovery on Dangerous Seed

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Salahmander2

GD: An incredible discovery on Dangerous Seed

Post by Salahmander2 »

Hello everyone, I have recently discovered two alternative levels, on stages 5 and 6, if you let the enemy esacpe, you go to Saturn and Neptune respectively, I have done this on both the Arcade and Megadrive versions, please try it. :)
tinotormed

Re: An incredible discovery on Dangerous Seed

Post by tinotormed »

You can discuss this more on the Strategy thread.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Salahmander2

Post by Salahmander2 »

I'm kinda new here, is it possible for it to be moved to the strategy part?
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Salahmander2 wrote:I'm kinda new here, is it possible for it to be moved to the strategy part?
You can ask Ghegs why.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Turrican

Re: GD: An incredible discovery on Dangerous Seed

Post by Turrican »

Stage 1: 1st Tube - BOSS: Triple-Eye (トリプルアイ)
Stage 2: 2nd Tube - BOSS: Strike-Ants (ストライクアンツ)
Stage 3: 3rd Tube - BOSS: Roller-Snail (ローラースネイル)
Stage 4: 4th Tube - BOSS: Hunter-Moth (ハンターモス)
Stage 5: Mars - BOSS: - Multi-Squid (マルチスクイド) Defeat boss: go to Jupiter / Boss escapes: go to Saturn

Stage 6-J: Jupiter - BOSS: Shark-Mouth (シャークマウス) Defeat boss: go to Uranus / Boss escapes: go to Pluto
Stage 6-S: Saturn - BOSS: Monster-Head (モンスターヘッド) Defeat boss: go to Uranus / Boss escapes: go to Neptune

Stage 7-U: Uranus - BOSS: Twin-Claw (ツインクロー)
Stage 7-N: Neptune - BOSS: Ultimate-Tiger (ウルティメイトタイガー)
Stage 7-P: Pluto - BOSS: Monster-Mouth (モンスターマウス)

Stage 8: Seed Pod - BOSS: Danger-Seed (デインジャーシード)

This is the arcade route, but the Megadrive is somewhat different, isn't it?
(source: strategywiki http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dangerous_ ... ng_Started)

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 72#p660672
Skyknight wrote:After seeing the Megadrive replays, I'm wondering if that alternate boss option even exists in that version, simply because Ultimate Tiger, Strike Mantis, and Hunter Snail sound like just such composite bosses. In other words, the Megadrive version "simplifies" matters by letting you take on the composites while inside Danger Seed, without having to let bosses escape.

So basically, Triple Eye, Roller Snail, and Shark Mouth need to be allowed to escape (although that leaves the question of where Ultimate Tiger's snout is coming from, since it looks like Multi Squid's). Maybe these composites award more points than the two relevant normal bosses combined?

Edit: And now, actually getting to see the video, I see that in the arcade, it's only the post-tube bosses you can do this with. Might be worth seeing which is worth the most boss points--Multi-Squid/Shark-Mouth/Twin-Claw, Multi-Squid/Monster-Mouth, Monster-Head/Twin-Claw, or Ultimate-Tiger. Although I don't see any plays that show Twin-Claw being felled, I'll guess that it's worth 80,000, on top of the usual 60,000 for landing the killing blow on an orbit boss. Long story short: The best point payout for bosses appears to be to allow Multi-Squid to escape, but not Monster-Head, and then go on to bring down Twin-Claw. (Popcorn enemy payout may be a different story...)
X - P - B
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Awesome discovery. I still wonder how they got all those extra points in the gamest score.
Macias

Post by Macias »

Have you seen this video, guys?

It’s 52,000 points short of world record (would be only 32,000 short with full health after 4th & 8th stage)

Mars -> Saturn -> Neptune route, no bombs used, so I guess that extra 32k is just some more popcorn and boss milking. Fast sections seem to be pretty much optimized.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Wow, that's awesome. Always love to see a super high level replay.