RQ:Tears of opa opa system16

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Nick420

RQ:Tears of opa opa system16

Post by Nick420 »

Hi, can someone please enlighten me on how to kill the really fast spider at the end of this game. I have tried to figure this out myself and tried all the different bomb types. I even tried the tear drops but to no avail. :x Had a look on YouTube and can't find the right vid.

Many thanks to whoever can help me with this. :)
Mero

Re: RQ:Tears of opa opa system16

Post by Mero »

I can't avoid it either but as long you're armed with a weapon it won't kill you. When you respawn after it's killed you the first time buy the laser from the shop. Use it to quickly kill off the slower ones that come first and when the really fast one appears just let it hit you and it'll die and you'll just lose the weapon. This isn't the textbook way to do it of course but it works.

Then all you need to do is beat the final boss. Make sure you're fighting all the bosses on the dark side if you want the game to loop.
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Ah no way that sounds perfect. I love the way this game makes you think how to manage your cash and what you spend it on. The strategy in this game is basically to buy items to make certain sections as easy as possible. More so in super fantasy zone than this game. But its great figuring out your strategy and just makes the game feel refreshing compared to a cave game for instance.

I did find a video of someone beating it using fireballs but I still couldn't get it. Your way sounds much more reliable. thanks :D
I actually did buy the laser a few times at that point, however I wasn't killing the first three spiders quick enough for that to have happened. Yeah I knew about fighting the darkside bosses. The stage 2 boss is a prick lol.

Luvin this game :) now i should be able 2 clear it so thanks again.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Here, I made a video for you guys that only uses the Jet Engine and Twin Bombs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwg90gqryo
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Haha! Nice1! I'd say that last part would take quite a few runs to master. Nice skillz :D
Mero

Post by Mero »

Thanks for the video. I need to work on this, and also the Fantasy Zone 1 final boss.