How to restore ls-32 resistance?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BeruBeru

How to restore ls-32 resistance?

Post by BeruBeru »

Hi, my ls32 lost most of its resistance to the point where my sanwa jlf is only a little bit softer. How can I return the ls32 to its original stiffness?
emphatic

Re: How to restore ls-32 resistance?

Post by emphatic »

BeruBeru wrote:Hi, my ls32 lost most of its resistance to the point where my sanwa jlf is only a little bit softer. How can I return the ls32 to its original stiffness?
Remove the e-clip, take the spring and try pulling it out to twice it's current length.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

I'm having troubles opening the c-clip (that's what I got inside), any tips?
Last edited by BeruBeru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

BeruBeru wrote:I'm having troubles opening the e-clip, any tips?
Buy a pair of circlip pliers.
Fight war not wars
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

I edited my previous post, it's a c-clip
that one http://www.akihabarashop.jp/images/seim ... 2CRing.jpg
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

thegreathopper wrote: Buy a pair of circlip pliers.
+1
Those c-clips are such a PITA, I also use circlip pliers and they make it pretty trivial to pull off.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Or use a flat screwdriver where the blade gets wider.

If the tip is narrow enough to fit into the "outer rim" of the clip, pushing the screwdriver in will expand the clip so you can remove it. But I have one of these:

as recommended already in this thread.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

Thanks, would that do? http://cgi.ebay.com/Snap-Pliers-Straigh ... 2eb421276e

Also I forgot something really important, how do I put it back?
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Don't go out of your way. The clip on a LS-32 is pretty easy to remove with conventional tools, even if it doesn't seem like it (normally you won't notice you're doing any progress until it suddenly flies off) - I've done it plenty of times, and I don't have any special tools for the job.

Use a small flat headed screwdriver (as small as you got them, the one in the image above isn't really handy for the job), or otherwise a strong pincer or a similar tool.
Turning your stick upside down, press the screwdriver in between the clip and the edge of the stick (the edge which is now in the top), opposite to the open part of the clip. Try to get the head of the screwdriver in between the clip and the stick by pressing the tip in and down at the same time - eventually it will work.

Really, there's no trick to it, it just takes a lot of force. Same with putting it back on (but place something strong and flat between your fingers and the clip so its sharp edge doesn't tear your flesh up :P :P).
Don't worry about breaking it.
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

Thanks guys.

Sumez, I tried your method but it seems the the closed side of the clip doesn't leave me any space I could fit the screwdriver in, even with force.
nem

Post by nem »

You're doing it wrong. The trick is actually to push the green plastic plunger down and then working a small screwdriver between the clip and the edge of the stick. Otherwise the spring pushes the plastic plunger against the clip, and you will have a harder time trying get it off. There's actually quite a bit of wiggle room once it's not being actively pushed.