RQ: ProGear No Arashi Loop Requirements

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Zeron

RQ: ProGear No Arashi Loop Requirements

Post by Zeron »

Checked the strategy index but the thread was gone for some reason so yeah what are the loop requirements thinking of getting back to the game as 1-ALL was the best I ever attained.

Also while I am at it anyone know a ProGear superplay besides the Futobishi one preferably with Bolt

. However, the player can enter a second loop if at the end of stage 5, only at 1 life is lost and at most 2 bombs are used
Taken off wiki page are these correct?

found this site somewhat useful

http://www26.atwiki.jp/progear/.

(mod edit - changed thread title to fit with strategy forum guidelines)
Chaos Phoenixma

Re: RQ: ProGear No Arashi Loop Requirements

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

1cc the first loop while using 2 or fewer bombs. Number of deaths does not matter as long as you 1cc.

or

If you bomb more than 2 times, 1cc the first loop when your combined total of deaths and bombs is 7 or lower.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:1cc the first loop while using 2 or fewer bombs. Number of deaths does not matter as long as you 1cc.

or

If you bomb more than 2 times, 1cc the first loop when your combined total of deaths and bombs is 7 or lower.

Oh i see, not one of those crazy requirements like Ketsui Ura loop good for me might actually see some progress.

Anyway found a 220mil Bolt-B superplay on nico video but the quality is like 1996 VHS bootleg quality, why do I always pick the ship nobody plays...

I do have the futobishi booklet and video thats was released with it but I am not sure how much I can learn from a play of a different ship.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

I wouldn't worry too much about scoring until you can loop regularly since that's where most points are really (bonus points if you can carry a bomb max bonus!)... Ring has a higher scoring potential at very high level, but Bolt is easier to use for most people.

I assume you are playing the Japanese version? I can no-miss/no-bomb to stage 5 on a good day (with the occasional screw up on stage 4), but stage 5 ends up being at max rank and it's usually a trainwreck :| I could probably loop if I was better at judging when to bomb, but 2-1 with no max bonus is pretty rough already... I hope you'll have better luck than me!
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Aliquantic wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about scoring until you can loop regularly since that's where most points are really (bonus points if you can carry a bomb max bonus!)... Ring has a higher scoring potential at very high level, but Bolt is easier to use for most people.

I assume you are playing the Japanese version? I can no-miss/no-bomb to stage 5 on a good day (with the occasional screw up on stage 4), but stage 5 ends up being at max rank and it's usually a trainwreck :| I could probably loop if I was better at judging when to bomb, but 2-1 with no max bonus is pretty rough already... I hope you'll have better luck than me!

Yeah I play the Japan version, just after playing for one and a half hour I am back to stage 5, 1-3 I can clear with no bombs though some tense moments sometimes cause my damn hand act by reflex so i end up bombing. Stage 4 I am pretty confident I can clear with no bombs already just have to spend a little time on the stage to memorise some enemy placements. Stage 5 though I fear the beginning that is imo the parts after the midboss are easy. Though I do have 2 bombs which I can use freely on stage 5 without loosing the 2nd loop.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Just to set the record straight, the loop requirements are:

1 death or less OR 2 bombs or less. The "bombs + deaths <= 7" thing is untrue, and it's trivial to verify with a savestate on the last boss.

The wiki linked in the OP is a great resource for anyone looking for accurate information.
davidmikky

Post by davidmikky »

A GD allows for a more informal exchange of strategy-related ideas about a shmup, or a particular aspect of that shmup. So for example, someone may post a topic called "GD: Dragon Blaze Boss Strategies", containing some relevant contribution about that subject to begin the discussion, and then all are welcome to share their insights and discuss that information at greater length.
malik66
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

davidmikky wrote:snip
If you're looking for help with something specific to a game on this forum, sometimes there are multiple threads for games depending on the topics. There's nothing wrong with this as game topics are helpfully indexed here, and as you can see, each game generally has one larger game discussion topic which serves as a catch-all for general discussions:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1896
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

The text from his post is directly copy-pasted from one of the sticky threads in this forum. Given that it's a brand-new account, I wonder if it's some kind of weird spambot thing.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Very weird indeed - definitely a spambot, his second post in the hardware thread is a copy paste from: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43256
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Zeron wrote:Checked the strategy index but the thread was gone for some reason so yeah what are the loop requirements thinking of getting back to the game as 1-ALL was the best I ever attained.

Also while I am at it anyone know a ProGear superplay besides the Futobishi one preferably with Bolt

. However, the player can enter a second loop if at the end of stage 5, only at 1 life is lost and at most 2 bombs are used
Taken off wiki page are these correct?

found this site somewhat useful

http://www26.atwiki.jp/progear/.

(mod edit - changed thread title to fit with strategy forum guidelines)
CAVE PCB Has It.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJrL0tmPSY
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Keres already set the record straight a couple posts above:
Keres wrote:Just to set the record straight, the loop requirements are:

1 death or less OR 2 bombs or less. The "bombs + deaths <= 7" thing is untrue, and it's trivial to verify with a savestate on the last boss.

The wiki linked in the OP is a great resource for anyone looking for accurate information.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube