Anyone up for another Colorado meetup 2017 edition

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
twalden

Anyone up for another Colorado meetup 2017 edition

Post by twalden »

We had a small one last year at my house. Just wanted to see if anyone is up for another one sometime in August or September. I have 4 cabs and a lot of PCBs, you won't be disappointed 8)
Last edited by twalden on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
sharpfork2

Re: Anyone up for another Colorado meetup?

Post by sharpfork2 »

Howdy from Stapleton, Denver.
I'm a mame and Dreamcast guy with a 27" crt horizontal and 25" crt tate cab. I'd love to play some real PCBs sometime. :D
twalden

Post by twalden »

We can do one in April or May. There's not many of us here from CO, but hopefully he can get enough of us together for a small meet up like we've done in the past. Just let me know.
ChairTax

Post by ChairTax »

Definitely keep me posted on this. I probably won't be checking this thread too often, so please message me if you choose to do one.

I live on the front range so I'd imagine you're pretty close.
Ex-Cyber

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I likely wouldn't be able to make it (already have travel plans in April/May), but that depends somewhat on when/where.
sharpfork2 wrote:Stapleton, Denver.
I'm old enough to remember flying out of there when it was still an airport. :|
spineshark

Post by spineshark »

I'd love to go to another meetup. Last one I went to was great, and I finally got my Driver's License a year ago, haha
twalden

Post by twalden »

spineshark wrote:I'd love to go to another meetup. Last one I went to was great, and I finally got my Driver's License a year ago, haha
Cool, that would be great if you can make it again. Got another candy and a few more PCBs since then. I'm going to try and shoot for sometime in June.
My work schedule is pretty busy for April and May. Just let me know what works best for you guys. I live up north, off of 120th, so I might be a bit of a drive if you live down in south Denver.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

twalden wrote:I'm going to try and shoot for sometime in June.
How about June 23 or 30th? These are both Saturdays.
twalden

Post by twalden »

I'm pretty busy on weekends until the last 2 weeks in July. Maybe we can schedule one on a Saturday in late July if that works.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

I'm booked the last two weekend in July. :cry:
ChairTax

Post by ChairTax »

Late July is coming and going. I'm still interested though. Haven't even been playing shmups much lately as I just got a new job, but I'd jump at the opportunity to try out your cabs/pcbs, since you're so generously offering.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

I'm still interested too, if your generous offer still stands. I've subscribed to this topic to keep in the loop.
Nana

Post by Nana »

I'm from Palisade (Western Slope) here, and would be interested in one. I don't have much to contribute, and I guess time is spread pretty thin at the moment, but I can't imagine showing interest would hurt.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

With fewer kids' events scheduled in the colder months, I'm hoping we can do this sometime before the holidays. Should we Aim for October or the first half of December?

I also think we should align to bug the owners of 1up/2up to have at least one Japanese shmup on location. They might be a bit busy with tier Twin Galaxy acquisition.
twalden

Post by twalden »

Sorry for not getting with with any updates back sooner. With work and being on call mostly all of the time, my free time on the weekends has been very slim. Things have finally smoothed out so we can shoot for a Saturday in November if anyone is up for it.
ChairTax

Post by ChairTax »

I'm down to plan for a Saturday in November. I guess let me know. Super job-busy these days but will carve out time if it's gonna happen.

Also, we really need to petition the 1UP/2UP to get a decent shmup. Used to hound them when they first opened but they blew me off. (By which I mean I harassed them on facebook about getting something decent.)
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

twalden

What games do you have at this point?
ChairTax wrote:Also, we really need to petition the 1UP/2UP to get a decent shmup.
I bet the hipsters would line up to play a Cave shmup in a candy cab. I bugged them on FB too0 radio silence in response. I'd vote for Espgaluda but I bet Death Smiles would get a ton of play.
Nana

Post by Nana »

I sure hope they don't get Deathsmiles or Mushi, I don't feel like spending an extra $100 every time I'm down there. A Saturday in November would probably also work for me, however!

EDIT: So, should we all bug the 1up/2up owners about getting a japanese shooter? I can't imagine it would hurt :P. And are there any other arcades in the area that are worth checking out, maybe in Boulder? Still a bit of a drive, but always better than nothing.
twalden

Post by twalden »

Either Nov 10 or 17 would work for me. Should be free both Saturdays.
sharpfork2 wrote:twalden

What games do you have at this point?
Too much to list :P
Arcade wise, probably have around 30 shmup PCBs and a ton of other stuff, beat em ups fighters, etc.
4 JAMMA cabs - 2 vertical and 2 horizontal. Also have a JP 360 with most of the games. You can bring games if you want to, but we definately have plenty to play if not.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

Sounds super cool!

I apprear to be free both the 10th and 17th but would prefer the 10th.

How does this work? Do we bring snacks to share or something like that?
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

Exidy posted on KLOV that he picked up a new Egret II so I bugged him:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthr ... ost2252239
Sweet pick up!

A few of us Denver shmups lovers would like to see one of these at the 2up with a Cave PCB in it. I bet the hipsters would line up for Espgaluda.
I had this conversation just a week ago with Jourdan/1up. I think i'll be able to slide in a schmup in there soon enough :)
Jon
twalden

Post by twalden »

Nice cab! That guy that previously owned that Egret 2 lives right down the road from me.

The 10th works for me. Bring food and drinks if you want, but I will have stuff also. Hopefully others will be interested in attending. I'm up in Brighton/Thornton area FYI.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

twalden wrote:Nice cab! That guy that previously owned that Egret 2 lives right down the road from me.

The 10th works for me. Bring food and drinks if you want, but I will have stuff also. Hopefully others will be interested in attending. I'm up in Brighton/Thornton area FYI.
RE cab- Do you know what something like that goes for around here?

RE: the 10th- what time range are we talking? My Wife has somewhere to be in the evening so I'll have to take off no later than 5:30.

Thanks again for being open to this!
twalden

Post by twalden »

November 10th - noon until whenever is fine.

Finding candy cabinets around Denver is pretty difficult. I bought 2 off of Craigslist back in 2006. Haven't seen much since then. A Konami Windy that was butchered, that's about it. The other 3 I've bought were from road trips to Ken/Gameroom in Utah.
twalden

Post by twalden »

Bump for anyone that's interested. Saturday November 10th at my place. Let me know if you're interested. I will send directions in advance to you.
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

I plan on coming over if the offer still stands.
Nana

Post by Nana »

I will do my best to make it! And if I can, I will take delicious eggplant parmesan with me.
twalden

Post by twalden »

If anyone else wants to stop by this Saturday, please let me know. I needed an excuse to do nothing but play games all day anyway 8)
sharpfork2

Post by sharpfork2 »

I'll be there for sure!
ChairTax

Post by ChairTax »

I'm gonna try and make it tomorrow! Can you PM me your address? I've gotta be in Denver at some point so scheduling around this is gonna take some care. Will probably bring over some beer or something. Looking forward to it.