GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
adversity1

Re: GD: XBox 360 Shmup Achievements

Post by adversity1 »

Just FYI, if you no-miss the 1st loop in Endless mode (Eschatos), you will not get the "clear the game with 9 extra lives" achievement. Seems like it has to be done in the normal game mode.

Lame IMO. Other achievements pop in this mode.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Irenemp

Post by Irenemp »

HI IM playing Trouble witches neo got almost all achievemts expect for
Its so mind blowing! Clear MIND BLOWING mode of ARRANGE 360 MODE SINGLE PLAY or STORY MODE. Continue OK.
Where is Mind blowing mode???
HELP!!
nZero

Post by nZero »

adversity1 wrote:Just FYI, if you no-miss the 1st loop in Endless mode (Eschatos), you will not get the "clear the game with 9 extra lives" achievement. Seems like it has to be done in the normal game mode.
Same thing happened to me. Tried to repeat the no-miss performance on Original Easy and got cheap-shotted near the end of the game. Probably not going to bother with it unless I stumble into it on a leaderboard run, too irritating on its own.
Irenemp wrote:HI IM playing Trouble witches neo got almost all achievemts expect for
Its so mind blowing! Clear MIND BLOWING mode of ARRANGE 360 MODE SINGLE PLAY or STORY MODE. Continue OK.
Where is Mind blowing mode???
HELP!!
I'm not sure of the actual requirement, I unlocked Mind Blowing difficulty after clearing No Problem Mode (easiest difficulty) in Arrange 360 Single Play without continuing.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Two more notes about Eschatos:

Direct Shot can be popped after continuing, basically there's a part of the last form of the last boss (right in front of his mouth) which does not have a hit box. Ram him with your shield at this area. I tried this a bunch and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get it but what I think the issue is that he has all these attacks where his mouth is going different directions, you should deliver the finishing blow when his mouth is directly facing you.

Danmaku no Aegis can be taken directly after the two mirror shields fight on Hard. Sweep to the bottom left corner and use your shield to absorb the ton of enemy bullets that come in from the enemies. Should pop.

Done with Eschatos, just have CS: all S rank (sigh...) and a bunch of JS achievements left. Doesn't help that I think JS is a very un-fun game...
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Quick question about ESPGaluda II:

Does anybody know if Zetshushikai Over cancelled bullets (don't get added to gold counter) count for the "turn 10,000,000 bullets into gold"? I hope so, for there're MANY more to cancel. I'm a little bit tired after having been cancelling purple shit for weeks now in order to get this silly achievement unlocked.
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Nobody? No clue? I'm tempted to delete everything and reinstall the game but that would only mean MORE weeks of crap-cancelling without being sure.

On the other hand, could anybody tell me how many gold-cancelled bullets (aprox.) is it possible to get per game at 99*99 Level? I think it's about 100,000 with luck and not counting those Zetsushikai Over red ones but I could be wrong and using online automatic translators on a couple of japanese blogs didn't help.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

If you connect to Live your gamerscore should sync with the server, so you won't have to grind achievements anew, unless I'm misunderstanding your point. Do you really need to go through that for a few points, though? Is it worth it at all?
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

It says on the Japanese achievement wiki that Zesshikai suicide bullets are counted, not sure if that's what you're referring to.

That's all it says.
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Ummm... actually Zesshikai suicide bullets are not the red but the violet ones chasing you that are spawned whenever you kill an enemy and are cancelled whenever you kill a different one (absolutely mandatory if you want those stage 1 extends), either counting those spawned from other bullets or not. However, AFAIK those don't even count for gold! Only Zesshikai OVER bullets seem to turn into gold (but they aren't added to your counter, just get you more points) as well as Kakusei Over red ones although you get many MANY more in Zesshikai Over :?

Anyways and just for luck, I'm gonna try some runs spawning tons of Zesshikai suicide bullets. Who knows? Thanks a lot for your help, adversity1.
If you connect to Live your gamerscore should sync with the server, so you won't have to grind achievements anew, unless I'm misunderstanding your point. Do you really need to go through that for a few points, though? Is it worth it at all?
Nope, nothing to do with -lost- achievements; I never got this particular one yet. And NO³, it's NOT worth (don't do this at home, kids!) it and I wouldnt give a damn for 10G anyway. It's just that I've been trying to unlock this bastard for many weeks and nowadays I kinda *deserve* it and I'll get it or else! :evil:
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Otomedius X Achievements.

Additionally, here's the JP Wiki for weapon cards: http://www14.atwiki.jp/otome_g/pages/29.html

Weapon - Stage - Card Lvl1/2/3 (loop in brackets)
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Ok, achievement unlocked! For anybody else bored enough as to hunt this particular 金塊マニア achievement:

The bullets you need to cancel are not the classic Kakusei purple ones but RED BULLETS ONLY. I used Zeshikai Over bullets because all bosses double their shoots in this mode. Chances are that Kakusei Over red bullets also count but I couldn't say for sure.

Now I wonder why on earth this isn't well explained on the achievement description. I could have been shooting purple crap forever to no avail... :?
nZero

Post by nZero »

Thanks Kiken. Looks pretty straightforward, wonder when the game will get a release date.

Also oops never got around to doing Akai Katana Shin, which I suppose will be out shortly. If someone who has an actual idea of how the game mechanics work could proofread this for making any sort of sense, I'd appreciate it. Only one secret achievement out of 6 confirmed so far.

All Modes

初出撃 (5)
Start a game

念身 (5)
Switch to Ninja Mode

念身全開 (5)
Completely fill the change gauge

幻忍 (15)
Destroy a boss or cause it to change forms while you're in ninja mode

巡洋攻撃艦・富士茨 (5)
十干十人衆・柊 (10)
Destroy 1st Stage Midboss & Boss

七十六式軌道重戦車・轟羅 (10)
十干十人衆・秋明菊 (15)
Destroy 2nd Stage Midboss & Boss

大型戦車・鎧門 (15)
十干十人衆・石楠花 (20)
Destroy 3rd Stage Midboss & Boss

潜水母艦・粗樫 (20)
十干十人衆・戦鬼・柊 (25)
Destroy 4th Stage Midboss & Boss

重攻撃ヘリ・姫沙羅 (35)
十干十人衆・菖蒲&蘭 (45)
Destroy 5th Stage Midboss & Boss

十干帝王・西園寺芭蕉 (50)
Destroy Final Boss

壱号機 (30)
Clear the game with Type-1

弐号機 (30)
Clear the game with Type-2

参号機 (30)
Clear the game with Type-3

Arcade Mode Only

1億点突破 (10)
Score over 100,000,000 points

2億点突破 (15)
Score over 200,000,000 points

3億点突破 (20)
Score over 300,000,000 points

Arcade/Arcade Novice Mode Only

吸引力 (5)
Suck in orb items

大漁 (5)
Hold 72 large orb items

金色の車輪 (5)
Get over 200 large point items orbiting your character in Ninja Mode

128HIT!! (5)
256HIT!! (10)
Rack up a chain with the required amount of hits

背水の陣 (30)
While in Ninja Mode, spawn over 800 enemy bullets

撥水効果 (30)
While in Ninja Mode, cancel(?) over 1000 enemy bullets

腐食 (10)
Over 20 score items disappear in one game

不意 (5)
Immediately after being knocked out of Ninja Mode by a bullet, get struck by a bullet in Fighter Mode

Arcade/Shin Mode Only

金盞花 (30)
Clear the game with Type-1 without continues

胡蝶蘭 (30)
Clear the game with Type-2 without continues

八重桜 (30)
Clear the game with Type-3 without continues

Shin Mode Only

4億点到達 (10)
Score over 400,000,000 points

6億点到達 (15)
Score over 600,000,000 points

8億点到達 (20)
Score over 800,000,000 points

Shin Mode/Shin Novice Mode Only

悪・即・斬 (20)
Destroy a midboss within 2 seconds

攻撃ヘリ・犬槐 (25)
十干十人衆・薺 (30)
Destroy the midboss & boss exclusive to Shin mode

奥義の型 (15)
Generate 8 Katana and 8 Hagane while in Ninja Mode

正義の刃 (30)
Strike a boss with all 16 Hagane

真義の刃 (40)
Strike a boss with all 16 Katana

3000HIT!! (20)
6000HIT!! (40)
Rack up a chain with the required amount of hits

Secret Achievements

熔解 (5)
Get destroyed by an enemy laser

不覚 (5)
Get destroyed immediately after starting a game

真義 (50)
View the True Ending (Shin mode only)

開幕ボム (5)
Use a bomb within 1 second of starting a game

9999HIT!! (55)
Get a 9999HIT combo in Shin or Shin Novice mode

念身せず (5)
Clear the game without switching forms
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Have the Radiant Silvergun achievements been posted yet?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Yes, two posts up.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

Edit: Thanks. Only 1 secret achievement missing on that list.

What are the requirements for True Ending? Im guessing no miss the game.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
nZero

Post by nZero »

DragonInstall wrote:Only 1 secret achievement missing on that list.
They're all up now, but I don't have the game so I can't confirm them or anything.

According to the JP achievement wiki, no miss through St.6 clear in Shin Mode to get a changed last boss, then beat that for the true ending.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

The one where you beat the game without switching doesn't work. Unless they mean you have to 1cc the game without switching. That would be quite difficult.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

No info on the no change achievement? If you need to 1cc.. man thats a really hard one.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

DragonInstall wrote:No info on the no change achievement? If you need to 1cc.. man thats a really hard one.
You do.

It's achievable, I found a J guy's blog that described how he did it (in the Arcade). I'll be trying for it once work settles down a little.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

DragonInstall and I have both managed to get the no-change achievement. Been busy so haven't had time to post up.

I would say it's pretty goddamn hard. Probably most of its difficulty was wasting a bunch of time trying to no-nenshin clear Arcade Mode. I managed to get to the 2nd phase of the last boss, but that was with a near optimal run. This means that clearing Arcade Mode (on the port) without nenshin is near impossible.

Ignore that, the only mode this achievement is unlockable on is probably Shin Novice. You'll notice that most bullet patterns aren't much changed on bosses, but Stage 2 boss is more stable and in general you have much more room to breathe on the stages.

Crank your life setting to 4. This will give you 15 bombs total throughout the game.

Then follow this chart:

Stage 3 boss cleared -
At this stage if you have used more than 2 bombs or have died, reset.

Stage 4 -
You'll need to limit yourself to two bombs on this stage total. The stage can be stabilized.
One bomb on boss second phase, one on third phase. On third phase, drop to the bottom of the screen to negate the dense needle bullet pattern as it appears and just settle for hitting the boss with your option. Learn how to deal with the last laser/bullet pattern and use one bomb only.

Stage 5 -
You should have made it into this stage with four lives and one bomb, or none worst case. You will probably die on the mid-boss if you don't have a bomb. If you learn the section with the big mid-sized enemies mid-way through the stage, you can get through it without bombing, but you might die or have to bomb here. Try to take out at least two of the large laser-shooting planes without bombing. You should get to the boss with 3 lives and two or three bombs. Consider bombing on her first pattern because it can throw some really random shit at you. You can use several bombs here, but try not to drop below 3 lives. You will get an extend around this point.

Stage 6 -
You should enter this stage with 3 lives and several bombs, or better, 4 lives and no bombs. Stage is easy. Consider bombing on the mid-boss. Use at max 1 bomb on the rest of the stage (tank section). On the boss, one bomb for form 1, one for form 2, two for form 3.

Stage 7
Here's the unfortunate part: if you don't have a strong strategy against the Stage 7 boss, you will probably need 5 bombs for him alone. Two for form 1, two for form 2, one for form 3. But really one for form 3 is really pushing it.

I probably entered Stage 6 with 4 lives and one bomb, used the one bomb on the tank section only and used two on Stage 6 boss second form (one more than I recommend). This left me with exactly five for the Stage 7 boss and it was a small nightmare, which I managed to clear only by sheer grit on the last pattern.

tl;dr: shit is hard.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Goddamn that's a lot of work for 5 points. Thanks for the guide, adverse :)
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Yeah, Cave isn't exactly known for making sense with their achievement point distribution. But that is pretty sick. o_0
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Maybe we should ask if they meant for it to be a 1CC achievement and wait for them to inevitably patch it so that you can use indefinite credits to earn it.
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

adversity1 wrote:Crank your life setting to 4. This will give you 15 bombs total throughout the game
I always thought Cave games wouldn't unlock Achievements if you messed with the game settings?
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

SkylineR32 wrote:I always thought Cave games wouldn't unlock Achievements if you messed with the game settings?
True in most cases, but exceptions exist. For example, I don't think any achievement in Deathsmiles IIX requires default settings.
SkylineR32

Post by SkylineR32 »

Actually, I should have remembered that! I had all bar one Achievement for DS IIX when someone told me you could change the game settings and they'd still unlock. Still, it's good that they have done it that way for the most part, makes sure everyone is on a level playing field when comparing things. I've got nothing against turning a games difficulty down when I am just in the mood for some 'purdy splosions' but I also feel you learn a lot more playing at default.
Touch Me, I'm Sick

Still Silvergunning after 12 years!
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Akai Katana achievement list up.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/elixir68k/19990121
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Bullet Soul Caravan Mode DLC

キャラバン来たら本気出す (5)
Thanks for your purchase! Start a game in Caravan Mode

キャラバン番長 (25)
Earn a Platinum Medal in the Caravan stage
No more than 1 death, 11 or more bonuses, 40x or higher multiplier gauge

初陣 (25)
Complete the Caravan stage and register a score

どれがお好み (25)
Complete the Caravan stage and register a score with all characters

研究熱心 (20)
Watch a replay from the leaderboards

己に勝て (50)
Beat your best score 3 times for any one character

Secret Achievements

秘密の実績 2分耐えれば (25)
Complete the Caravan stage without losing a life

ガシャーン!? (25)
Earn a bonus by destroying the giant golden head before all of its parts unite

ツインマワール撃破 (25)
Destroy the Twin Whirl bosses

「乙」再び (25)
Collect all of the green 乙 boxes in the stage without losing a life
WHI7EW0LF

Post by WHI7EW0LF »

Any way someone can post the achievements and translate for Bullet Soul DLC pack 2?

Thanks.