Space Invaders Extreme 2

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
lgb

Re: Space Invaders Extreme 2 (NEW THREAD CARETAKER WANTED)

Post by lgb »

dude

more people need to do like that one guy and just set up a ustream for mw2
guigui

Re: Space Invaders Extreme 2

Post by guigui »

spadgy wrote:That's really nice work guigui - well done. I really want to get back to this, but so much stuff is taking up my time handheld-wise (Super Stardust Portable).
Thanks, Icarus did really better though, but he does not seem to want to come here.

Score attack mode is all about milking the regular fevers by NOT killing the invaders on the bottom screen during them. This way, you can trigger more fevers and light on the cases. Aim for a double line fever. During that double line fever, forget about not killing invaders and destroy everything ! Note that the invaders appearing during the double lines (or triple lines) fever are not part of the regular level, consequentl, shooting them does not reduce your opportunities of lighting the cases. Try and collect the pink items if you can, but do not focus on it. I think you get more points from shooting invaders with the x16 multiplier you'll get soon enough when the fever starts.
I also noticed that colored UFOs seem to fly by after fevers, yellow ones appear sometimes, always cool.

Time attack, at the opposite, is all about triggering a single line fever during the level. Indeed, during this fever, ennemies appearing are part of the stage, thus, killing them quickly with your ultra-powered fever weapon is good for a quick run. Do not trigger double or triple line fevers. Also, do not trigger a round at the end of a stage, if you do, the stage will only end when the times of the round reaches 0, which is bad !
A difficult part of the time attack are the bosses. If your weapon is not leveled enough, you may spend lot of time killing them ! Try and balance the time you spend leveling your weapon and the time needed to destroy bosses. I notice that suiciding on stage 4 boss, when he dives down at you is not a bad thing, since you may kill him before he splits apart an sends those red diving invaders at you.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
KMM

Re: Space Invaders Extreme 2 (NEW THREAD CARETAKER WANTED)

Post by KMM »

I've been meaning to get back into this game, and today I realized I happened to have the Japanese ROM sitting on a majikon I had with me, so after some frustratingly bad score runs I decided to play Time Attack.

Time Attack, Normal:
donotcare95 - 13'21"85 - 3-A, 4-A, 5-A

Will dig back into score later when I'm not just killing time at school.

EDIT: Disregard previous time.

Time Attack, Normal:
donotcare95 - 12'14"06 - 3-A, 4-A, 5-A

(US version.)

EDIT AGAIN:

Time Attack, Normal:
donotcare95 - 11'32"16 - 3-A, 4-A, 5-A
hoagie

Post by hoagie »

Reviving this thread.

I managed to get a 60,981,460 score in normal course (3b,4c,5d).

I did get almost 70 million during a test run on regular mode, so I'm looking forward to do the same on ranking mode.

Are people still playing this?
Anyone paying attention to this thread?

=)
So...I am a newbie.
:)
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Thread updated.
hoagie

Post by hoagie »

Thanks for the update. I have new score though.

70,177,470 - Normal Course - 3A-4A-5A

Currently 17 on the global ranking.
I wish I knew how the top 1 got such a high score >_<

My strategy is to focus on milking waves as much as possible to get fevers, while aiming for Full Houses.

Example, if I get the blue/blue fever, then I don't complete blue/red or red/blue as I couldn't do a FHV.
If I cannot get a new sqaure lit, I DO repeat fevers I already have, just for the UFOs.

All this applies everywhere except in the last wave of the level, where I get the fever and kill all the invaders I can (it restarts the level until the fever ends).
So...I am a newbie.
:)
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Just so everyone knows I'm still on board for maintaining the thread.