RQ: Patriot Dark Scoring Mechanics

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mjclark
Banned User

RQ: Patriot Dark Scoring Mechanics

Post by mjclark »

OK- I've seen the high scoring tips but does anyone know the mechanics?
Do Gains just give a points bonus at the end of each stage or do they affect item value, chain value etc?
How does the chaining system work?
Does the level of the crystal guage affect item value?
Does bullet grazing affect score or just make a pretty noise?
And is there a manual somewhere that I can stick in Google Translate (the manual link on TL website leads to an incomplete page)?
tinotormed

Re: RQ: Patriot Dark Scoring Mechanics

Post by tinotormed »

mjclark wrote:OK- I've seen the high scoring tips but does anyone know the mechanics?
Do Gains just give a points bonus at the end of each stage or do they affect item value, chain value etc?
How does the chaining system work?
Does the level of the crystal guage affect item value?
Does bullet grazing affect score or just make a pretty noise?
And is there a manual somewhere that I can stick in Google Translate (the manual link on TL website leads to an incomplete page)?
There is already a thread for that. Try to take a look at the first page of the PatriotDark GD and talk about it there.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
mjclark
Banned User

Re: RQ: Patriot Dark Scoring Mechanics

Post by mjclark »

I did post on that thread and got no replies so far but Ltc has answered my questions on another forum:
1. Just a point bonus at end of stage
2. As far as I can remember it's the opposite of DDP. The enemy you kill the last gets the highest value.
3. Yes, the higher the crystal meter, the more value the items have. Also bigger cubes have bigger value, although they get bigger pretty fast and only once afaik. In this game bombs should be used to replenish the crystal meter to keep the value high if needed. Most of the important stuff should be written in the guide I linked in question #5.
4. Just turn the sound off and ignore it. You want to graze bullets into the portals though and they will puke out a big cube each bullet you guide there.