First PCB

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
shmuppyLove

First PCB

Post by shmuppyLove »

Managed to score a pretty good deal on a Vogatek Supergun Mk II (I know they're not the greatest, but for what I need I think it will be fine) -- now I'm looking for my first PCB.

Are there any general guidelines for what to look for? Is eBay an ok place to shop for them, or are the prices too inflated (they seem a bit expensive to me?)
gct

Re: First PCB

Post by gct »

A good picture of the item and/or thorough description that indicates the seller knows what he is selling.

It has been a while since I shopped on eBay for PCBs, prices can get out of hand but once in a while you can get a good deal that nobody else notices. I wouldn't count on it though.
A good way is to look on genre-specific fora such as this one, you might not get a ridiculous deal but prices are a bit more consistent and there might be small price breaks due to a sort of community spirit.

If you want game suggestions, might I recommend OutZone and Ibara ;) Also, a MVS is essential for any supergun owner.
Wonderbanana

Re: First PCB

Post by Wonderbanana »

shmuppyLove wrote: Is eBay an ok place to shop for them, or are the prices too inflated (they seem a bit expensive to me?)
Just be careful on eBay matey.

Many people don't say specifically their bootlegs when they are (partly due to ebay rules but there are ways round this).

Also its common for sellers to say something like, 'worked last time I used it' or 'no refunds due to individual setups' etc. I'm always wary of these and unless its a cheap board worth taking a chance on, don't bother imo. If you do, Paypal everytime.

There are tons of boards here, on Arcade Otaku and Neo-Geo.com so I'd be amazed if you couldn't find something you like from a reputable seller within one of those communities.

/my 2p