Time for another Arizona shmupmeet

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
greg

Post by greg »

Hey Eric, nice to see you back! The shmupmeet has been tentatively pushed back to this Saturday (23rd). Both Aurang and Specineff cannot make it, unfortunately. Aurang is moving out of his Prescott apartment and Spec now works every Saturday, unfortunately. I'll call UD tonight to make sure he's free this weekend, since he's our host.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Hmm... i'm in Scottsdale. Too bad i missed this post. Ahh i probly wouldn't have come anyway - i'm a recluse!
greg

Post by greg »

circuitface wrote:Hmm... i'm in Scottsdale. Too bad i missed this post. Ahh i probly wouldn't have come anyway - i'm a recluse!
Umm... it hasn't happened yet.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Oh, i just read the first post. Besides - you guys probly think i'm some yuppie cause' i live in Scottsdale - lol :lol:
greg

Post by greg »

circuitface wrote:Oh, i just read the first post. Besides - you guys probly think i'm some yuppie cause' i live in Scottsdale - lol :lol:
Wel, I'm 29, ncc1701p is 30. We're not a bunch of kids, if that's what you're thinking. Nothing wrong with Scottsdale.

OK, so I haven't been keeping up with the forum much lately. I did get off the phone with Undamned just now, and he says that this weekend (Saturday the 23rd is probably not good because he's doing some late-night spelunking the night before, which makes sense since he's a Cave fanboy. (Get it? Cave? Spelunking? Ha!) Anyhoo, he'll get back with me probably this weekend and let me know. Hopefully by then we'll get to play some Mushihime-sama as well!

So, do you guys want to have a barbecue like last time, or just be lazy an order some pizza? Chime in and let me know. When we have a date confirmed, I'll PM everyone to let them know the location and directions to UD's place.
undamned

Post by undamned »

Hey guys, sorry for being out of the loop on this, heh. Busy, busy...
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

Yeah i am still interested in playing, whenever this happens...i don't have many shooters though, and i am not too good at them. i have like a bunch of shooters for the genesis and snes and dreamcast, like almost all the ones that came out in the states. ps2 also. but i don't have any imports unfortunatly, so i would love to play some cave games...anyway, yeah, hope this all goes through.
greg

Post by greg »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, spoke with Undamned last night. We are good to go for having a shmupmeet on Saturday, August 6th. This gives over a week's notice, so plan on being there. I'll PM everyone and tell them the directions and contact information.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

yeah im there, just drop me a line. what are we gonna play??
greg

Post by greg »

I just sent PMs to Aurang, Giant Squid, Kid Aphex, Circuitface, Eric, and Shearie.

For anyone else who would like to go, please send me a PM and I will send you the details. We will start around 11am.
greg

Post by greg »

Only two more days to go! It looks like everyone received the PMs I sent out, except for Kid Aphex. Hey, where are you, Kid? Check your inbox.

Undamned got his copy of Mushihime-sama for the PS2, and I'm very much interested in playing it again. I first played Mushihime-sama on my last trip to Japan in April, and it's awesome. Expect a high-score competition. We may order pizza or all go out for dinner somewhere later on.

For the newbies, just bring whatever games you want to. Just be sure to keep your stuff separated so that nobody gets their belongings confused. Dragging a console probably won't be necessary, since we have at least the basics covered (PSX/PS2, Saturn, DC, PCEngine, Gamecube, XBox). Shearie, Circuitface, and Squid: if you'd like, please give me a call and let me know if you will be coming.
undamned

Post by undamned »

Ok, I don't have my TMNT Horizontal cab setup, in the house, right now, so what we can do is just split the day, as far as the orientation of my Namco EX1 (it is hori, right now, so we can play whatever horizontal stuff we want and then vertical as we feel like it).

Games I'm planning on playing with you guys (we will play more, but these are some I really want to play; not necessarily shmups, either):

-Vertical Cab.
Akkinvaders
Batrider
Dogyuun
Gunbarich
Vasara

-Horizontal Cab
Cowboys of Moo Mesa
Progear
Metal Slug X
Saboten Bombers
Alien vs Preditor

-TV
Mushihimesama
Space Invaders X
Little Ralph

I have some fun prizes lined up for the score competition! :D We will decide what games to have in the competition, on that day, but have some games in mind! I was kinda hoping something that none of us have much experience with, just to keep the playing field fare ;)
-ud
greg

Post by greg »

What the heck is Cowboys of Moo Mesa? And where is ESP Rade? You didn't sell it, did you?

Both Shearie and Giant Squid called last night to confirm that they'll be there. So confirmed is myself, the two above, Jon of course, Lou (ncc1701p) and probably my friend Kevin. Don't know yet about Eric/Sleeveboy, and Specineff can't make it since he's working.

For years I have sailed up and down the fjords, wreaking havoc on the villages. I live on a diet of dried meats, mosses, and beer. Many enemies have I killed. But the other vikings make fun of me because I don't have a big, snarly beard. But I think they are sissies with their stupid blowcombs and designer fur pelts. My best friend is a giant stuffed bear I once killed in Norway. His name is Steve. Steve offers me all sorts of good viking advice. For example, I had a man whipping the slaves in my galley to make them row faster. Steve's idea was to have another man whipping the man whipping the slaves, to make him whip the slaves faster. The boat didn't go any faster, but at least the whipping was more efficient. Steve also helped me design a statue of Ms. Pac Man to put on the prow of the ship, instead of that old boring one of some Norse goddess. They have good techno rave clubs in Norway. Other vikings dance better than I can, but all I need is Steve's approval. My existence as a viking is validated only through him. He's way better than that bear on Grizzly Adams. He can help me with my trigonometry homework. My sister once bought an Ace of Bass CD. I hated it and those stupid songs they'd play on the radio. "All that she wants is another baby, blah blah blah." Scandinavians piss me off.
undamned

Post by undamned »

greg wrote:What the heck is Cowboys of Moo Mesa? And where is ESP Rade? You didn't sell it, did you?
Cowboys of Moo Mesa is a cowboy run'n'gun, from Konami, which has the same mechanics as Contra, plus some extras. I only listed games I had my heart set on. Of course I still have a crapload of other great games, yes, including ESP Ra.De. ;)
greg wrote:Both Shearie and Giant Squid called last night to confirm that they'll be there. So confirmed is myself, the two above, Jon of course, Lou (ncc1701p) and probably my friend Kevin. Don't know yet about Eric/Sleeveboy, and Specineff can't make it since he's working.
Rock. It will be neat to meet the new fellas! I should give Eric a call...
-ud
greg

Post by greg »

GIANT SQUID, WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU?
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

holy crap, i am so sorry guys, i was going to go around 3 and i was workign on my wifes car all morning, i took a nap before i went and woke up like a 7. i didn't know how long you guys play, so i didn't want to show up super late. this really sucks cause i have not met anyone else who plays shooters. sorry again you guys.

STUPID SQUID
JBC

Post by JBC »

I had to work anyway - even though i am a recluse and probly wouldn't have shown anyway.
greg

Post by greg »

Here's the group photo from the Shmupmeet from a few weeks ago.

From left to right: Shearie, Kevin (Greg's friend), Greg (me, sporting my neat-o Ikaruga shirt from Pixelcorps) Josh (UD's friend), Undamned (wearing his neat-o Sega shirt), Jon, ncc1701p (Lou).

Thanks to Lou for taking this pic on his diggycam. I'll upload more pics when I'm not such a lazy jerk.