RQ: Scoring in Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets!

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Nico87

RQ: Scoring in Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets!

Post by Nico87 »

Well, first off, I suck at scoring in shmups. I don't even know how to score in the various Pachi games. The only game/mode I know 100% how to score is Futari 1.5 Original.

Okay, I badly want to know how to score in MMP and Pink Sweets, but I don't know how. The only thing I know is that I'm supposed to absorb the bullets of the stage 1 boss in Pink Sweets.

I've read a few guides on here, but they only confuse me further. I've also watched a few YouTube videos, but those just make me more frustrated as they pull off stuff I have no idea how to. For example, the largest grey-brownish score items in Muchi Muchi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbpaugpkSc - 1:44 in), I have no idea how to get those.

What I'm looking for is someone to tell me how to score in these two games with as few words as possible. The whole strategy guide shit ain't workin' for me.

(mod edit - changed thread title to fit Strategy Forum guidelines /mod)
RNGmaster

Re: RQ: Scoring in Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets!

Post by RNGmaster »

MMP is the only one I understand, and frankly scoring in PS is IMHO boring due to all the boss milking. Essentially, you're keeping up a rhythm - shoot enemies with A-shot to spawn pigs, pick up the pigs to fill the lard meter, tap B-shot to kill enemies and spawn gold, hold A-shot to suck the gold in and spawn more pigs, tap B-shot, etc. etc.

Every time you pick up every medal that a deluge of B-shot spawned, the value of the medals created increases:
100-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000-9000-10000
10000-point medals are the max. Once you get the medal value up to that level, wait until there are lots of popcorn enemies and hold down B-shot to take care of them all, then hold A to suck up all the medals they create. You need to keep in mind that you have a limited supply of fuel for B-shot, and you can replenish that in two ways:
-Holding B-shot while the lard meter is empty does a weak shot that spawns lots of pigs (and can help fill the meter fast at the very start of the game)
-Enemies defeated with A-shot drop ground pigs or pigs on parachutes that can be picked up.

Also, timing out bosses will drastically increase the rank of their attacks. Wait them out as long as you can (this is a pro tactic) then use bomb to turn the bullets into pigs that can be picked up for huge points. When bosses are defeated with B-shot, all bullets onscreen turn into gold.
Plasmo

Re: RQ: Scoring in Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets!

Post by Plasmo »

Basic Pink Sweeets scoring is similiar but even simpler than MMP. Just collect the golden medals up to the max value which is 10k. Never miss one.

Absorbing bullets isn't really worth much and not recommended for beginners anyway.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube