RQ: DDP Second Loop Requirement, Bee collecting

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ptoing

RQ: DDP Second Loop Requirement, Bee collecting

Post by ptoing »

OK, so I read in multiple places that getting to the 2nd loop can be done by collecting all 13 bees in 4 of the 6 levels.

Now this clearly is not true as such, there have to be further stipulations. I did a 1CC and collected all bees on levels 1, 2, 3 and 5, tho I stupidly died on level 3.

This would lead me to believe that you have to get all bees without dying, thus getting the full scorechain from them. Can anyone confirm this or if possible explain if anything else matters here?

Cheers.
BER

Re: RQ: DDP Second Loop Requirement, Bee collecting

Post by BER »

ptoing wrote:OK, so I read in multiple places that getting to the 2nd loop can be done by collecting all 13 bees in 4 of the 6 levels.
Have you met this additional condition: you cannot die from the first bee collected to the last. You can tell whether you've done this properly by looking at two things: (1) the point value from the 13th bee flickers yellow instead of red or (2) when you go to the next stage, the point value from the 1st bee (e.g., 2000 pts. on stage 1-2) is higher than the 1st bee (e.g., 1000 pts. on stage 1-1) from the previous stage.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

As I said, I died somewhere on stage 5 or 3, can't remember, so I did not get the flickering last score. So if I get all bees on stages 1-3 without dying, then die on stage 4, but then get all bees in stage 5 without dying, it should work?
BER

Post by BER »

ptoing wrote:As I said, I died somewhere on stage 5 or 3, can't remember, so I did not get the flickering last score. So if I get all bees on stages 1-3 without dying, then die on stage 4, but then get all bees in stage 5 without dying, it should work?
Yeah, that should work. In fact, this still works even if you die before collecting the 1st bee or after the 13th bee.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Makes sense.
Thanks a lot :)
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

BER wrote:Have you met this additional condition: you cannot die from the first bee collected to the last. You can tell whether you've done this properly by looking at two things: (1) the point value from the 13th bee flickers yellow instead of red or (2) when you go to the next stage, the point value from the 1st bee (e.g., 2000 pts. on stage 1-2) is higher than the 1st bee (e.g., 1000 pts. on stage 1-1) from the previous stage.
What about dying at bosses? If you die between the last bee of a stage and the first bee of the next, the value of the first bee doesn't drop.
弾もまたいで通る
BER

Post by BER »

ReKleSS wrote:
BER wrote:Have you met this additional condition: you cannot die from the first bee collected to the last. You can tell whether you've done this properly by looking at two things: (1) the point value from the 13th bee flickers yellow instead of red or (2) when you go to the next stage, the point value from the 1st bee (e.g., 2000 pts. on stage 1-2) is higher than the 1st bee (e.g., 1000 pts. on stage 1-1) from the previous stage.
What about dying at bosses? If you die between the last bee of a stage and the first bee of the next, the value of the first bee doesn't drop.
Dying at bosses is fine except for the third boss, which you have to collect the last two bees it's holding first.