Torus Trooper

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Dale

Post by Dale »

Dale-Hard-1,713.600
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

What levels?
Dale

Post by Dale »

1-8 If I remember correctly. :?

EDIT:It say's 8-13 what does that mean?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
EIHoppe

Post by EIHoppe »

Davey wrote:Extreme - Davey - 1-21 - 14,022,446
Whoa. Very nice score, man. You're tempting me to pick this up again, though it'll prolly be a little while before I'm even remotely competitive again.

Though, yeah, luck is definitely a key factor to scoring. Lack thereof was pretty much why I stopped playing for awhile. I think the universe hates my "mad skillz" (haha, riiiiight) or something. =P

~EI
Davey

Post by Davey »

EIHoppe wrote:Though, yeah, luck is definitely a key factor to scoring.
Yeah, but I'm not sure how much. My progess and score consistency in Kenta Cho games are almost the same as in commercial games, but maybe that's just because I'm a sloppy player (I hate practicing, memorizing, refining, etc.).

The really lucky part about that run was that I was down to like 1 second (maybe less? I don't remember) when I killed a boss at one point.

I think Kenta Cho's games are getting more "fair" as time goes on. The difficulty of bosses in Parsec47 doesn't seem consistent (and sometimes they have impossible patterns, I swear), but I see that less in Torus Trooper and pretty much never in Gunroar.
EIHoppe

Post by EIHoppe »

Davey wrote:Yeah, but I'm not sure how much.
I'm not entirely sure myself, but what kinds of bullet patterns you get have a direct impact on your score--look at my normal replay if you don't believe me, if I remember right I got "saved" on more than one occassion by some really nice bullet patterns for eating.
Davey wrote:My progess and score consistency in Kenta Cho games are almost the same as in commercial games
I find I *can* do as well as I do on most commercial games, but the randomness does get to me quite a bit and my consistency isn't nearly what I'd like it to be (though I do have pretty high standards, heh)
Davey wrote:but maybe that's just because I'm a sloppy player (I hate practicing, memorizing, refining, etc.).
Haha. You've got company. Except for me it's not hate it's just "hi, I can't seem to play one game for too long" syndrome. Ah well, I enjoy stuff much regardless.
Davey wrote:I think Kenta Cho's games are getting more "fair" as time goes on. The difficulty of bosses in Parsec47 doesn't seem consistent (and sometimes they have impossible patterns, I swear), but I see that less in Torus Trooper and pretty much never in Gunroar.
Agreed there, though I always get myself in a jam in Gunroar because I try to whore the multiplier...

Hm...now I feel very compelled to give it another go. Can't let myself remain in fourth, after all. =P

~EI

EDIT: Apparently quote tags are whiny and don't like the way I do things. Fixed...
Makoto_Shinobi

Post by Makoto_Shinobi »

Surprisingly, not many people played this game, but, oh well, at least it's a great game though. Anyway, here's my score:

Normal - 1-27 - 15,989,133
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

The bullet smashing charge shot turns me off lol.
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
Makoto_Shinobi

Post by Makoto_Shinobi »

shoe-sama wrote:The bullet smashing charge shot turns me off lol.
Yeah, but it's really useful in this game however. ;)
lgb

Post by lgb »

ptoing

Re: Torus Trooper

Post by ptoing »

Never too late to bump a score thread, eh?

normal - ptoing - 1-23 -14,535,124