Pirate shmup-o's (split from Fast Striker)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
rancor

Pirate shmup-o's (split from Fast Striker)

Post by rancor »

It seems our own "mjclark" has decided to copy this game and post it to a torrent site. :(

definitely not cool.

Thoughts on this anyone?

edit: Looks like he was kind enough to put it up elsewhere as well. Nice guy, huh? Info forwarded to THE.

stryc9

Re: New Neo Geo / Dreamcast Shooter Fast Striker by NG:DEV Team

Post by stryc9 »

Naughty.
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz
TVG

Post by TVG »

rancor wrote:It seems our own "mjclark" has decided to copy this game and post it to a torrent site. :(

definitely not cool.

Thoughts on this anyone?

edit: Looks like he was kind enough to put it up elsewhere as well. Nice guy, huh? Info forwarded to THE.

You forgot to post the direct link to the download.
"In short, it comes down to spirit" - dodonpachi developper Kohyama.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Did you expect any less?

I would buy it if I could play it in my cabinet. Problem is the MVS is unavailable and too expensive. Viletims controller adapters for his Jamma SCART converter are not available either.

When one or the other becomes available I'll play it some.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
rancor

Post by rancor »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Did you expect any less?
I certainly didn't expect it from a participating forum member who goes by the same name and uses the same avatar on all sites. :|

I'm not sure if thats bravery or stupidity.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Who assigned you to pirate control authority and supevisor? You're so surprised that someone from the forum boots DC games? Maybe people want to try it before spending money on something they are unsure about, or maybe it's a crap economy and someone simply can't afford a new game at the moment... I don't think it's your business to call them out and make a fuss...

...unless of course your main reason for being on the forum was to profit from the other users, oh now I am starting to see the connection.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I think your store is awesome and a great service to the community. It's just that I believe when people do things that I might now agree with (and aren't causing anyone a problem), I tend to not let it get to me. It's not like NGDEV Team aren't aware that DC games are booted and it would undoubtedly happen to Fast Striker. Well, whatever, for all I know I'm alone on this and a giant bronze statue in your image will be erected for this landmark moment of justice.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Paradigm
Banned User

Post by Paradigm »

chempop wrote:Who assigned you to pirate control authority and supevisor? You're so surprised that someone from the forum boots DC games? Maybe people want to try it before spending money on something they are unsure about, or maybe it's a crap economy and someone simply can't afford a new game at the moment... I don't think it's your business to call them out and make a fuss...

...unless of course your main reason for being on the forum was to profit from the other users, oh now I am starting to see the connection.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I think your store is awesome and a great service to the community. It's just that I believe when people do things that I might now agree with (and aren't causing anyone a problem), I tend to not let it get to me. It's not like NGDEV Team aren't aware that DC games are booted and it would undoubtedly happen to Fast Striker. Well, whatever, for all I know I'm alone on this and a giant bronze statue in your image will be erected for this landmark moment of justice.
Well said.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

not only is he a pirate, but a RACIST PIRATE!

Sailing the 7 seas, pirating from the most humble of indie devs, and making a few foul black jokes along the way.
=/
rancor

Post by rancor »

Fine. I'll butt out. It's clearly me thats in the wrong here. :roll:
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

PIRATES vs SHOPKEEPERS!! Game On!!
Kingbuzzo wrote: not only is he a pirate, but a RACIST PIRATE!

Sailing the 7 seas, pirating from the most humble of indie devs, and making a few foul black jokes along the way.
If anyone really thinks that my avatar is racist they must have a problem (actually I'm mixed race myself though that's not really anybody's business here) but I guess that was a joke and also a fantastic quote. I'm tempted to use it in my sig but people might take it the wrong way!
Also if you're going to start pointing the finger on warez in this forum there'd be a rather long list of members and a lot of embarassed faces, but nobody likes a grass- not in school, not in jail and not on this forum either lol
Anyway, how do you know that torrent is from me- it might be my bad twin brother :D
rancor wrote:I certainly didn't expect it from a participating forum member who goes by the same name and uses the same avatar on all sites. :|
I'm not sure if thats bravery or stupidity.
I'm not sure either.
I wonder if traffic for those torrents will increase now they're posted on here, eh?
How we laughed.
Last edited by mjclark on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

ARRRRRians are the glorious master race!!1
...damn, racist pirates are way cool.
kernow

Post by kernow »

rancor wrote:It seems our own "mjclark" has decided to copy this game and post it to a torrent site. :(
Why are you randomly viewing torrent sites? :P
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

rancor wrote:Fine. I'll butt out. It's clearly me thats in the wrong here. :roll:
I tend to agree with you Rancor. I don't give a shit about downloading per se, but when it comes to something like this that's made by an indie developer who is really trying to make something cool and professional on a dead console I think it's wrong. Hopefully whoever downloads it will like it and end up buying it. It probably would have been better to PM it to THE and let him doing the calling out though.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Definitely uncool.

I suppose if you're the type that will download current in the market games like that then you're going to do it whatever. Still doesn't make it right.
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Holy shit, Shmup games also get Pirated ?

Mind blown !
-SD-

Post by -SD- »

kernow wrote:Why are you randomly viewing torrent sites? :P
That thought did cross my mind too....

But still, not cool at all. :evil:
burgerkingdiamond

Tigershark wrote:Definitely uncool.

I suppose if you're the type that will download current in the market games like that then you're going to do it whatever. Still doesn't make it right.
of course they do. The point is that its a game from a small developer that also happens to be a member on this forum. If THE/RHE don't care then fine. I wonder what their feelings are on the matter..
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

The world is run by people who have the money and want to spend it on what they like. Everyone else just leaches off them. Its something I've grown accustomed to over the years. Unless the government runs a name and shame program where any offender has their assets debited in accordance with the amount of downloads, nothing is going to happen. If I were a government respresentative I would initiate that practice effective immediately to all uploaders.

The internet has let too many people run riot with an irresponsible approach to things in life. If its not stopped the next generation of people will be leeching off society.

The question is if artists around the globe accept they will be leeched and if they too are leechers. If its a roundabout society of leechers in the artists domain then a fans grumble here and there is pretty much misplaced.
burgerkingdiamond

neorichieb1971 wrote:The world is run by people who have the money and want to spend it on what they like. Everyone else just leaches off them. Its something I've grown accustomed to over the years. Unless the government runs a name and shame program where any offender has their assets debited in accordance with the amount of downloads, nothing is going to happen. If I were a government respresentative I would initiate that practice effective immediately to all uploaders.

The internet has let too many people run riot with an irresponsible approach to things in life. If its not stopped the next generation of people will be leeching off society.

The question is if artists around the globe accept they will be leeched and if they too are leechers. If its a roundabout society of leechers in the artists domain then a fans grumble here and there is pretty much misplaced.
I guess I'm a hypocrite cuz I do download stuff. But I don't have a problem downloading a CAVE game that they won't even release in the US. I know this type of thing has been talked about to death on this forum. And everyone has a different opinion. However, in this case I think it is wrong. A big company can take it if people pirate. NGDev team on the other had probably need every sale they can get. I'll just leave it at that.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

burgerkingdiamond wrote: I guess I'm a hypocrite cuz I do download stuff. But I don't have a problem downloading a CAVE game that they won't even release in the US.
This exactly. Region protection is the most ridiculous thing going (well, after the various draconian DRM levelled at PC games), it's not like anyone is losing out by people outside the region pirating a game never localised for them. I'll download stuff I can't buy (or in many cases, can't buy at a reasonable price - see the array of overpriced BINs on ebay), which is where the Dreamcast comes in handy because it's easy to find .iso images. A lot of it is distributed online under the banner of "abandonware" (as right or wrong as that may be in copyright terms) but if something's out there to buy commercially, players should support the people making it.

Seems people use the economic climate and "oh noes there are too many games I must play, but can't afford them all" as some form of justification for piracy! It's easy now (unlike the early 90s and cart-based games) so the lazy option is to consume for free. Consume, consume, consume is what society has become - so why pay if you can avoid it?

I'd pay for ROMs in MAME if a) I could b) it came without any DRM.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

You can't download an MVS cart of the game. :lol: A downloaded copy of a game is not a lost sale, especially when the pressing is limited. In fact, most people who download this game "illegally" and really like it are likely to want to find out more about NG-DEV than if they hadn't. Small business can profit from piracy. How many of the users here would've heard of CAVE if it wasn't for playing their games ILLEGALLY in MAME in the first place?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
burgerkingdiamond

emphatic wrote:You can't download an MVS cart of the game. :lol: A downloaded copy of a game is not a lost sale, especially when the pressing is limited. In fact, most people who download this game "illegally" and really like it are likely to want to find out more about NG-DEV than if they hadn't. Small business can profit from piracy. How many of the users here would've heard of CAVE if it wasn't for playing their games ILLEGALLY in MAME in the first place?
I know it's not necessarily a lost sale, hopefully if people like it they'll buy it and things even out.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I just prefer it if all users of a product paid the same price. It nags me a bit that I paid full price for something and others got it for free. I don't know why but I have never felt the urge to pirate a game. Any Roms I've downloaded i've downloaded after owning the original thing.

I do believe that piracy will help NG:DEV. If 1 out of 10 people that download the roms then thats perhaps 100 people that will buy the nexy game that wouldn't have bought it otherwise.
nem

Post by nem »

I always find it a bit funny when some people bang about piracy being bad and then buy everything second hand. Cave gets absolutely diddly squat from the $900 you spent on your Ketsui pcb.
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

nem wrote:I always find it a bit funny when some people bang about piracy being bad and then buy everything second hand. Cave gets absolutely diddly squat from the $900 you spent on your Ketsui pcb.
Surely there's a difference with actual property and selling that? Should Ford get more money if I resell my car?
the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Treasurance

Re: Pirate shmup-o's (split from Fast Striker)

Post by Treasurance »

WHO THE FUCK UPLOADED CRIMZON CLOVER??!!!

just to say THANK YOU
drauch

Post by drauch »

the2bears wrote:
nem wrote:I always find it a bit funny when some people bang about piracy being bad and then buy everything second hand. Cave gets absolutely diddly squat from the $900 you spent on your Ketsui pcb.
Surely there's a difference with actual property and selling that? Should Ford get more money if I resell my car?
Exactly. That argument is such a bloody joke.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
nem

Post by nem »

Way to miss the point
drauch

Post by drauch »

Understood the point. It was stupid.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Tylerxuppercut

Post by Tylerxuppercut »

free shit is free shit regardless...and when you have the means to aquire said free shit then....I MEAN COME ON!! lol Doesnt make you a leacher or some other type of parasite sucking off the tit of the rich.

Tho yes it does suck for the dev but I mean it is the dreamcast and its not like it wasnt gunna happen anyways....Someone had to do it and I applaud you sir, not because your pirate but because ur avatar is larious!!!!!!