RQ: question Regarding R-Type Final and Unlockable Ships

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Octomac

RQ: question Regarding R-Type Final and Unlockable Ships

Post by Octomac »

Hey, all,

I consider myself a casual shmup fan, mostly contenting myself with various Gradius and R-Type games. I'm currently trying my hand at R-Type Final, and I'm digging the vast number of unlockable ships. I've looked up a couple of guides to determine the requirements for unlocking the various crafts, and I'm confused about one of them.

Four of the ships are listed as requiring a passcode to unlock. I was able to find three of them easily in the R-Museum, but I don't see an entry to unlock the fourth ship, the R-100. The FAQ I was using says that the only requirement is to use the password, but I'm wondering if there are other requirements I need to accomplish before I can input it. Does the R-100 only become available for unlock after you've found the other 99 ships? According to another source, the R-100 should be at the bottom of the R-Museum screen, but I don't even see the empty space for the ship.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
nZero

Re: RQ: question Regarding R-Type Final and Unlockable Ships

Post by nZero »

I'm pretty sure the R-99 has to be unlocked before the space for the R-100 will appear.
Octomac

Re: RQ: question Regarding R-Type Final and Unlockable Ships

Post by Octomac »

nZero wrote:I'm pretty sure the R-99 has to be unlocked before the space for the R-100 will appear.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I figured that would be the case -- why would they essentially give you one of the best ships in the game right off the bat, after all? Guess I'd better roll up my sleeves and get to work, then.

Thanks again for the help!