RQ: DDP DFK Arrange A

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
ratikal

RQ: DDP DFK Arrange A

Post by ratikal »

I'm having trouble with this mode as far as scoring goes, mainly because I don't know what I'm doing. I watched a replay of some dude dominating the game, and I can replicate what he's doing, but sometimes my score is MUCH lower. It's very annoying to do everything seemingly right but still have a low score.

Can anyone give me a complete rundown of Arrange A's scoring system so I know what's happening and why?

The highest I got in Stage 1 was like 700,0000,0000 (DFK's weird numbering system), but sometimes doing the same method I get only 200,0000,0000.
flux

Re: RQ: DDP DFK Arrange A

Post by flux »

You want to bring up your chain as fast as possible using the Normal shot while hypering. If you use the regular shot in Normal you'll mark (chain?) the bullets that your shot is touching and it'll add to your chain. I think the number of bees you have when you hyper will change how fast the chain goes up (so 5 hypers will increase the fastest).
Seems like a lot of the points come from the bees. You need to collect them while they're flashing. It'll multiple your chain by some constant (I think that goes down on each stage) and by some multiple of the number of bees you've picked up.
So basically, get a big chain and pick up all of the bees when they're flashing. From what I've heard, using the Boost shot in hyper to cancel the bullets into stars isn't a big help score-wise. It should really only be used as an escape when you get trapped.
ratikal wrote:The highest I got in Stage 1 was like 700,0000,0000 (DFK's weird numbering system), but sometimes doing the same method I get only 200,0000,0000.
Side note: In Japan the number system is grouped by 4 digits instead of 3.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Okay, so the flashing was the big part of the score difference. I'm now getting like 700,0000,0000 consistently. Seems like you get them as you reveal them, it counts as a flash.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Does dying in a stage effect the HUGE score bonus from the lqst bee in the stage?

EDIT: Confirmed it myself, dying will not get you the HUGE ass bonus from the last bee.
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

flux wrote:If you use the regular shot in Normal you'll mark (chain?) the bullets that your shot is touching and it'll add to your chain.
Does this mean its more beneficial just to stay in normal mode all the time when you're not in hyper then? Will this make the hyper gauge increase faster than boost mode too? I'm a bit confused on whats best to do while you're not in Hyper mode.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I think Normal is best for the speed increase. There's in instance after the Stage 4 Ura Midboss where the speed makes a difference with the line of the ships that come out. With Normal, you can just stay on top and destroy them before they even use a single bullet.

It's not worth hypering that part either.
flux

Post by flux »

EPS21 wrote:
flux wrote:If you use the regular shot in Normal you'll mark (chain?) the bullets that your shot is touching and it'll add to your chain.
Does this mean its more beneficial just to stay in normal mode all the time when you're not in hyper then? Will this make the hyper gauge increase faster than boost mode too? I'm a bit confused on whats best to do while you're not in Hyper mode.
Your chain only goes up when you shoot enemy fire with your Normal shot when you're in hyper mode. I think non-hyper Normal mode makes your hyper gauge go up faster than Boost.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I got another question. In training mode, what does the "Perfect" in the Bee section mean?