New Scanline generator SLG3000 - available now!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Animaitor

Re: New (upcoming) Scanline generator SLG3000

Post by Animaitor »

Damn you Fudoh!! Couldn't hold myself... ordered one SLG3000 :mrgreen:
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
borg07of09

Post by borg07of09 »

i looked at the website. it says it will take 3-4 weeks for delivery. is this item made to order and thats why it takes 3-4 weeks or this product is still in development hence the 3-4 weeks delivery?

sorry for the noob question... just wondering.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Best to send a PM to bencao74 and just ask him.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I'm more than sold... just waiting on a version with an enclosure.
jugu

Post by jugu »

Ordered one as well. Wonder if I still need an HDFury if the iScan Duo can turn off HDCP on the input?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Wonder if I still need an HDFury if the iScan Duo can turn off HDCP on the input?
HDCP isn't the problem. The problem is the missing RGBHV output on the Edge and the Duo. You can use a cheaper, non HDCP-complient HDMI-VGA converter, but the HDFury is known to work good, especially since it leaves the output resolution untouched otherwise.
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

HDFury is still available from the manufacturer -- it ships direct from Taiwan so customs might be a problem depending on where you are. Is there a crackdown on HDCP strippers? I figured one would come eventually, but I haven't read anything pertaining to it.
fagin

Post by fagin »

borg07of09 wrote:
i looked at the website. it says it will take 3-4 weeks for delivery. is this item made to order and thats why it takes 3-4 weeks or this product is still in development hence the 3-4 weeks delivery?

sorry for the noob question... just wondering.
I pre-ordered one, direct with Bencao74 a couple of weeks ago. By all accounts stock was not ready to ship then, but I would be informed when it was. I can only assume that stock is not ready to ship as I have not heard anything yet, which maybe why the lead time for orders now is looking at 3-4 weeks. From Fudoh's post it looks like the retail side will be ready to go soon, so the wait should not be long. :)
winni

Post by winni »

HI
I,m producing the units. The first charge is sended to Jochen, he will send them to you like a first in, first out buffer. :mrgreen:
The next charge is on the way, the same procedere as before. And so on. :arrow:
No probs anyway, I think. Just the "time lag" between producing and sending. But no more time lags at gaming in future!! :idea:
Regards from D
Winni
I m not incompetent, I m nocturnal active!
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Thanks for the heads up Winni. Now, go back to work! :twisted: hahaha! By the way, you should have you avatar with scanlines :wink:

Really, what you are doing is just amazing! Thanks you guys.
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

If you think you might have a use for the HDFury sometime in the future, and you live in the U.S or Canada, you might want to buy one now

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

Winni! According to google translate your signature should read "I'm not incompetent, just a night person with a day job!" It's very odd and not easily understood the way it's worded currently
HDgaming42

Post by HDgaming42 »

HDgaming42 wrote:Turns out starting Dec 15 it is damned near impossible to find a retailer that will sell devices like the HDFury to Canada
SGGG2 wrote:If you think you might have a use for the HDFury sometime in the future, and you live in the U.S or Canada, you might want to buy one now.
With my time machine? I thought I covered this...maybe in the US people will still have a shot. Even ebay is looking scarce, and as far north as I am you can just forget about Kijiji...

Utter insanity. People rip blu-ray's digitally, and they're worried about me converting something to analog to add scanlines, or heaven forbid--display on my Dell 2405 that doesn't support HDCP?!

I'm all for shutting down piracy, but this move does not help anyone.

Sorry--I'm bitter ATM. I ordered a SLG3000 just now and I have no (easy) was of using it thanks to government numskulls caving to idiotic requests from lobby groups in countries other than my own...
bencao74

Post by bencao74 »

Hey all,

received this morning this bunch. 1st wave of assembled SLG3000 :) I`m very happy that we can now ship out the device. The packages go this evening, saturday morning and monday morning to the post!

Thanks,

Jochen
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

I'm going to get one of these but may I know what shipping method do you offer? It's going to be holiday season over here soon so I'm a bit worried if the delivery got messed up. Thanks.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Wow, I see Winni has been working like a maniac lately. I thought the final version of the SLG3000 would use some kind of casing... oh well, it'll add a ghetto flavour to my setup :mrgreen:

HDgaming42, I feel your pain as I also have a Dell 2405FPW. I use a D4 cable from my PS3 to a XRGB-3 and HDCP content plays nicely on the monitor. Not as easy set up as just using an HDFury but since I already had the XRGB-3 it save me some money here. The D4 provides 1080i and 720p resolution though, no 1080p.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Damn, I wish I had the cash to order one of these right now. :(
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Nice! Can't wait till it hits my mailbox.
Animaitor wrote:Wow, I see Winni has been working like a maniac lately. I thought the final version of the SLG3000 would use some kind of casing... oh well, it'll add a ghetto flavour to my setup :mrgreen:
You could get yourself a nice black, shiny "Euro-case" and cram it in there.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Not big deal really, as long as it works I'm happy. With my 16 month baby running around and touching everything in her path I have to be extra careful.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Animaitor wrote:With my 16 month baby running around and touching everything in her path I have to be extra careful.
Not a fan of that phase. They grow up fast though.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
bencao74

Post by bencao74 »

Hey,

just wrote a reminder for all you guys who pre-ordered and not paid yet. So I think now is good time, the SLG 3000 is ready to ship.

Shipping method worldwide via German Post or DHL is normally delivered wordwide in 14days. I`ve experienced shipping times to USA in 5 - 10 days.

Shipping with tracking and insurance is reccomend by buying two or more pieces. Tracked shipping starts at 16€ and has shipping time about 4 weeks and more.
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

HDgaming42 wrote:With my time machine? I thought I covered this...maybe in the US people will still have a shot. Even ebay is looking scarce, and as far north as I am you can just forget about Kijiji...
Resellers have been barred, but you can still order direct. I don't know about customs...

http://dme.ghost2.net/hdfury/buy-hdfury-now/

If you stake out the AVScience and curtpalme marketplace forums you should almost certainly be able to snag one, or I'm sure someone here at shmups could ship you one from the US.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

So, does anyone want to take on bulk-ordering the SLG3000 for those of us in the US? And how hard would it be to mount this into an enclosure?
fagin

Post by fagin »

Just paid for the confirmed pre-order and can't wait to get this in a few days! :D
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Ordered! I hope the pre-orders doesn't eat up all of the available units. :lol:
fagin

Post by fagin »

emphatic wrote:Ordered! I hope the pre-orders doesn't eat up all of the available units. :lol:
You found that cash quick then!!! :D :D
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

There's always a magic-wallet somewhere for things like these. :lol:
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Sent the payment off for mine. Can't wait for it, especially after Fudah pointing out a use that never occurred to me. Using the XRGB for interlaced material and then laying over the scanline mask of this nifty item. Finally PS2 3rd strike looking proper with minimal work and devices.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

fagin wrote:
emphatic wrote:Ordered! I hope the pre-orders doesn't eat up all of the available units. :lol:
You found that cash quick then!!! :D :D
Debt-collection is an art form.
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

Paid! 8)

Hope to receive it before the holiday starts on the Feb 3rd :mrgreen:
aznxtc

Post by aznxtc »

Payment sent!!.. can't wait to play around with it...Xbox 360-->SLG3000-->Blast City TATEd-->Heaven