Extermination (Taito 1987, multiple regions)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Ed Oscuro

Extermination (Taito 1987, multiple regions)

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Well , let's go for an EXTERMINATION time.

It's an Undeadline-like.

Highscore entry isn't too complicated:

NAME - SCORE - STAGE ORDER (including and limited to stage 1 and subsequent levels visited) - Region played? - Version played? (PCB, MAME) - Autofire? (Optional)
Da rules: If you remember it, please put your stage progression order for lulz and mutual scoring profits (for an explanation what the hell I mean, look at the first "random thoughts" entry below, otherwise I'll assume you went straight to stage 2). Please post what region you are playing (if you can tell, i.e. playing through MAME), and autofire is allowed; hell, point-blank those annoying bosses to death please. You may write a note if using autofire but it's not gonna be mandatory.

Not a lot of information is out there about this one, so I'm including region information in case of differences. Be sure to watch the demo screen to see what the various enemy drops do (but most of them are pretty self-explanatory).

Some random thoughts:
* About the stage end doors and stage order: On the first stage, you usually go through the right door to stage 2. But if you do exceptionally well (either not taking any hits at the boss, or maybe by using one of the Psycho / Gundam Helmets and bumping into him repeatedly) you can go through the left stage, skipping ahead to stage 3. This would be "Round order 1,3." This is what my current (185K) score did. I haven't gotten in far enough to tell if there is a Darius-style levels system, but I suspect not since it's just a level-skipping mechanism for the first level. Reminds me of Konami's Dark Adventure / Devil World for some reason.
* Keeping an invincibility-type item ready for a couple spots seems to be a Very Good Idea
* The demo screen shows the players with amazing firepower, which I haven't been able to attain yet. If you're lucky you can get the Left Hand blaster very quickly though.
* Rescue Bag can be used immediately with no penalty.

Code: Select all

1.) Ed Oscuro - 293,960 - Round order 1,2,3,4 - World - Shmupmame v2.2 - Autofire ON/3