New moderators

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Icarus wrote:Running a community of any size is a tough and thankless job. So, many thanks to the old team[s] (and advance thanks to the new team) for doing a good job, and keep it up.
Seconded. Cheers, guys.
uwfan

Post by uwfan »

Icarus wrote:Running a community of any size is a tough and thankless job. So, many thanks to the old team[s] (and advance thanks to the new team) for doing a good job, and keep it up.
thirded. I completely agree and thanks you guys! 8)

ive been a member of the shmups.com forum [old and new] for around 4 years now i think, without this community id still be playing madden 20XX [shudder]!.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Thunder Force wrote:Welcome guys to the rockstar lifestyle of unpaid volunteer work :P
I'm guessing sex, drugs & rock 'n roll are out of the question here? :P

And thanks to all for the encouragement. :)
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Thanks to all the old and all the new guys willing to give their time. You rock. :D
"Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that people start declaring a game is overrated before it's even out? "
"You're at shmups.com. We're all psychics full of righteous indignation!"
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

I remembered in the old forum there used be a little nickname/title/descripton under certain moderators' and members' handle. I thought that was kinda cool.

And a big thanks to the mods for all their efforts.
al138

Post by al138 »

I too think mods are a good idea, and I appreciate their efforts! Those who argue that a privately funded, privately owned message board should be an absolute free speech zone need their heads examined. The board should be exactly what the owner wants, and those who don't like it should find somewhere else to post. I like the rules on this board, and I must say that it has proven to be the most helpful, positive posting experience I've ever had. :D

Kudos! :!:
Bought from (via Paypal):
Alien Soldier, Bleem, CMoon, russ, thewestexit
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

I was actually wondering about when there'd be a new mod team since a few of the old mods weren't around that often (if at all) anymore.

Anyway glad there is some fresh blood in the mod team, because as far as I'm concerned it's become more neccesary in the last year or so to have some active modding here.

Both new mods are around VERY often when I check the board (especially Ghegs, who seems to be THE permanent resident here) so I am confident that they can have a good enough grasp of what's going on and hopefully the wisdom to act when neccesary.

In short: Congrats to Jiji and Ghegs with their new appointments! :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Jiji and Ghegs. Good choices. I wouldn't have thought of it, but now that I see their names in yellow it makes sense.

@Dylan, I hope I wasn't part of your leaving the mod world. No hard feelings I hope.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

I don't think the mods are doing a very good job. Why hasn't this been moved to off-topic yet!!