SF Bay Area Shmupmeet - 12/5

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Alec

Re: SF Bay Area Shmupmeet - 12/5

Post by Alec »

I can hardly wait!
BER

Post by BER »

All right, I'm driving down there now. See you all there!
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thanks everyone for another great meet! Special thanks for mdl for bringing the x68000...which seemed to be a much bigger hit this time compared to the last meet. Also thanks for akraten, frenetic, and Dan for making the long trip up from LA!

Also thanks to Aru-San for livestreaming the event, although I think only one person was on there. :lol:

I tweeted a few pics from my iphone, you can find here:
http://yfrog.com/juzmtjj
http://yfrog.com/ht88631427j
http://yfrog.com/69ba401j
http://yfrog.com/jupeur0j
http://yfrog.com/0u4ix0j
http://yfrog.com/47bta0j
http://yfrog.com/3tw4k01j
BER

Post by BER »

Dave, thanks again for hosting this meet! I had a fun time!
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
mdl

Post by mdl »

Hey Dave, thanks for throwing another meet. There was an awesome turnout! I'm glad everyone really liked the X68000 and Darius Gaiden. I think one of the mega monitors will definitely be coming along next time.

A few people wanted various things like disk images for some of the X68000 games, so if you were one of these people, please send me a PM to remind me!
Kiselgof

Post by Kiselgof »

Another awesome meet, thanks Dave! Great food as always so props to Nina. Ironish & SSF pass along their thanks as well for your generous hosting. :D

The X68K definitely brought out some old school gems in addition to a great modern Cave lineup. This was one of the best meets that I can remember!
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Thanks for hosting the meet; it was great trying out all the games as well as interacting with all of you. Hopefully I'll see some of you at the next meet!

And I uploaded my share of pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raydere/se ... 539033774/
Dave, if there's any you want removed, PM me.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Awesome meet! This was definitely one of the best ever. For me, it was the X68000 and Darius Gaiden that made it (thanks mdl!). Under Defeat rocked too. I'm always happy to see the non-manics get play =)
Humans, think about what you have done
Kitaru

Post by Kitaru »

I was already bummed that I wasn't going to be able to tag along, but it pains me even more that I missed out on another chance to play TGM3, hahaha.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

louisg wrote:Awesome meet! This was definitely one of the best ever. For me, it was the X68000 and Darius Gaiden that made it (thanks mdl!). Under Defeat rocked too. I'm always happy to see the non-manics get play =)
That, and Daifukkatsu (finally playing it on a proper controller instead of an iPhone, no hard feelings for those who prefer touch controls) and Tetris TGM3; to think I'd get to play that again in only 8 months instead of perhaps 3 more years!
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

Thanks for allowing me and my friend into your home. We had alot of fun- and it was a pleasure as always!

Thanks!
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
louisg

Post by louisg »

word.. also props to the guys who drove all the way up from LA.. that's some serious shmups dedication! :)
ForeverSublime

Post by ForeverSublime »

Great day. Thanks so much to Dave and Nina.

Also, a big thanks to mdl for bringing the X68k - and also thank you to all the people that had the skills to play games that others could enjoy watching. It all comes together for a great event. (the close Cowboys/Colts game didn't hurt, either)

I'm really bad at catching names. Who was the fella playing Strider? Cool dude.
Alec

Post by Alec »

What an awesome meet-up! Thanks again for hosting Dave. And thanks to Aaron for bringing that oh-so-sinister mustache. :lol:
louisg

Post by louisg »

ForeverSublime wrote: I'm really bad at catching names. Who was the fella playing Strider? Cool dude.
Think that was me.. I got to the gravity/orbiting part and then lost my last continue
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

My first shmupmeet of all time, and it never failed to impress me all around. So many first times in this shmupmeet, and I hope I can improve the next time I come over.

Around 5 hours of the shmupmeet have been archived on my livestream, though the stream is pretty much only a general view of the front section of the meet. I would've done the stream from the far end of Dave K.'s garage if the signal didn't weaken and disconnect at that point, so apologies if the stream looks way too much like a security camera. :o

Also, KETSUPACHI WANT >=O
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Kiselgof

Post by Kiselgof »

Uh oh, I guess our livestream hijinks will now be forever archived for our future employers to see...
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Thanks Dave for hosting !
So many great games and everyone was awesome!

Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
NOAH

Post by NOAH »

Damn, I wish I coulda been there. Maybe next year, hopefully it'll be a good group again.
antron

Post by antron »

A blast as usual, Thanks Dave!
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

It was awesome coming up to the Bay Area and the cherry on top was this meet! Thanks to Dave_K. and Nina for hosting, you guys are the best. That invitation out to dinner is a standing offer if you guys are ever in So. Cal, just send me a PM. Food was amazing! The guacamole and cookies especially. Loved being able to play all those games, chat with you guys, and meet fellow people.

Props: Everyone was so chill and friendly, must have been that Nor Cal hospitality. Loved playing Joust, Robotron, Stargate, Darius Gaiden, Under Defeat, Pink Sweets, Muchi Muchi Pork, DDP DFK 1.5 port, Dangun Feveron, wish I had time to play Aqua Rush and Tetris Grandmaster 3.

Alec, it was cool meeting you. I made sure to slow down on the way down back.
Cheers to MDL for bringing such a cool system, loved being able to see ChoRenSha68k being played, love that game.
Nice chatting with Aru-San and gs68 about games.
BER, awesome finally meeting you and watching you play. Keep those guides coming.
antron, IlMrm, Battlesmurf, louisg, segasonicfan (yeah get your coffee in) cool meeting you guys!

Slops: The only thing was not being able to talk/introduce myself to everyone. Really cool meeting with other people into shmups. Let's all meet on the battlefield of the next STGT!
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Those pics and video look great! I guess I need to upgrade my old iphone.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

A huge thanks to Dave and Nina for hosting. The dip was absolutely delicious. It was great to see everyone again. Bernard is methodical in his execution as always.

Sammy passes along his thanks too for the meet, and for all the tips.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Dave, do you have Ketsui (either form)? If not I may bring the 360 port to the next shmupmeet, if I get it for Christmas.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Yes, I have both the PCB and the 360 port. I think this was the only shmupmeet where I didn't have it playing! :lol: If you do get it for xmas, and get far with the port, I'll have you play the PCB so you can see the speed difference, and you'll probably score much better on the PCB.
caincan

Post by caincan »

THX for the various pictures, videos, streaming ! this time it's nearly broadcast cover :)

8) sounds like "R+R" was running on the x68k :)