RQ: Ketsui 1-1 Pre-Mid-Boss Scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Exo

RQ: Ketsui 1-1 Pre-Mid-Boss Scoring

Post by Exo »

Hey there.
I have some trouble finding out what exactly this guy is doing when he kills the small enemies at the mid-boss spawn area (basically the whole video).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0HPGCJDJ
Would be awesome if somebody here could help me out.
Thanks alot ! :)

P.S.: If youre having trouble downloading the video here is a streaming link : http://www.megavideo.com/?d=0HPGCJDJ
Plasmo

Re: RQ: Ketsui 1-1 Pre-Mid-Boss Scoring

Post by Plasmo »

Quoting zakk from the ST, second page:
zakk wrote:The basic idea is you weaken the enemy with shot (easiest to use C button). Just before it dies, press A (keep C held down). Your pods will start to move into position, but you will keep shooting. The trick is to time it so you kill the enemy before lock on happens, with your shot and as close to 'fully deployed pods' as you can get. This will trigger multiple chips from the enemy.

You'll want to do this on both 'forms' of the two big planes, and the building turret+pods. I don't do it properly on the building myself (I only do it on one of the side parts) and my multiplier will still hit 750 on a good day.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Exo

Post by Exo »

Plasmo wrote:Quoting zakk from the ST, second page:
zakk wrote:The basic idea is you weaken the enemy with shot (easiest to use C button). Just before it dies, press A (keep C held down). Your pods will start to move into position, but you will keep shooting. The trick is to time it so you kill the enemy before lock on happens, with your shot and as close to 'fully deployed pods' as you can get. This will trigger multiple chips from the enemy.

You'll want to do this on both 'forms' of the two big planes, and the building turret+pods. I don't do it properly on the building myself (I only do it on one of the side parts) and my multiplier will still hit 750 on a good day.
Im talking about the bunch of small enemies though.
Im familiar with that exploit (I usually get 18-19 mil on 1-1).
It just doesnt seem to work for the small area before the mid-boss :/
It seems like the wr stops shortly before the lockshot starts but i cant really reproduce it with c+a.
I usually have a chipcount of 9xx-7xx during the actual mid-boss when it should be 1xxx-8xx so i guess hes getting alot of extra chips from that small area shown in the video.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

It the same strategy for the popcorns. Timing is everything.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Exo

Post by Exo »

Plasmo wrote:It the same strategy for the popcorns. Timing is everything.
Alright I'll toy around with it some more then. Thanks alot :)