Getting the Q-sound on a cps2 to work

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dewclaw

Getting the Q-sound on a cps2 to work

Post by Dewclaw »

I was reading Chris Mullins' CPS2 faq and it says that you can get a better effect out of hooking up speakers to their respective jack on the A board. I have some speakers from an old surround sound system that look like they should work(the basic red and white sound plugs) but when I plug them into the board I get nothing. Is a capcom cab wired specially for q-sound, and I don't get it because I'm using a standard JAMMA harness that outputs through the cab speakers?
undamned

Post by undamned »

Can't recall, but you may need to change something in your setup menu (maybe: Mono -> Q Sound). Also, there's volume adjust on the side of yer CPS2 mobo.
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
thegreathopper

Re: Getting the Q-sound on a cps2 to work

Post by thegreathopper »

Dewclaw wrote:I was reading Chris Mullins' CPS2 faq and it says that you can get a better effect out of hooking up speakers to their respective jack on the A board. I have some speakers from an old surround sound system that look like they should work(the basic red and white sound plugs) but when I plug them into the board I get nothing. Is a capcom cab wired specially for q-sound, and I don't get it because I'm using a standard JAMMA harness that outputs through the cab speakers?
The sound is unamplified, the same as the output on a cd player..
you need to go through a stereo amp before the speakers...
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Yea you need an amp, and then change the settings in the test menu. Also the volume needs to be cranked because the signal is very low.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
Dewclaw

Post by Dewclaw »

So that's how it has to be. Thanks guys! You'd think that since the mobo is hooked up to power anyway it'd power the speakers too :?